Reply "PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §
existence of MAN, not god Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Intelife

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:08 am
why do we exist? not what is the meaning of life, but why do humans live on this world, in this time? why not twenty, thirty, fifty, or even a hundred years form now? why now? what is the reason for why we exist.
i'll not launch a meaningless idea at you that will drive you away, but simply invite you to think of something yourself.

if anyone thinks to say 'to live life to it's fullest potential', or anything along those lines, please don't. this is not the meaning of life, but the reason life is there to have a reason. think about it long and hard before you post.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:54 am
ok, here is what I believe.

I believe the entire sum total of the universe is god. and I believe that all life (humans, plants, animals, fish, insects, bacteria) is how the universe experiences itself. if 'god' (the universe) is conscious, then we are it's varying perspectives of that consciousness. and that, I believe, is why we are here.

it is also my opinion that this planet is living. what is life really? life is the process of beginning (birth), growth, and ending (death) which instigates transmutation into something else. when we die, our physical body goes back to the earth and fertilizes it. in these terms, even rocks are born and die (tho their life span is considerably longer). a rock is born when it becomes separated from the earth, eventually (many thousands of years) it will be changed and reduced by wind or water until it is no longer a rock, but sand.. thus the death of the rock and birth of sand. so if the universe what's to experience itself as a rock, or a crystal, or anything that exists, the potential for such a thing to appear will exist. not that the universe itself has it's own consciousness as to say "I want to know what life as a rock feels like", it's just the only way human language as I know it can convey such a concept as to be understood.  

Calypsophia

Intelife

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:30 am
Calypsophia

I believe the entire sum total of the universe is god. and I believe that all life (humans, plants, animals, fish, insects, bacteria) is how the universe experiences itself. if 'god' (the universe) is conscious, then we are it's varying perspectives of that consciousness. and that, I believe, is why we are here.

it is also my opinion that this planet is living. what is life really? life is the process of beginning (birth), growth, and ending (death) which instigates transmutation into something else. when we die, our physical body goes back to the earth and fertilizes it. in these terms, even rocks are born and die (tho their life span is considerably longer). a rock is born when it becomes separated from the earth, eventually (many thousands of years) it will be changed and reduced by wind or water until it is no longer a rock, but sand.. thus the death of the rock and birth of sand. so if the universe what's to experience itself as a rock, or a crystal, or anything that exists, the potential for such a thing to appear will exist. not that the universe itself has it's own consciousness as to say "I want to know what life as a rock feels like", it's just the only way human language as I know it can convey such a concept as to be understood.

i don't think you understood what i asked. this is not about god, this is about why we exist, not what god is or does. this is not about human nature, either. this thread is for discussing the reason of our existence as humans. i did say to think about it first.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:48 pm
h1dd3nph34r
Calypsophia

i don't think you understood what i asked. this is not about god, this is about why we exist, not what god is or does. this is not about human nature, either. this thread is for discussing the reason of our existence as humans. i did say to think about it first.

I dont think you understood my response. not only did I answer why I think we exist, but I answered why I think *everything* exists. sorry, it was a very deep answer. but then, I can be a very deep person.  

Calypsophia

xXLuckeXx

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:04 pm
h1dd3nph34r
why do we exist?

To pass on our genes and/or to be remembered. There is no meaning of life, life is what we make of it.

h1dd3nph34r
why do humans live on this world, in this time? why not twenty, thirty, fifty, or even a hundred years form now? why now?

Who said that humans will not live twenty, thirty, fifty or hundreds of years from now? I do not know about you, but there will be lots of other people alive.
Also, the world in which we live does not make a difference. Even if we would be living in another world you would have still asked that same question.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:34 am
xXLuckeXx

Who said that humans will not live twenty, thirty, fifty or hundreds of years from now? I do not know about you, but there will be lots of other people alive.
Also, the world in which we live does not make a difference. Even if we would be living in another world you would have still asked that same question.

i meant as indidviduals. why do we as individuals exist now?  

Intelife

Yakutsa

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:31 pm
Ok quite akward question biggrin but anyways, its just..well i tink in my athesit way of thinking, its just coincidense, the space has exploded so many times in so many places restarting over time.... so its just our good luck i think, we can be in a distance from the sun when we can have life, that evolution has created our mutated big brains... i think thats what think might be an awnser for you my friend.. and in the most ironic way, we have out brains to know how our brains got themselfs, and paradox is in the air my good friend biggrin and why indicidual exist now? well we can call it evolution...time.... expectative... Natural Selection... has lots of name... but i dont think its the matter of your question i think..  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:05 am
h1dd3nph34r
xXLuckeXx

i meant as indidviduals. why do we as individuals exist now?

because we just happened to be born now (in this day and age)? why does there have to be a reason? if you believe in reincarnation then maybe we did choose to be here. maybe there was no choice. maybe we're here now simply because it was possible. personally, I dont think it matters either way. what matters is I am here.  

Calypsophia

kyoshiro2

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:04 pm
There is no specific reason we are alive... We make are own reason....
Short and straight to the piont I think it make sense...  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:55 am
Yakutsa
Ok quite akward question biggrin but anyways, its just..well i tink in my athesit way of thinking, its just coincidense, the space has exploded so many times in so many places restarting over time.... so its just our good luck i think, we can be in a distance from the sun when we can have life, that evolution has created our mutated big brains... i think thats what think might be an awnser for you my friend.. and in the most ironic way, we have out brains to know how our brains got themselfs, and paradox is in the air my good friend biggrin and why indicidual exist now? well we can call it evolution...time.... expectative... Natural Selection... has lots of name... but i dont think its the matter of your question i think..

I agree with Yakutsa. We just evolved this way. Honestly, I sometimes think we were an evolutionary mistake because we have these giant brains and we barely know what to do with them.

As for individuals, our place in the universe is so insignificant that it wouldn't make much difference when or where we each existed. Think of individual ants; if you've seen one, you've seem them all, and it doesn't matter if one particular ant was born today or last week. That's pretty much how humans appear compared to the entire universe.  

Kachan36

Kachan36

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:05 am
Calypsophia

I don't mean to criticize; you are entitled to your own opinion. I just want to point out, for purposes of discussion, that if God were the universe, and this little planet were part of the universe's experience, humans would be approximately equivalent to God's consciousness of the specks of dirt under his fingernails.

I'm not saying that we are actually any more important than that; I just don't think we are as important as you suggest.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:20 pm
Kachan36
Calypsophia

I don't mean to criticize; you are entitled to your own opinion. I just want to point out, for purposes of discussion, that if God were the universe, and this little planet were part of the universe's experience, humans would be approximately equivalent to God's consciousness of the specks of dirt under his fingernails.

I'm not saying that we are actually any more important than that; I just don't think we are as important as you suggest.

that's my point, we are NO more important than anything else here. I dont see us as exhaulted beings with any higher a purpose than anything else.  

Calypsophia

azrael the reaper_95210

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:39 pm
Calypsophia
Kachan36
Calypsophia

that's my point, we are NO more important than anything else here. I dont see us as exhaulted beings with any higher a purpose than anything else.

Nope, we arn't.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:44 pm
h1dd3nph34r
why do we exist? not what is the meaning of life, but why do humans live on this world, in this time? why not twenty, thirty, fifty, or even a hundred years form now? why now? what is the reason for why we exist.
i'll not launch a meaningless idea at you that will drive you away, but simply invite you to think of something yourself.

if anyone thinks to say 'to live life to it's fullest potential', or anything along those lines, please don't. this is not the meaning of life, but the reason life is there to have a reason. think about it long and hard before you post.

You know its funny how we ponder this in our existences yet our answers don't bring about the reasoning to that question. I wonder the same thing, but in my opinion our existences seem to relate to that question. We search for the answers to those questions, but end up coming empty handed or seem to put that our reasoning of existence is due to what we were made to do in our own minds. We were born for a reason. Not to only carry on our families name, but somehow we are given something that some people may not have at all. In my overall general opinion to simply put i think we exist to carry out what has been generated in our genetic codes to do that have been passed down from our generations, but in a sense bring about our own type of world and/or universe to live in in which we make ourselves. No matter what though the question of our existence will be the forever adventure.  

FF Turk_Panto

Calypsophia

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:07 pm
Pantomime13
h1dd3nph34r

You know its funny how we ponder this in our existences yet our answers don't bring about the reasoning to that question. I wonder the same thing, but in my opinion our existences seem to relate to that question. We search for the answers to those questions, but end up coming empty handed or seem to put that our reasoning of existence is due to what we were made to do in our own minds. We were born for a reason. Not to only carry on our families name, but somehow we are given something that some people may not have at all. In my overall general opinion to simply put i think we exist to carry out what has been generated in our genetic codes to do that have been passed down from our generations, but in a sense bring about our own type of world and/or universe to live in in which we make ourselves. No matter what though the question of our existence will be the forever adventure.

I can dig it, well said smile  
"PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces