Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
So you're in a Helicopter... Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Well?
  Why Not?
View Results

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:08 pm
So you and George W. Bush are in a Helicopter. It's gonna crash and there's only one parachute. Do you give the parachute to him or take it for yourself?

So you and your mom are in a Helicopter. It's gonna crash and there's only one parachute. Do you give the parachute to her or take it for yourself?

So you and this hippie are in a Helicopter. It's gonna crash and there's only one parachute. Do you give the parachute to him or take it for yourself?

So you and successful businessman are in a Helicopter. It's gonna crash and there's only one parachute. Do you give the parachute to him or take it for yourself?

So you and a group of tourists are in a Helicopter. It's gonna crash and there's only one parachute. Do you give the parachute to one of them or take it for yourself?

Why?  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:31 pm
in each and every case id take the chute for myself.. in the first case id slap him around and possibly try to kill him to make sure he didnt survive the crash ( explosions gonna wipe the evidence anyway )

well basically i might not even try and jump out at all.. the blades of such a chopper is a nasty thing...

one thing for sure thou.. with the hippie id rob him of his pot before doing anything else ^^  

Hikky-kun

Kamira Erythren

Devoted Defender

11,000 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Survivor 150
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:40 pm
If everyone cared and nobody cried
If everyone loved and nobody lied...

George Bush and the hippie situations, the parachute'd be mine. Politics and addicts aren't the kind of people we really truely need in this world, it wouldn't be a big loss.
As for the buisness man and the mother situations, they'd get the parachute. Successful people have responcibilities that need to be taken care of, and parents come before personal stuffs.
As for the tourists, it would be a fight to see who gets it and in the kurfuffle, the pilot would probably steal the 'chute, or the survivor of the fight'd get it and get out.
And because it's a helicopter, one would have to be really reckless to try to get out alive, the rotorblades would catch the 'chute unless you managed to leap out and fall away from 'em.
Plus there's the small chance that the helicopter doesn't get completely obliverated and one manages to crawl away before fire breaks out...

If everyone shared and swallowed their pride,
We'd see the day where nobody died...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:50 am
for the bush thing id take the shuit and offer him saying that ill hold him the way down and release him
mom id giver her the shuit
buisness man id do the same for bush but not release him
tourists id offer them the shuit and steal it in the commosion
i value my life is why  

idiotic randomness

Calypsophia

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 7:13 am
I've read the initial post.. and thought a great deal about it. at first my initial reaction to the question was bush would die, and the business man who lives only for money and material gain should die. but that is my selfish ego speaking, and in reality these thoughts dont make me any better a person than either of them are.. so I thought about it some more and I honestly think I would give the parachute to the other person regardless who they are.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 5:55 pm
I really can't say what I would do in any of the situations other than the first. I don't know if I'd really want to save the life of the president. XD That would weigh heavily on my mind.  

Infectious Bowel

Calypsophia

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 6:22 am
Infectious Bowel
I really can't say what I would do in any of the situations other than the first. I don't know if I'd really want to save the life of the president. XD That would weigh heavily on my mind.

yeah, I know what you mean.. but then again, having had to make such a decision (no matter who the other person was) and then be the one standing there in the end still breathing would also make me feel terrible.. that the price for my life was that of anothers.. just in general. the only way I could see me being able to live with myself afterwards would be if the other person was a child molester, serial killer/rapist, or someone who was looking to harm me or my loved ones in the first place.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:44 am
i know i have a rotten morale, but first things first and you cant appreciate doing a good deed if your dead.. save yourself and become a 3rd world country help worker then ^^  

Hikky-kun

Calypsophia

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:21 pm
Hikky-kun
i know i have a rotten morale, but first things first and you cant appreciate doing a good deed if your dead.. save yourself and become a 3rd world country help worker then ^^

in the buddhist way of thinking (I'm not buddhist yet, but I'm learning and it greatly appeals to me) helping another is the same as helping yourself. even now anything good I do for someone else I dont do it for brownie points or to make myself feel good. I'm not completely selfless at this point (and maybe I never will be) but I do know that even if I saved myself and went on to become as benevolent as mother theresa was, the guilt would be more than I'd want to have to live with.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:25 am
Calypsophia
Hikky-kun

in the buddhist way of thinking (I'm not buddhist yet, but I'm learning and it greatly appeals to me) helping another is the same as helping yourself. even now anything good I do for someone else I dont do it for brownie points or to make myself feel good. I'm not completely selfless at this point (and maybe I never will be) but I do know that even if I saved myself and went on to become as benevolent as mother theresa was, the guilt would be more than I'd want to have to live with.

well with a risk of moving a bit off topic here id just like to state that im a narcisist... hey at least i can admit im not a good person... ^^  

Hikky-kun

Mickey Irish

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:32 am
So you and George W. Bush are in a Helicopter. It's gonna crash and there's only one parachute. Do you give the parachute to him or take it for yourself? Me, i could probably do better things with my life...oops

So you and your mom are in a Helicopter. It's gonna crash and there's only one parachute. Do you give the parachute to her or take it for yourself? My mother because she deserves it more than me, and she could always have another baby that wont mess his life up as much as me, and do her proud

So you and this hippie are in a Helicopter. It's gonna crash and there's only one parachute. Do you give the parachute to him or take it for yourself?
the hippie is probably stoned and wont know whats going on anyways....or i would fight him for it. ya

So you and successful businessman are in a Helicopter. It's gonna crash and there's only one parachute. Do you give the parachute to him or take it for yourself?
I would wonder what im doing in a helicopter with him in the first place, and in the end i would save my self since most buisness people are asses. plus para chutes on helicopters is a bad idea lets look at physics here...

So you and a group of tourists are in a Helicopter. It's gonna crash and there's only one parachute. Do you give the parachute to one of them or take it for yourself? woman and children first yo...

Why? Why not.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:54 pm
So you and George W. Bush are in a Helicopter. It's gonna crash and there's only one parachute. Do you give the parachute to him or take it for yourself?
I'd take it, but since he is the president, even if it's not for much longer, I'd probably get arrested for killing the president... or something like that.

So you and your mom are in a Helicopter. It's gonna crash and there's only one parachute. Do you give the parachute to her or take it for yourself?
We'd both die in the end, because I'd keep telling her to take it, but she'd keep telling me I should take it.

I'd take it. Like lionydas said, he'd probably be to stoned to realize that one of us was definately going to die.

I don't know. I suppose I'd let him take it.

So you and a group of tourists are in a Helicopter. It's gonna crash and there's only one parachute. Do you give the parachute to one of them or take it for yourself?
I'd give it to one of the tourists.  

Jaykay Jellybean

MiStiEM00K

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:52 pm
I;d give it to him. He seriously needs to clean up the mess he made in Iraq, and it;s not right for me to be selfish and take it for myself just because I believe he;s made some bad choices. Nobody is perfect, and we all make mistakes, but it takes a TRULY good person to overlook someone;s mistakes and still appreciate them for who they are.

I;d definitely give it to my mom. What kind of person would I be to take it for myself?! She;s given me everything, she gave me life ... I owe her that much.

This is a toughie. I think I;d take the parachute for myself, but definitely feel guilty for taking the parachute.

I;d most definitely give it to him. He;s successful in life, probably has a wife and kids. Why would I take all that away from him and leave the world with an empty hole where he used to be?!

I;d take the parachute for myself because there;s alot of tourists, and it wouldn;t be right for me to save only one of them. It;s either all or none.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:19 pm
So you and George W. Bush are in a Helicopter. It's gonna crash and there's only one parachute. Do you give the parachute to him or take it for yourself? I'd keep it. No offense Mr. President, but I like my life more then yours.

So you and your mom are in a Helicopter. It's gonna crash and there's only one parachute. Do you give the parachute to her or take it for yourself? I'm not sure actually. If she was nice that day, maybe.

So you and this hippie are in a Helicopter. It's gonna crash and there's only one parachute. Do you give the parachute to him or take it for yourself? No, besides, since they believe in peace and everything, s/he would probably keep telling me to take it if I gave it to him.

So you and successful businessman are in a Helicopter. It's gonna crash and there's only one parachute. Do you give the parachute to him or take it for yourself? No, because he makes more money then I will probably.

So you and a group of tourists are in a Helicopter. It's gonna crash and there's only one parachute. Do you give the parachute to one of them or take it for yourself? I'd for sure share it with as many little kids and babies as possible. The rest can die.  

Twilight-Vampire_Sky

Carlos_cano

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:45 pm
well...
first i dont think i´d think in that kind of situation sweatdrop
but i think, excepting bush, i´d try to give the parachute to someone else but i hang from them so we can fall together xd
and about the tourists, i think i´d have to give it away..

"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff