Official Upcoming Nintendo Events Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nadian
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:40 pm
I shall attempt to keep track of Pokemon Events as they arise in this post. Check back for your own curiosity ; I will attempt to post in the main forums whenever a confirmed event date comes up. 3nodding

Regigigas Event
Starting today and for the next two weeks (last day March 21st,) participating Toys R Us stores will be giving away Regigigas.

-Comes with a Custap Berry, one of the four event-only berries (Shaymin was holding another one)

-Unlocks Regirock, Regice, and Registeel in Pokemon Platinum (a normal Regigigas caught in-game will not work)

-Has moves Regigigas couldn't normally obtain (Icy Wind and Iron Head)

-Level 100 (which means you cannot train it)

Shaymin Event

Dragonite Event

Gamestop Deoxys Event
http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/pokedeox/default.aspx
During the weekends of June 20th through 22nd and June 27th through 29th, go to your local Gamestop and obtain Deoxys!

Japanese Shaymin Event
This info is kind of old, but it's coming up. This Japanese event will give away Shaymin as well as two of the four Event Berries.

Bulbapedia
Owners of Pokémon Diamond and Pearl Versions will be able to download Shaymin during the 11th Pokémon movie, Giratina and the Sky's Bouquet: Shaymin, when they visit Japanese theaters July 19 through Sept. 30. The legendary Pokémon will come at Lv.50 in a Cherish Ball and will be holding a Micle Berry and a Classic Ribbon. Advance ticket holders will also be able to download a Lv.100 Regigigas holding a Custap Berry. Ticket sales begin Saturday and end July 18.

Shaymin's moveset will be Aromatherapy, Seed Flare, Substitute and Energy Ball. Regigigas will know Iron Head, Icy Wind, Rock Slide and Crush Grip.

Micle and Custap berries and Cherish Balls are not found in Diamond and Pearl and can only be obtained through events such as this. Classic Ribbons prevent the holding Pokémon from being traded via the GTS. Both Pokémon will be in Cherish Balls and will hold Classic Ribbons.

Only Japanese versions of the game will be able to receive the two Pokémon. Players will need to bring their own copies of Diamond or Pearl and a Nintendo DS.
http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Shaymin_to_be_distributed_at_theaters  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:36 pm
First up is talk of a Darkrai event possibly coming to the US in April. PokeBeach.com reports:

Quote:
Saturday - February 2nd, 2008

Darkrai to be Obtainable Through Toys "R" Us - Darkrai will be obtainable through Toys "R" Us, as we were told last year after the Manaphy downloads occurred. According to PokeBeach member Jeremy, his Toys "R" Us store recently started displaying a sign with a picture of Darkrai that reads "Catch Darkrai!" April was listed on the sign as when the event would occur, and it said more details would follow soon.

Since the slogan on the sign is "Catch Darkrai" and not "Download Darkrai," Toys R Us may simply be giving out information on how to unlock the in-game event for capturing it, the method most likely being through a Mystery Gift download at the store. In this way, Darkrai will probably not be available for direct download, unlike Manaphy. The programmed event for capturing Darkrai within Diamond and Pearl occurs after you receive the "Member's Card" from the delivery man at the Mart (upon receiving the Mystery Gift). Once you have it, you can sleep at the hotel in Canalave City, where you will have a nightmare that takes you to New Moon Island. You will then have the opportunity to battle and capture Darkrai there. Again, this method of receiving Darkrai in the United States is only based on the slogan of the poster - it may be for direct download, and it may not be.

I will try to visit a Toys R Us tomorrow with my newfound appreciation for riding the bus, or call one, or ask people to check them out when they go to confirm or expand upon this information. We'll keep you updated!

I am thus far not familiar with any other confirmation that this is happening. Said wording on the poster does give hope of obtaining the Member's Card ; that might open the door to unlimited numbers of legit Darkrai.  

Nadian
Crew

Nadian
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:38 pm
The date of the Darkrai Event has finally been released on Pokemon.com!

Pokemon.com

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:16 am
Sweet! I can finaly get Darkrai!  

Famous Rapist

Goddess Lia

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:04 pm
I wonder if it will be active in PR!?...
I'll have to keep an eye on the Toy-R-Us specials to see if they will hold the event for the same time or they will only have it for one day...  
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 6:08 pm
Thanks for posting, I already missed the Manaphy event, I don't wanna miss Darkrai too!  

xCaffeinatedCupcakesx

derg0n

Dangerous Shapeshifter

5,700 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 9:42 am
hmmmm.... i already got darkrai........japan is so far ahead lol xd  
xcookezx generated a random number between 500 and 5000 ... 3372!
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 5:04 pm
cool but i dont really get wut we do on this guild some1 pm me cuz idk what we do  

xcookezx

cdslim2

2,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 4:20 pm
freak yeah im joing mwahahaha im going to mess up my friends pokes mwahahahaha maybe il clone him mmwahahahaha  
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 4:37 pm
wait... 3 more words "is it free?!"  

cdslim2

2,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Statustician 100

Nadian
Crew

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 5:40 pm
Yes, it should be free.  
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 6:24 pm
Waaaiiit.... how come nobody ever told me about a Manaphy download?
Oh, well. I'm DEFINITELY going to the Darkrai one! Or maybe I'll attempt one of those weird, cheap trades on WiFi... I'd rather not, though. stare

"Drifloon
Level: 20

Trade for: Level 100 Dialga"

A basic WiFi trade. So, yeah. I'm gonna get it myself.

habitualParadoxifier

Interesting Conventioneer

Nadian
Crew

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 8:13 pm
Lillian_the_Goddess
Waaaiiit.... how come nobody ever told me about a Manaphy download?
Oh, well. I'm DEFINITELY going to the Darkrai one! Or maybe I'll attempt one of those weird, cheap trades on WiFi... I'd rather not, though. stare

"Drifloon
Level: 20

Trade for: Level 100 Dialga"

A basic WiFi trade. So, yeah. I'm gonna get it myself.

The Manaphy Event happened last September.  
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 9:37 pm
lol, I've always missed the events...Maybe this time I won't (for once!) whee  

Illefyia

CyCottiC

Dapper Sex Symbol

7,000 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 12:23 am
JAPAN RULES!! w00t! i look weird, well anyways sb. sb=so bored w00t!
TOKYO!! heh heh  
"PPP" Peoples' Pokemon Place

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces