Why Not Pokemon League Discussion Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nadian
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:18 pm
Still need thoughts on the brain dumped material in the sticky I made.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:46 pm
My parents call it "core dumping". *Giggle* whee

You've made quite a lot of progress. 3nodding  

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100

Nadian
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:56 pm
I'm especially concerned about whether or not legendaries should be allowed at all. We know that ubers won't be, but should legendary pokemon that aren't Uber be allowed?

Unfortunately, since any challenger could become the new Champion, people participating in this Pokemon League also have to have the same limitations as the Champion otherwise the battles will remain pointless.

The following pokemon would be allowed:

/Users/ekraft/pokemon > pokesearch legendary tier!=uber -d base,tier,ability,type
id | name | hp | atk | def | sak | sdf | spd | tier | ability | type
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
144 | Articuno | 90 | 85 | 100 | 95 | 125 | 85 | bl | pressure | ice+flying
145 | Zapdos | 90 | 90 | 85 | 125 | 90 | 100 | ou | pressure | electr+flying
146 | Moltres | 90 | 100 | 90 | 125 | 85 | 90 | bl | pressure | fire+flying
243 | Raikou | 90 | 85 | 75 | 115 | 100 | 115 | bl | pressure | electr
244 | Entei | 115 | 115 | 85 | 90 | 75 | 100 | bl | pressure | fire
245 | Suicune | 100 | 75 | 115 | 90 | 115 | 85 | ou | pressure | water
250 | Ho-Oh | 106 | 130 | 90 | 110 | 154 | 90 | x | pressure | fire+flying
251 | Celebi | 100 | 100 | 100 | 100 | 100 | 100 | ou | natural cure | psychic+grass
377 | Regirock | 80 | 100 | 200 | 50 | 100 | 50 | bl | clear body | rock
378 | Regice | 80 | 50 | 100 | 100 | 200 | 50 | bl | clear body | ice
379 | Registeel | 80 | 75 | 150 | 75 | 150 | 50 | bl | clear body | steel
385 | Jirachi | 100 | 100 | 100 | 100 | 100 | 100 | ou | serene grace | steel+psychic
480 | Uxie | 75 | 75 | 130 | 75 | 130 | 95 | bl | levitate | psychic
481 | Mesprit | 80 | 105 | 105 | 105 | 105 | 80 | bl | levitate | psychic
482 | Azelf | 75 | 125 | 70 | 125 | 70 | 115 | ou | levitate | psychic
485 | Heatran | 91 | 90 | 106 | 130 | 106 | 77 | ou | flash fire | fire+steel
486 | Regigigas | 110 | 160 | 110 | 80 | 110 | 100 | bl | slow start | normal
488 | Cresselia | 120 | 70 | 120 | 75 | 130 | 85 | ou | levitate | psychic
489 | Phione | 80 | 80 | 80 | 80 | 80 | 80 | x | hydration | water
492 | Shaymin | 100 | 100 | 100 | 100 | 100 | 100 | bl | natural cure | grass

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:11 am
The idea of having a gym of each type, four of which would be the Elite Four, requires a method to select the top four gyms.

The idea of a tournament between gyms has been avoided, most likely because specific gym-battles would be incredibly one-sided. (E.G. water vs fire gyms.) Instead, the leaning has been to identify the scariest types and automatically classify them as Elite.

Dragon is a class that is obvious Elite Four material, especially since dragon~esque pokemon will be welcomed. (E.G. Tyranitar, Gyarados, Milotic, Charizard, etc.) More worrisome is that the dragons, themselves, tend to be some of the single, most powerful pokemon that would be allowed. (Garchomp is even considered by some to be uncounterable.)

Water is another class. Simply put, there are such a wide variety of water-types that you can design an incredibly well made team. Your choices of secondary types includes Ground, Normal, Steel, Rock, Ice, Dark, Flying, Grass, Poison, Psychic, Electric, and Fighting. (Bug is included if you really want to use Surskit). In addition, many of these pokemon are already commonly used pokemon.

Steel has been suggested. Especially if Heatran is allowed, it can be incredibly hard to hit Steel. Some posters on Smogon suggest that you can exploit its weaknesses despite the pokemon that are immune to some of its weaknesses.

I hear that Grass has excellent options, from what I've heard.

Fighting sounds nightmarish.

Ice has some scary pokemon it can throw at you (and it is easy to make a viable hail team.)

Sounds like Poison does a good job of breaking standard type-covering (Levitating poison types, Drapion is immune to psychic, etc.)

Fire sounds limited.

Dark has interesting options.

Electric... well, this one is hard to think about, to say the least. It has interesting options and might actually be difficult to deal with.

Ghost... has some variety it can offer. Hard to say, though.

Bug has some variety as well.

Ground... could make a good sandstorm team.

Normal doesn't have a lot of variety in its typing. Maybe something interesting could come out of that but...

Flying has access to some surprising options.

Okay, saying all that, I'm not entirely sure who the Elite Four should be. Perhaps we should have a grace period when we start ; begin with 17 gyms and then later choose the toughest 4 to become the Elite Four?  

Nadian
Crew

Bagel Tornado

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:02 pm
I wanna be a Water gym leader.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:14 pm
Is Lugia a Legendary or Uber since i don't see it on the list, just want to know. since i classify all legendaries as ubers  

Goddess Lia

Nadian
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:42 pm
Goddess Lia
Is Lugia a Legendary or Uber since i don't see it on the list, just want to know. since i classify all legendaries as ubers

Lugia is in the Uber tier. You may classify all legendaries as uber but that doesn't mean they're part of the Uber tier.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:39 pm
I have the Pokemon Diamond game!
I beat bage 7 but I can't figure out how to get to the 8th bage!

Nadian I am gonna add you to my friendlist because you have a kool avi and you are in my Guild!  

princess_ islek1

Nadian
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:48 pm
princess_ islek1
I have the Pokemon Diamond game!
I beat bage 7 but I can't figure out how to get to the 8th bage!

Nadian I am gonna add you to my friendlist because you have a kool avi and you are in my Guild!

Once you have the seventh badge, you need to defeat Team Galactic (IE, break into their HQ, and after taking care of that going to the top of Mount Coronet.) Then you can head to the town with the eighth badge. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:21 pm
Where is the Team Galactic?!  

princess_ islek1

Nadian
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:27 pm
princess_ islek1
Where is the Team Galactic?!

Well, if you *just* got the 7th badge, then you first need to go to the icy lake.

After that, you can go to Veilstone City. One of the Galactic Grunts has a key which will allow you to get into the Galactic HQ in that same town... although only from the bottom entrance.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:42 pm
Nadian
Goddess Lia

Lugia is in the Uber tier. You may classify all legendaries as uber but that doesn't mean they're part of the Uber tier.

I know there is Ubers and Legendaries, just didn't know which fell into which so I put it in my book as Ubers and not use for fights through Wi-fi, only in-game fights hehe.

Tomorrow i get Wi-Fi finally after two phone calls to the company and one call that the company hung up on me. They will install tomorrow hopefully around 1-5pm est.
*does happy dance*yeay  

Goddess Lia

Nadian
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:44 pm
Goddess Lia
Nadian
Goddess Lia

I know there is Ubers and Legendaries, just didn't know which fell into which so I put it in my book as Ubers and not use for fights through Wi-fi, only in-game fights hehe.

Tomorrow i get Wi-Fi finally after two phone calls to the company and one call that the company hung up on me. They will install tomorrow hopefully around 1-5pm est.
*does happy dance*yeay

Hurray for wifi installs! blaugh  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:03 pm
Nadian
Goddess Lia
Nadian
Goddess Lia

*does happy dance*yeay

Hurray for wifi installs! blaugh

whee whee I can't wait, Now when i turn on i can instantly log in gaia and read fanfics and use the DS mostly with no one to tell me they need the phone.  

Goddess Lia

`Trace

Newbie Noob

6,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:18 pm
My WiFi acts weird for me at times...but I think I can get it to work on my DS now. 3nodding  
"PPP" Peoples' Pokemon Place

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff