Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §
A quote that applies to all of us here, i hope....... Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Does this appliy to you?
  yes!!!
  no........ ( me: "Think beyond the L7")
View Results

azrael the reaper_95210

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:28 pm
" I think, therefore I am a threat to society......" - Me  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:57 pm
nah, it doesnt, the fact that you think actually contributes to society, how? very simple my friend, they already expect you to think therefore you have two options think like them or to think that you can make a difference, both paths are prove to lead to the misery of the human being inside the society...  

I am Yuu-chan

Verderbnis

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:29 am
azrael the reaper
" I think, therefore I am a threat to society......" - Me
Funny point, I know what you're aiming at wink  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:32 pm
I am Yuu-chan
nah, it doesnt, the fact that you think actually contributes to society, how? very simple my friend, they already expect you to think therefore you have two options think like them or to think that you can make a difference, both paths are prove to lead to the misery of the human being inside the society...

when you dare to think for yourself, instead of just following along with what your society says, you threaten the very fabric of your society's ideals, therefore when you think, you are a threat to society.

That is why our society says that to be someone, you NEED a college education, or at least high school. but why? In both places, we are pushed to think a certain way, to believe whatever they tell us. Because it is brainwash, they force it upon you in order to become someone........  

azrael the reaper_95210

Calypsophia

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 2:58 am
sometimes I wonder if society itself isnt a threat to the individual.....  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:22 am
lilraine

"A person is smart. People are dumb, and you know it." - Agent K, Men In Black.  

azrael the reaper_95210

Calypsophia

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 6:16 am
azrael the reaper
lilraine

indeed smile perhaps it's because a single average individual alone, will think for his/herself. but put that person in the midst of a large group and he allows himself to be led by the group collectively no longer listening to his own sense of logic. jumping on the band wagon, allowing themselves to be led.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:55 am
Calypsophia
azrael the reaper
lilraine

indeed smile perhaps it's because a single average individual alone, will think for his/herself. but put that person in the midst of a large group and he allows himself to be led by the group collectively no longer listening to his own sense of logic. jumping on the band wagon, allowing themselves to be led.

exactly...... i comletly agree, which is why I built an immunity to peer pressure long ago...........  

azrael the reaper_95210

Calypsophia

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:13 pm
azrael the reaper
Calypsophia
azrael the reaper
lilraine

exactly...... i comletly agree, which is why I built an immunity to peer pressure long ago...........

ah, if only I had done so when I was younger... I wouldnt have started smoking cigs. now I'm trying to quit and it's amazingly difficult :  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:01 pm
Calypsophia
azrael the reaper
Calypsophia
azrael the reaper
lilraine

ah, if only I had done so when I was younger... I wouldnt have started smoking cigs. now I'm trying to quit and it's amazingly difficult :

well good luck........  

azrael the reaper_95210

Khalida Nyoka
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:52 pm
azrael the reaper
I am Yuu-chan

when you dare to think for yourself, instead of just following along with what your society says, you threaten the very fabric of your society's ideals, therefore when you think, you are a threat to society.

That is why our society says that to be someone, you NEED a college education, or at least high school. but why? In both places, we are pushed to think a certain way, to believe whatever they tell us. Because it is brainwash, they force it upon you in order to become someone........

Sure a teacher or professor may (immorally) push their ideas off on a student, but that doesn't make it worthless. With no education to speak of, a person is highly impressionable... as they lack the essential skills to make a "crap-filter."

Thinking isn't a threat to society, it is the salvation of the civilized world. It is also how the US was intended to be. Everyone was supposed to get educated to an extent so they would not be fooled by a tyrant, and would know what decisions to make, why they made them, and how to handle the consequences.

All ills of the modern world stem from the lack of care or thought on the part of the individuals. Those in power use the lazy tendencies of the people to their advantage, knowing that the standard citizen won't think of what the government is doing... or, maybe more importantly, not doing.

Society is not threatened though, only the agenda of a small few, and the status quo... but it will never harm society/civilization.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:50 am
Khalida Nyoka
azrael the reaper
I am Yuu-chan

Sure a teacher or professor may (immorally) push their ideas off on a student, but that doesn't make it worthless. With no education to speak of, a person is highly impressionable... as they lack the essential skills to make a "crap-filter."

Thinking isn't a threat to society, it is the salvation of the civilized world. It is also how the US was intended to be. Everyone was supposed to get educated to an extent so they would not be fooled by a tyrant, and would know what decisions to make, why they made them, and how to handle the consequences.

All ills of the modern world stem from the lack of care or thought on the part of the individuals. Those in power use the lazy tendencies of the people to their advantage, knowing that the standard citizen won't think of what the government is doing... or, maybe more importantly, not doing.

Society is not threatened though, only the agenda of a small few, and the status quo... but it will never harm society/civilization.

1)when you think for yourself, you are likely to question the actions of those in charge, such as the government.

2)It is said we must have leadership in order to have a society.

3)Without it, it is said to be total anarchy.

4)Therefore, when we think, and thus question the actions of the government, our leadership, we threaten to question the actions of a "supposedly" major factor of society, thus threatening society itself.  

azrael the reaper_95210

Calypsophia

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:15 am
Khalida Nyoka
azrael the reaper
I am Yuu-chan

what azrael is saying is not that teachers themselves are trying to brainwash students. he's saying thats what the *system* in which the teachers work are doing. and he's right. the job of the school system is to produce productive citizens... to assimilate us into this society machine. and I agree with him. but actually, I think it serves 2 purposes. think about it.... MOST what you learned or are learning in grade and high school you wont remember. you'll only remember those parts of the education you've received that you'll use in the workforce. 18 years of schooling is mostly meant to keep you OUT of the workforce until you're older and formed to their specifications (like clay is formed into a vase). you'll have all the values and ideals that THIS society *wants* you to have. not only that, but placing children in business would mess up the economy because you'd be pushing out people who've been working and moving their way up in their prospective companies for years.

back in the early 1900s the highest grade you were expected to move up to was 7th or 8th. after that, if you werent going to help with the family farm or business it was some kind of specialty school. over the years they changed that to match the changing and growing economy. all we REALLY need to live, is our basic reading, writing, and arithmetic. after that, it depends on what you want to do when you grow up.

school only teaches you how to function in society.... not how to live. if society was to fall, all our educations will be useless.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:17 pm
azrael the reaper
I am Yuu-chan

I know where you are aiming at, but like I said both paths leads to a misery inside society, if You think like them then you will get like 50 YO and think that you hate your job, your house and even the very fact of living inside of a society, if you dont, and think that You can make a change then you will get 50 YO and think that could have given your kids a better school, that all the humiliation of think different wasnt worth of it, and things like that, the fact my friend is that the ones that realizes this are the ones that taste the worst of humanity, cuz we can see the machine but we cant stop it, and not because we dont try but because when you realizes how huge that machine is it just doesnt matter how many hands try, is one against thousand...  

I am Yuu-chan

Calypsophia

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:56 pm
on thinking for one's self.... just something that this thread made me think about.....

in 14 countries, 'holocaust denial' is illegal. that means, if you dont believe the holocaust actually happened the way authorities say it happened, and voice your opinions, you're going to jail. now, I happen to believe it happened as it is said to have happened. however, I am against the idea of someone having another opinion about it being punnished. this is a clear cut example of governments not wanting people to think for themselves.

there is a famous quote that goes "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." - Voltaire. this quote, I believe is what inspired our constitutional Freedom of Speech. and I am 100% behind it. this denial is not illegal in the USA, but is generally frowned upon by the majority. and the reason for this is explained in the next quote.

another quote I found by a man named Dr. William Lane Craig : “Tolerance means that I may disagree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. Unfortunately, in our politically correct age, too many people have the impression that tolerance means, ‘I dare not disagree with what you say, lest I be branded bigoted or dogmatic for having dared to say it.’”

and this, is a perfect example of how people, when grouped together (the masses) suddenly have issues when it comes to independant thought and opinion.  
"PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff