Welcome to Gaia! ::

Roleplaying Gems [A Literate Roleplaying Community]

Back to Guilds

We provide a roleplaying environment suitable for learning, teaching, mentoring, and benefiting from that experience. 

Tags: roleplaying, gems, literate, roleplay, fantasy 

Reply Roleplaying Gems [Roleplaying + Community Area]
More Meteor Showers Bring Even Stranger Powers. (O/A) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 551 552 553 554 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rikki Tikki Travi

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:37 pm
Gidget shakes her head. "It's not crazy at all. One of my friends can mold a shadow like play-doh."

She rubs her chin thoughtfully. "Since you can hear heartbeats, I'm guessing you've probably realized that there is something different about mine."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:54 am
She nodded somewhat. "From the moment you walked in a knew you were.. different. I just didn't know how. You seem normal enough from what I can see of you. But your body... it seems to... whirl..." She laughed softly. "I guess that's the best word for it. Whirls and clicks." She relaxed somewhat and ran her hand through Hans' fur. The dog sat at her feet silently, enjoy the quietly time.  

JewJewBeans

Rikki Tikki Travi

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:52 am
Gidget can't help but give a hearty laugh. "That's the first time I've ever heard it described like that. You are exactly on point. There isn't a single part of me that isn't artificial. Essentially I'm a ghost in a machine. My physical body died thirteen years ago, and I've been like this ever since."

She leans forward in her seat and grins. "I'm going to be frank. I don't think I can perfectly replicate normal human vision. At least not in a human brain. What I can do however is enhance your echo-location ability to it's maximum potential so that you might as well be able to see. You'll be essentially color blind, but you'll be able to make out more than just what is in your immediate vicinity. I can do this by outfitting you with artificial eyes that will be indistinguishable from real ones. They will send out pulses similar to radar, and be able to decipher them in a way your brain can understand it. You wont be able to see two dimensional images, but then TV rots your brain anyways."

She rubs her hands together excitedly. "What do you think? Want to do it?"

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:39 am
Justine smiled at the woman. So that's what it had been. She had thought that maybe Gigdet had had a mechanical arm or something to that effect. But this was much more then she thought. Then Gigdet moved on to explaining how she planned on giving Justine her vision back. She listened and felt her body tingle. It sounded like a good idea. It sounded to good to be true... But if the young woman was basically a robot. Then why couldn't she have robotic eyes. At the same time.... She frowned somewhat. She didn't want to think of the downside. Besides, what could be so bad about that? She had thought this would be some big thing, but she knew shortly after that she wanted to do it. "I think it's amazing. Where do I sign up?" She laughed softly, a bright smile lighting up her face.  

JewJewBeans

Rikki Tikki Travi

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:15 pm
Gidget smile mirrors Justine's. She takes Justine's hands and grips them with excitement. "Just say the word. I need to confer with an expert first, and then I can have you seeing by the day after tomorrow."  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:04 am
The blind woman felt as if someone had punched her in the chest. All the air escapes from her lungs an she felt her own heart rate increase. "Would it really be that quickly?" Her voice was airy and soft, her head spinning around te idea. By the end of the week, it would be almost as if nothing had happened, except she would still have these powers... But she would be able to help people again.  

JewJewBeans

Rikki Tikki Travi

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:04 am
Gidget nods her head enthusiastically. "You haven't seen me when I'm in the zone. I put together the body I'm in now in a little over a day. Making a set of eyes will be no problem. The longest part of the procedure will be the insertion and adaptation. It will take almost a day for your body to accept the neural implants required to make the eyes work. After that, it will be up to you to adapt to being able to see sound."  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:51 am
She nodded. "I guess in the end it can't be any harder then being blind." She shrugged somewhat. She had adjusted pretty well to being... as blind as she was. And while she might be off balance for a few days, it wouldn't take her long to figure out how her new eyes would work. She held out her hand to Gigdet. "Well then, let's try it." She laughed softly. "I've got nothing to loose, right?" She beamed brightly.  

JewJewBeans

PixelMuse

5,500 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:08 pm
A man who looked to be in his thirties stepped out of his office, "Hello Trinity." He paused a moment and took out his glasses from his pocket. He pointed to her with them still folded, "It never cease to amaze me that it seemed like yesterday you were a young teen struggling with your meta-human power and now you're so confident and strong. Heck if I didn't know better I'd say you weren't the same person." He puts his glasses on, "Pardon my manners, I'm Jason Ryan, head of lodging in Valhalla and you must be Miss Deora. I was just on the phone with your new room mate. She's seems absolutely excited to have you as a room mate" he said that rubbing his hear for a moment. "Allow me to show you around the place."

Trinity blushed a little at Jason's comment a little embarrassed by it. He seem to bring that up to the new recruits she'd bring in. She guessed it was so that they don't feel as intimidated and probably to have someone to look up to. She turned to Deora, "I'm afraid I have to get going there are a couple of things I need to check up on. I'll be sure to join you later for dinner and hopefully with Gidget as well." and with that she stepped into her shadow. She emerges from behind Gidget and finds herself in a living room with the blind woman from this morning. "Sorry to barge in like this. Just wanted to check up on you..." she paused a moment she knew she worked so hard so that others didn't have to worry so she rounded the end of the response with, "can't let you have all the fun now can I?"  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:00 am
Gidget squeals with excited glee. "Great, just come with me and we caBWAH!"

She jumps and spins around at the sound of Trinity's voice. Her mechanical heart was beating a million miles a minute. "Darnit Trinity, you know I hate it when you do that."

She sighs and motions towards her new friend, "Trinity, this is Justine. I'm going to be taking her to my office to make her a new set of eyes."

Rikki Tikki Travi

JewJewBeans

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:44 pm
Justine felt her entire body jump at the sound of a third voice. Hans rose his head and barked several times before Justine hushed him. She turned towards the sound of the voice. "You know, it's not a very good thing to sneak up on a blind person. They tend to be a little jumpy." She smiled softly as she looked between the two woman. "It kind of sounds strange when you put it like that." She blushed softly at the idea of Gigdet making her eyes.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:47 pm
"Hi Justine" Trinity grabs her hand knowing she couldn't see. "Again I'm sorry if I have interrupted something." She looks to Gidget,"Deora is going on a tour with Jason. Can't help but think of my first day there whenever I see him. So, do you need to take Justine to your lab? I can take all three of us there if you'd like."  

PixelMuse

5,500 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

Rikki Tikki Travi

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:24 pm
Gidget thinks for a moment. While going through the shadow realm was always neat, she still had her car here. Plus there was the issue of Trinity's stamina. "You've been popping in and out of shadows a lot today. Are you sure you can handle taking two of us at once?"  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:47 pm
"I have enough stamina left. I was able to work on that while I was training not that long ago. I have more than enough energy left to take us there." she said reassuringly."Wait a minute, did you use your car to get to the diner today? I almost forgot..." she rubs her head "perhaps I am getting a little tired." sweatdrop  

PixelMuse

5,500 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

The Count of Monte Carlo

5,950 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:16 pm
Deora was a bit nervous to be leaving Trinity to follow someone she didn't know, but she supposed she was safe here. She hefted her duffel bag onto her shoulder and waved to Trinity as she disappeared, then turned back to Jason. "So, I get a room-mate? What's their name?"  
Roleplaying Gems [Roleplaying + Community Area]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 551 552 553 554 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games