Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
Vampires. Do you believe in the beings of night? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Abrien Sliver

Generous Capitalist

7,850 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:02 pm
Vampires have always been a bit of an interesting topic so I want to see if people in 'Why not?' believe in them. So do you? and if so what kind? the classic one? the new hollywood breed or the one I personally believe in the 'unique' human who has a dependancy on blood and is sensitve but not mortally wounded by intense light. Holy objects do nothing and they are reflective. while typically pale they do not have to be, and they most likely will have no sort of fangs.
Also there is the Psychic Vampire who feeds on emotional energy or aura. I tend to strongly believe in those...  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:08 pm
i beleave in the kind as you  

zxcdffg

Abrien Sliver

Generous Capitalist

7,850 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:24 pm
zxcdffg
i beleave in the kind as you
Psychic or Sanguarian? Or possibly both.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:47 pm
I don't believe in vampires per se but there is a disease very similar to vamprism known as poryphic hemophilia which causes a need for nutrients provided by the consumption of blood and they tend to be on the healthy side with constantly deteriorating well being without a decent supply of nutrients found in blood(Iron and such) so vampires not so much people afflicted with a disease making them similar to vampires yes.  

Nerevar Fatehand

Abrien Sliver

Generous Capitalist

7,850 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:04 pm
Nerevar Fatehand
I don't believe in vampires per se but there is a disease very similar to vamprism known as poryphic hemophilia which causes a need for nutrients provided by the consumption of blood and they tend to be on the healthy side with constantly deteriorating well being without a decent supply of nutrients found in blood(Iron and such) so vampires not so much people afflicted with a disease making them similar to vampires yes.
Ah but even to a doctor that disease is often called the 'vampire disease' so in a technical sense those people are vampires.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:08 pm
I suppose that is correct guess I'm still thinking of vampires in the movie and book sense as fangs and all. I suppose vampires do exist in a sense then yeah.

As for the energy/emotional vampires I've heard of them especially from my very spiritual 'brother'* a few times

*Not real brothers  

Nerevar Fatehand

Abrien Sliver

Generous Capitalist

7,850 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:22 pm
Psychic Vampires are a very plausible thing, all living things exudes an aura and emotions can be 'felt' in a psychological sense. When people are around a person who is depressed they usually become a little depressed. So in a sense there can be people who have te ability to feed off the emotions people tend to exude or even feed off this magnoelectric field our bodies give off.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:54 pm
I don't beleive in them but I sometimes hope they exist as they're described by Anne Rice. I fear death and wouldlove eternal life.  

The_Green_Bard

ghoulbot

Dead Glitch

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:18 pm
I do not believe in vampires.
(But sociopath cannibals? Shor'.)

I could go into a discussion about this, and maybe believe in something. After all, we don't really know. There isn't exactly proof about much.
But I can agree about possible feeding on emotions, or another human being. As disturbing as that is.

I would rather vampires not exist- but then again, there are a whole lot of real baddies I'd rather not exist, too.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:29 am
I believe in the vampires you described that are what I would call 'half-vampire' (not mortally wounded by light, not affected by holy objects, not pale, no big fangs). The Stereotyped vampires (that are wounded by sunlight and have fangs and such) are what I would call 'full-vampires'.
I also believe in the Psy-Vampires. I think that the way they feed so uninvasively is cool.  

Kamira Erythren

Devoted Defender

11,000 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Survivor 150
  • Brandisher 100

Abrien Sliver

Generous Capitalist

7,850 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:02 am
~Kamironin-Kaldazar~
I believe in the vampires you described that are what I would call 'half-vampire' (not mortally wounded by light, not affected by holy objects, not pale, no big fangs). The Stereotyped vampires (that are wounded by sunlight and have fangs and such) are what I would call 'full-vampires'.
I also believe in the Psy-Vampires. I think that the way they feed so uninvasively is cool.
Ah so you believe Vampires are as they are in Bram Stoker's Dracula?
And yes All a Psychic Vampire needs to do is make physical contact such as a hand on a shoulder or a hug, also a psychic Vampire if he keeps returning to a singular victem after awhile he could feed on that person from across a room by using an Astral Tendril.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:35 pm
Abrien Sliver
~Kamironin-Kaldazar~
And yes All a Psychic Vampire needs to do is make physical contact such as a hand on a shoulder or a hug, also a psychic Vampire if he keeps returning to a singular victem after awhile he could feed on that person from across a room by using an Astral Tendril.

Yes, yes. That'd be about right for a full-vampire example. The half-vampire example I would pick would be Jericho Cross from the PS2 videogame Darkwatch (even though he's a little more than half-vampire; he had fangs but wasn't pale and wasn't severely affected by holy objects/intense light).
Haha. Cool, that's neat how it takes so little for a Psy-vampire to feed... ninja It's just cool.  

Kamira Erythren

Devoted Defender

11,000 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Survivor 150
  • Brandisher 100

Abrien Sliver

Generous Capitalist

7,850 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:12 am
~Kamironin-Kaldazar~
Abrien Sliver
~Kamironin-Kaldazar~

Yes, yes. That'd be about right for a full-vampire example. The half-vampire example I would pick would be Jericho Cross from the PS2 videogame Darkwatch (even though he's a little more than half-vampire; he had fangs but wasn't pale and wasn't severely affected by holy objects/intense light).
Haha. Cool, that's neat how it takes so little for a Psy-vampire to feed... ninja It's just cool.
So, do you think you've ever met a vampire? half breed or otherwise?
Psychic Vampires aren't all that interesting and I know a great deal about them so if you have any sort of question feel free to ask.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:53 pm
Abrien Sliver
~Kamironin-Kaldazar~
Abrien Sliver
~Kamironin-Kaldazar~

Psychic Vampires aren't all that interesting and I know a great deal about them so if you have any sort of question feel free to ask.

Not one-hundred percent sure, but I think I may have met a half-vampire before... But it was a while ago so I don't know for sure.
Nah, no real questions for ya, I just think the concept is neat.  

Kamira Erythren

Devoted Defender

11,000 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Survivor 150
  • Brandisher 100

Abrien Sliver

Generous Capitalist

7,850 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:34 pm
~Kamironin-Kaldazar~
Abrien Sliver
~Kamironin-Kaldazar~
Abrien Sliver
~Kamironin-Kaldazar~

Not one-hundred percent sure, but I think I may have met a half-vampire before... But it was a while ago so I don't know for sure.
Nah, no real questions for ya, I just think the concept is neat.
Ah, If you count talking online as meeting then you've just met a psychic Vampire...I still don't see the intrest in Psychic vampires but since we are in a technical aspect vampire for feeding off an energy source as the sanguarian vampires do...Personally I just think Pyschic vampires are just slightly unique humans.  
"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff