Dabbling Regular

15,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:04 pm
Or not?  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:47 pm
Hell yeah their is a God, the world is to perfect (by design I mean) to be made by evolution. We are NOT an accident their is a creator, God, the Allmighty.
If you would like to get into deeper discussion of this please message me.  

Felixaran

1,500 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Hygienic 200

I am Yuu-chan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:18 pm
the concept of god demands a conscious being, and infinite can be done inside of a box as conscience. there you go, the concept of god doesn't aloud his existence.

if you want to get in a deeper discussion pm me, am too lazy to pm you.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:39 pm
my belief depends on what your concept of god is.  

Calypsophia

Verderbnis

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:13 am
I don't believe in a god, because I have some doubts.

Some people can't imagine life was created "coincidentally" or even the universe existed since a real long time.

But these people often imagine a "godly" creature living since the beginning of eternity created this universe.

But my question is then who created god?

I call myself spiritual, but not religious. I don't belong to any religion, and I won't. I found my own form of spirituality, the other "servants" of the other "higher beings" (however they're called) should leave me alone.

Nothing stands over nature.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:23 pm
It's just my belief that there is no god, but I am willing to be a bit flexible on this. I think if anything, I believe in multiple gods, not just one. One god is convenient for people, but I think that the world has too many elements to be "created" by or "belong" to just one god (or goddess?).

As far as evolution goes, I don't understand how people can say it's false (well, I can, but I just don't buy it). What about fossil record showing striking similarities in the structure found in humans and other animals? Also, our DNA is SOOO similar to some of the prime apes of this planet. What accounts for that? Maybe we really did decend from prime apes millions of years ago.  

angelfire_krys

Calypsophia

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:04 am
angelfire_krys
It's just my belief that there is no god, but I am willing to be a bit flexible on this. I think if anything, I believe in multiple gods, not just one. One god is convenient for people, but I think that the world has too many elements to be "created" by or "belong" to just one god (or goddess?).

As far as evolution goes, I don't understand how people can say it's false (well, I can, but I just don't buy it). What about fossil record showing striking similarities in the structure found in humans and other animals? Also, our DNA is SOOO similar to some of the prime apes of this planet. What accounts for that? Maybe we really did decend from prime apes millions of years ago.

how about the idea that all gods are one, and the god/dess aspects are two sides of the same coin.. yin and yang, so to speak. what if religion puts clothes on the divine according to culture, and the true underlying source doesnt have all these human characteristics and dogma that religion claims their deity has?

and to me, evolution and belief in deity (tho I hold no belief in personal deity myself) are not mutually exclusive.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:45 am
I believe the christian god is a sham. But it gives hope to people in desperate places.. as well as a scapegoat. If weak people need the crutch, let them have it.

Anyway.. Im pagan. Grew up pagan. I see 'god' as the energy of the earth. I dont pray to it, but I can channel it, use it for good... and there is not a question as to whether energy exists.  

JustineThyme

Calypsophia

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:39 am
JustineThyme
I believe the christian god is a sham. But it gives hope to people in desperate places.. as well as a scapegoat. If weak people need the crutch, let them have it.

Anyway.. Im pagan. Grew up pagan. I see 'god' as the energy of the earth. I dont pray to it, but I can channel it, use it for good... and there is not a question as to whether energy exists.

how can one religious belief be a crutch and not another? I've known pagans who use their beliefs like crutches as well. in your magickal rites do you never call upon Gaia, or Danu, or Artimes, or Diana, or any of the masculine symbols of whatever energy you are trying to draw or channel to aid your cause? at least thats what I feel deity is.. a symbolic representation of the specific energy one wishes to call on. cannot the belief in *anything* that cannot be proven (and if magick could be empirically proven it would cease to be called magick, science would see to that) be what you call a 'crutch' for those who fear death, or looking for meaning in their lives? doesnt the belief in and practice of magick help give you that meaning?

dont get me wrong, I believe in magick too. I believe in the energies in all life and nature, but I'm not going to delude myself into thinking that these things are any less of a 'crutch' or any more valid than the christian belief or any other religious belief.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:31 pm
Hellraver

Some people can't imagine life was created "coincidentally" or even the universe existed since a real long time.

But these people often imagine a "godly" creature living since the beginning of eternity created this universe.

I call myself spiritual, but not religious. I don't belong to any religion, and I won't. I found my own form of spirituality, the other "servants" of the other "higher beings" (however they're called) should leave me alone.

i have to agree fully with you.

im living and thats all i care about.

what i dont get is the fact that the bible and all those other bible thingys of different religion say things like "dont kill" or something similar to that and yet there were the crusades, muslims with human bombs.

WTF!?!?!?!?!?!?  

pheonix_stalker

I am Yuu-chan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:42 pm
thats why you have to read, god is not the religion, any religion in this world is just a lot of dogmas placed after some great man started to think the best way of socialize with the other people, the concept of god does not demand for a religion, while religion does need a god to exist, looking it in that way you can say that religion takes advantage of the people beliefs  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:43 pm
pheonix_stalker
Hellraver

i have to agree fully with you.

im living and thats all i care about.

what i dont get is the fact that the bible and all those other bible thingys of different religion say things like "dont kill" or something similar to that and yet there were the crusades, muslims with human bombs.

WTF!?!?!?!?!?!?

That's what I mean, the Bible, Koran and Thora are claimed by their followers to be "god's word", but the fact that the bible needed nearly 700 years to become what it is now, makes me think about it. Anyways, every line in the holy writings gets negated at another point. For example: All three (Christianity, Jewism and Islam) religions pretend not to be murderous, but also command their members to spread their belief by the sword.  

Verderbnis

esima sama

Questionable Informer

9,250 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hunter 50
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:27 pm
i'd have to dissagree with you there. the dogma of all three of those religions are open to interpretation. there are some really open minded muslims in this country who want peace, at the same time there are extreemest who want to convert by conquest. it's down to how an individual chooses to follow their own belifes.

personaly i consider myself a diest, one who belives in an impersonal god. the universe is to perfectly shaped and crafted for me to think that we are all just a random accident, from the molecular sturcture of the moleculs to the perfect chemisty that allows our bodys to function. however there is to much wrong with this world to belive in the traditional 'god'. that he is:
1.all caring/loving
2.all knowing
3.all powerfull
becuse there is evil in th world, one of those must be wrong.
1.he doesn't care that there is evil
2.he doesn't know about it
3.he is not powereful enough to counter it
i personaly belive that he doesnt care. he made a perfectly functioning world, then left it to it's own devices.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:29 am
My personal view on this might seem a bit strange but bear with me for a moment...

1. Since the human mind cant really comprehend the concept of eternal we resorted to believing in a creator.
2. Since eternity is, well, eternal there is nothing that wouldnt happen at some point in time at some place in the universe, or other universes for that matter ( the monkey with a typewriter is a great example to explain this, look it up if you dont already know about it and care enough to find out )
3. since everything is possible to some degree using this hypothesis, the possibility that a godlike being exists is definately there.

using these three guidelines my conclusion is that there is and isnt a god, evolution happened by coincidence but the fact that we are part of a thinking race allows us to wonder about our own purpose, facing the fact that we dont have a purpose we create various "cruthces" to make existance more convenient, and less pointless.
personally i dont believe that there is a "creature/being" dictating fate, faith and reality, but this only applies to me, if you read this as a christian or any other "believer", there most certainly exists a god in your world, just as nature is the ruler of all to a pagan, and satan the ultimate being to "angry christians" as i like to call em ^^
Allah is just as real as jehova, president lincoln and britney spears, they are a product of what your mind perceives as reality, thou i might see them too to me they are vastly different than the idea you might have of them.

in short i am my own god since i dictate what i wish to let into my head and spin around for a bit, just as you are the god of your own world since you can choose to ignore things you dont believe.

this might not make alot of sense to some of you but im sure there are a few of you that could get my drift...

ps: abit off topic but if humans do have a purpose i would say it to understand their universe, jsut as monkeys developed brains to understand their surroundings the universe developed humans to understand itself...  

Hikky-kun

Anonymous...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:03 pm
I'm not sure what god you are referring to; I'm going to tackle this as though you're referring to the Christian God.
The Bible stresses that Christianity is a matter of faith. Therefore if it was proven that God exists, it would completely mess everything up.
Based on this 'faith' logic, another interesting question is raised; If someone proved that the Christian God existed, would he then disappear? And, assuming this proof wasn't publicized, if the Christian God did disappear, would it actually make any difference to the lives of Christians?

In addition, I think that religion is generally a good thing, as long as people take it very much from a moral perspective, and not a literal one.
I hate it when people use religion as an excuse or a 'reason' to be nasty.

"PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff