Welcome to Gaia! ::

Roleplaying Gems [A Literate Roleplaying Community]

Back to Guilds

We provide a roleplaying environment suitable for learning, teaching, mentoring, and benefiting from that experience. 

Tags: roleplaying, gems, literate, roleplay, fantasy 

Reply Roleplaying Gems [Roleplaying + Community Area]
More Meteor Showers Bring Even Stranger Powers. (O/A) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 551 552 553 554 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Count of Monte Carlo

5,950 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:26 pm
Deora wanted to take her hand away as soon as Gidget shook it. It felt...wrong, somehow. Almost inhuman. She pushed such thoughts away as she heard the offer of food. Though she'd just eaten, her stomach growled as if she'd gong all day without food. In fact, the food she'd had just a minute ago was the first food she'd had in a while. Her condition accelerated her metabolism, and she always seemed hungry now that she had to fight for her meals. "Yeah, That sounds pretty good."  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:09 am
It isn't long before Gidget has Trinity and her pickpocket friend sitting around a table at a Denny's. She had eaten earlier, and her body didn't need any more to function at the moment, so she decides to just sit and watch her friends eat.

A waiter approaches and recognizes Gidget. He reminds her that her money is no good there, and that anything she orders is on the house. Gidget beams and thanks the waiter, then looks to her new friend. "Go crazy, both of you guys. So, what may I call you young lady?"

Rikki Tikki Travi

PixelMuse

5,500 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:38 am
Trinity wasn't really hungry right now since she too had breakfast eqrlier. So she ordered some water. "Thanks Gidget but I think I'll pass on the go crazy today. Heh remember that time I challenged you to an all you can eat contest they had here a while back? You totally kicked my butt that day." she smiled at that fond memory.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:49 am
Smiling brightly as she walked through the street of the Subdistrict, Angel almost seemed to have a soft glow to her. Although, it might have been from the radiation that was in some of the water around those parts, but she didn't seem to mind. She never did really. Bare footed, she walked on, wandering aimlessly so that those who sought her, may find her. Her white gown was torn in different spots, the hem nearly destroyed and nearly non-existence. Her long brown hair was messy and uncombed, but it only seemed to help her look, mote then take away from it, because although it as messy, it was healthy and clean. Her skin was a dark sun-kissed tan from being outside day and night.

But the thing that made Angel stand out the most was the white feathered wings which she had gained during the first meteor shower. Perfect part of her anatomy, the two white wings laid gently resting on her back. It was for this reason she had been called and Angel. And she dd her best to live up to that name.

She paused as she glanced down the road. She could hear the sound of the city not to far away. The chain link fence that blocked off the Subdistrict from the rest of the city. The barbed wire above was to keep them from climbing out, but it wasn't long before the fence began to have holes that people could crawl through, or people like herself could fly over the whole thing.... The fence was more like a warning sign that any real way to keep the Meta-Humans out of the city. Many people past in and out of the fence all day.

She titled her head at the sounds of the cars... It felt... strange to hear them. Feeling a sort of twitch in her body, she continued to walk on, further into the Subdistrict, further into her home.

JewJewBeans

The Count of Monte Carlo

5,950 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:29 am
Before Deora answered Gidget's question, she ordered a Grand Slam with everything and a sweet tea from the waiter. As he walked away, she turned her attention back to Gidget and Trinity. "My name is Deora. Deora Alvarez."  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:17 pm
"I'm Trinity Smith, pleasure to meet you Deora." she reached a hand over to shake hers. "So how long have you been fending for yourself?"  

PixelMuse

5,500 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

The Count of Monte Carlo

5,950 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:26 pm
Deora hesitantly reached over the table to shake her hand. "I guess I should say the same, Trinity. And I suppose I should also apologize to you, um, Gidget." She looked up as the waiter returned briefly to set a glass of iced tea in front of her before continuing on his way. Deora took a quick drink before answering Trinity's question. "It's only been a month or so, I think. The days kind of blurred into each other there for a while, and it all seems like it was a longer time than it actually was."  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:38 am
Gidget waves dismissively, "It's all water under the bridge. You've done fairly well for yourself for a month. Most people with our...gifts, end up in prison or dead after being on their own. I'm guessing you have a place in the sub-district that you hang your hat?"  

Rikki Tikki Travi

The Count of Monte Carlo

5,950 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:18 am
"Gracias, though it doesn't feel like I've been doing all that well to me. My current place is just an apartment in an abandoned building with a pack of creeps in the basement."
She took another drink of her tea before continuing. "But I guess you're right, I'm not in jail or the ground, so I guess it ain't all that bad."  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:08 pm
Gidget studies Deora. Even though her eyes could tell she was exposed to meteor radiation, she still doesn't know what it is her new friend can do. The curiosity is too much for her.

"If you don't mind my being blunt Deora, what can you do? My curiosity is just dying to be quelled."

Rikki Tikki Travi

The Count of Monte Carlo

5,950 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:17 pm
Deora went quiet for a moment. She didn't like talking about her power in public, not since her family had kicked her out for it. Still, these people acted as if they wanted to help, so why not tell them? "I can uh, I can manipulate water. I'm not very good though."  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:00 pm
"Oh yea? I once knew a guy who could make ice, but he couldn't do anything with water. That's pretty cool. And don't worry about talking out in public like this. Right now I'm broadcasting an audio scrambler that makes it sound like we are talking in Simlish. The only person who can understand us is the waiter, and he's like us."

Gidget winks at Deora and settles back in her seat. "I seem to remember someone else who had difficulty with their powers at first, eh Trinity?" She says with a mischievous grin.

Rikki Tikki Travi

PixelMuse

5,500 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:34 pm
"Yep, no denying that. At first it started off with dark dreams. I didn't think of it serious. Then I started waking up at other places aside from my bed," she rubs her head " many a mornings I woke up bumping my head. From under the bed to under the coffee table in the living room even the basement at times. I thought I had some weird case of sleep walking. Then it happened while I was awake. I was heading home, and suddenly I tripped and fell. Fell into my shadow and landed at a bar. Alcohol was all over me when I landed. I panicked I felt terrible for interrupting people, as it turned out it those people were Leviathan and the reporter Daisy Sun. Everything changed after that and there was no turning back."  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:28 pm
"So you guys are used to dealing with freaks like me?" Deora asked. Se looked at her glass of tea, and the ice clinked against the edges of the glass as she asked; "How exactly do you deal with freaks like me?"  

The Count of Monte Carlo

5,950 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
Roleplaying Gems [Roleplaying + Community Area]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 551 552 553 554 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items