Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "FLDBAO" ~For the Love of Desu~ Books, Anime, and Others!
What If you Could Turn Video Games in 2 Movies Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

slp101

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:56 am
If you had the chance to turn a video game in to a live action movie & then again in to a animated movie what would your choice or choice be?

I mean you can choose one game for both option or two separate games where one is for each one.

I think I would like to see what it would be like if the PS1 video game "The Legend of Dragoon" was made in to a movie for both above options.  
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 11:45 am
Bump
Up
My
slp101

Arros_Raikou

Hilarious Gaian

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 3:10 am
Though most videogame movies aren't really that great in my opinon

Live Action: I'd pick some game from the SMT series, it'd have horror suspense occult stuff all that fun stuff yet the stories in the games aren't really that strong(in my opinion) so it'd be hard to muddle them up

Animated: As for the other one I'd say Skies of Arcadia, cause people love pirates, and honestly it's a game that needs some kind of revival

Also kudos on being a Legend of the Dragoon fan d^^  
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 9:28 pm
Arros_Raikou
Though most videogame movies aren't really that great in my opinon

Live Action: I'd pick some game from the SMT series, it'd have horror suspense occult stuff all that fun stuff yet the stories in the games aren't really that strong(in my opinion) so it'd be hard to muddle them up

Animated: As for the other one I'd say Skies of Arcadia, cause people love pirates, and honestly it's a game that needs some kind of revival

Also kudos on being a Legend of the Dragoon fan d^^
What is the "SMT series"?  

slp101

Arros_Raikou

Hilarious Gaian

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 8:13 am
Shin Megami Tensei, it's a series of occult based RPGs, they are rather popular in Japan, the only games I've played in the series are

Shin Megami Tensei 3: Nocturne, Story in a nutshell, boy goes to see teacher in hospital, some dude causes the world to end, boy swallows a demonic insect thing called a Magatama, gains demonic powers wakes up in a vortex world where demons and other mythological creatures roam, and begins searching for a way to turn the vortex into a different world or something like that, gameplay it's sorta like pokemon with mythology in that you can capture, breed and I think buy, demons to fight alongside you, the game gets brutally hard after the first few areas and elemental strengths/weaknesses play heavily on how many attacks you get in in your turn, how long the baddies get to wail on you, and if the boy dies it's game over and trust me you'll die alot especially against Thor

Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga parts 1 and 2: Story in a nutshell, in a world called the junkyard tribes battle it out for supremacy and the right to ascend to Nirvana, one tribe is the Embryon they are fighting some other tribe when a girl descends on the battlefield and they all turn into demons and begin killing and eatting each other, they go to the command temple thing and they tell them that the last remaining tribe must possess the girl in order to ascend aand thus begins the two game adventure, gameplay you can equip mantras to your characters to learn skills by eatting bad guys(not as gruesome as it sounds I promise) the game is much more easier than SMT3, you cannot recruit demons and are stuck with the same members pretty much throughout the whole game, the elemental strengths and weaknesses still work the same

Other games in the series include Persona 1, 2 and 3 Revelations: The demon slayer, Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner sadly I haven't played any of those so I can't give insight^^'' I just think due to the focus on the world ending, demons, myths, and a little horror it could make a good movie, also note the games are made by Atlus so they were very limited in print so it'll likely be hard to find a copy now days also the games are rated M  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:31 pm
Oh, ok.

Thanks  

slp101

cjnchimaera

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:11 am
First off, I'd like to say that Atlus games pretty much rule.

Now, onto video game movies. I'd like to see Luminous Arc in live-action. That was a fun game with a pretty good storyline.

And for an animated movie, I'll say The World Ends With You. I like the art style it has already; you couldn't quite get the same effect in live-action. (Well, maybe you could. But I'mma say animated anyway.)  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:25 pm
I wouldn't do it, because, contrary to what you might think, it WILL suck.
Just kidding!!!

First off, I have all of the Shin Megami Tensei games and a movie would be AWESOME, but it would HAVE to be an anime(live action would ruin ANY game based movie).Devil May Cry already has an anime, but it doesn't stick to the actuall story, so I'd make an anime that does.Either that, or wait till I get back to Japan and replace my uncle at Squaresoft.Then I'll be able to make a movie for ANY of their games!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I'd HAVE to make an anime for each and every single Castlevania that ever has, and ever will, exist!!!!!!!!!!

Konami and Square will decimate ALL!!!!!!!!!!!  

Omikami Amaterasu Jr

Poor Tenchi

Steadfast Survivor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:53 pm
I'd be curious to see if anyone could make a decent movie out of an Elder Scrolls game. It could probably work as a live-action movie if Khajiit and Argonians had that puppet-like costume thing instead of being CGI animated.

As for an animated movie, maybe Jet Set Radio Future. I just don't think it would be all that great as a live-action thing.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:16 am
No Need for Tenchi
I'd be curious to see if anyone could make a decent movie out of an Elder Scrolls game. It could probably work as a live-action movie if Khajiit and Argonians had that puppet-like costume thing instead of being CGI animated.

As for an animated movie, maybe Jet Set Radio Future. I just son't think it would be all that great as a live-action thing.
I've never heard of those two.

What are they about?  

slp101

Poor Tenchi

Steadfast Survivor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:21 pm
slp101
No Need for Tenchi

As for an animated movie, maybe Jet Set Radio Future. I just don't think it would be all that great as a live-action thing.
I've never heard of those two.

What are they about?

Elder Scrolls: Basically you go around doing just about whatever you want. There are quests, and there's usually a main quest, but they're all optional. This might help.

Jet Set Radio Future: It's pretty much about rollerskate gang wars and bringing down a corrupt mayor. All occurring in Tokyo, all in the future.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:50 pm
Personally, I'd love to see a live-action Kingdom Hearts or Final Fantasy VIII movie.
As for animated movies, a Legend of Zelda movie would definitely be in order! Perhaps Ocarina of Time? I'd love to see how badly they'd mess it up.  

Amber-Lily3050

Shenyu

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:55 pm
Quote:

I don't like live action, but even I would love to see "Lucifer's Call/Nocturne". The only problem I see are the various endings. Which one would be best for public?

Animated I would like to see Kingdom Hearts... but with their game voice actors. Riku is soooooo hot and I love is voice actor.
But I would prefer to have a Riku-Sora-Lovestory in it.^^ I mean, who cares about Kairi, huh?  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:20 pm
Amber-Lily3050
Personally, I'd love to see a live-action Kingdom Hearts or Final Fantasy VIII movie.
As for animated movies, a Legend of Zelda movie would definitely be in order! Perhaps Ocarina of Time? I'd love to see how badly they'd mess it up.

I'd love to see a Final Fantasy VIII movie too. That's one of my favorites.  

Azaveil

8,050 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250

slp101

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:10 am
Azaveil
Amber-Lily3050
I'd love to see a Final Fantasy VIII movie too. That's one of my favorites.
That sounds like a good one to make a movie.  
"FLDBAO" ~For the Love of Desu~ Books, Anime, and Others!

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games