Submit

Abrien Sliver

Generous Capitalist

7,850 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:56 pm
Is it possible to spread the virus to the rest of my team?

It's not spreading to Lucario, is that normal?  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:08 pm
Yes. Just battle with Mr. Infected in the lead, and the second place pokemon should eventually be infected (I suppose it takes about five battles on average for me.)

Note that any infected pokemon in your party at midnight (whether you're actually playing or not) will become "immune" ; they'll still get the benefits, but won't be able to infect anybody else. (You can tell when pokemon are in this state because they'll have a little smiley face instead of "PKRS")

If you wish to preserve your Pokerus for eternal usage in the future, I suggest you choose a pokemon to stay in storage forever, infect him, and keep him in storage. Pokemon in storage will not become immune to Pokerus and will be forever able to infect your pokemon.  

Nadian
Crew

Nadian
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:09 pm
It's also possible that he can infect other pokemon in your party without being in the lead, but I have not experimented with that.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:14 pm
Two of mine were infected at the same time and the two behind them have become infected so I think it's possible to spread it with out the infected one being the lead...  

Abrien Sliver

Generous Capitalist

7,850 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200

Nadian
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:18 pm
Abrien Sliver
Two of mine were infected at the same time and the two behind them have become infected so I think it's possible to spread it with out the infected one being the lead...

I admit that I think it's possible, but I have yet to try it. I've always had the one in the lead be one of the infected ones.

I'll have some more EV training to do in the near future so I'm sure I'll be able to play around with this a bit. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:36 pm
Quote:
Yes. Just battle with Mr. Infected in the lead, and the second place pokemon should eventually be infected (I suppose it takes about five battles on average for me.)

Note that any infected pokemon in your party at midnight (whether you're actually playing or not) will become "immune" ; they'll still get the benefits, but won't be able to infect anybody else. (You can tell when pokemon are in this state because they'll have a little smiley face instead of "PKRS")

If you wish to preserve your Pokerus for eternal usage in the future, I suggest you choose a pokemon to stay in storage forever, infect him, and keep him in storage. Pokemon in storage will not become immune to Pokerus and will be forever able to infect your pokemon.

actually you can still spread the virus even with the immune state. it takes a ridiculous amount of battles tho and if the pokemon has pokerus and isn't in the first slot it will still spread as long as you use the same pokemon when battleing until spread.
I have expirimented with both (the first accidentally).  

Insane King Wasabi

Invisible Lunatic

6,275 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Conversationalist 100

Goddess Lia

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:54 am
What do you mean by "can still spread the virus even with the immune state"?? I'm a bit lost there

Stupid question:::> Oh and is it possible for them to catch the virus again??  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:51 am
Goddess Lia
What do you mean by "can still spread the virus even with the immune state"?? I'm a bit lost there

Stupid question:::> Oh and is it possible for them to catch the virus again??

Not again, no. Actually, once they get it, they always have it.

Lucario not being infected just sounds like unluckiness...  

Nadian
Crew

Ragnius

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:36 am
Nadian
Abrien Sliver

I admit that I think it's possible, but I have yet to try it. I've always had the one in the lead be one of the infected ones.

I'll have some more EV training to do in the near future so I'm sure I'll be able to play around with this a bit. 3nodding

it IS possible to spread Pokerus without the host-poke being your lead, only it TAKES FORVEVER!

however, i dont raise a pokemon until i put the pokerus onto it

uwith a pokerused poke using a macho brace, EV spread form one battle is mutliplied X4

you use adamant pokerused sableye w/ macho - take down a Machamp (3 atk EVs) - 3 x2(PKRS) X2(Item) - winds out being 12 atk EVs

thats how my book explains it, only they were talking speed for another pokemon  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:00 am
Aww Heck
Nadian
Abrien Sliver

it IS possible to spread Pokerus without the host-poke being your lead, only it TAKES FORVEVER!

however, i dont raise a pokemon until i put the pokerus onto it

uwith a pokerused poke using a macho brace, EV spread form one battle is mutliplied X4

you use adamant pokerused sableye w/ macho - take down a Machamp (3 atk EVs) - 3 x2(PKRS) X2(Item) - winds out being 12 atk EVs

thats how my book explains it, only they were talking speed for another pokemon

Although I have a Macho Brace, I never use it to EV train. It's always a bit faster (and far easier) using the Power items.

For example, let's say that Sableye you just mentioned is going to have max attack, max speed, and some extra HP, and he's infected with Pokerus. Let's also say you have a constant source of pokemon which give 3 attack EVs and 3 speed EVs, to simplify further.

You give vitamins to the Sableye so that his Attack and Speed are at 100 EVs, only 152 more to go in each stat. Okay, that's fine.

Battle the attack-EV pokemon 12 times. Hmmm... okay, you're now at 244 with 8 more to go. You have to go and find one more pokemon that only gives 2 attack EVs. So, 13 battles to max out the attack EVs.

Surely, you must realize that the speed EV pokemon introduces the same, exact problem. Another 13 battles there.

Now, you hunt down a pokemon which gives you HP EVs, another 1 battle.

Total: 27 battles.

27 doesn't seem like a lot. It shouldn't. But, can you do better? Here's how I fully EV trained my Kyogre, recently (special attack instead of attack, of course):

==Choice Scarf Kyogre== (428750) (1584)
--Items
----Choice Scarf
--Ability
----Drizzle
--IVs
----13/1/21/28/29/26
--EVs
----4 HP, 252 Special Attack, 252 Speed
--Moves
----Water Spout (Level 80)
----Surf (HM 03)
----Ice Beam (TM 13)
----Thunder (TM 25)

----Training----
==Vitamins== (10 Calcium, 10 Carbos)
hp: (10 * 0) = 0
special attack: (10 * 10) = 100
speed: (10 * 10) = 100

==Gastrodon + Power Anklet== x1
hp: 0 + 2*2*1 = 4
special attack: 100 + 0*2*1 = 100
speed: 100 + 4*2*1 = 108

==Alakazam + Power Anklet== x18
hp: 4
special attack: 100 + 3*2*18 = 208
speed: 108 + 4*2*18 = 252

==Alakazam + Power Lens== x4
hp: 4
special attack: 208 + 7*2*4 = 252 (plus 12 extra)
speed: 252
----------------
Total: 23

Only 23 battles, and it has the *huge* advantage of only needing to know the location of two pokemon instead of five.  

Nadian
Crew

Ragnius

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:12 am
Okay, Sicne you know the works Nadian

two questions:

no.1
say i'm trying to train a pokemon for ATK, but the poke is just a lv1 hatchling, and the best place, as you mentioned, being lake Valor, does the EVs gained before the level up carry over when the pokemon levels up mutliple times from one KO?

and then:
no.2
as you said, Lake Valor is the ebst place you know fo for atk EVs, so usng battles of 2 EV gan for attk, how many battles would it take altogether to complete attack training?  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:09 am
Aww Heck
Okay, Sicne you know the works Nadian

two questions:

no.1
say i'm trying to train a pokemon for ATK, but the poke is just a lv1 hatchling, and the best place, as you mentioned, being lake Valor, does the EVs gained before the level up carry over when the pokemon levels up mutliple times from one KO?

They only receive the fixed amount of EV. So, if you took out a Gyarados, you might level up 5 times, but you'd only gain those two attack EVs (multiplied by Pokerus and Macho Brace to 8, of course.)

Quote:
and then:
no.2
as you said, Lake Valor is the ebst place you know fo for atk EVs, so usng battles of 2 EV gan for attk, how many battles would it take altogether to complete attack training?

Depends. Let me list all the situations.

1. You have not given the pokemon any vitamins, it's holding an EXP Share, it does not have Pokerus

It will take 252/2 = 126 battles.

2. You have not given the pokemon any vitamins, it's either holding a Macho Brace or infected with Pokerus, but not both.

It will take 252/4 = 63 battles

3. You have not given the pokemon any vitamins, it's holding a macho brace and is infected with Pokerus.

It will take 32 battles, but for the last battle you will need to remove the Macho Brace if you don't want to waste EVs.

4. You have not given the pokemon any vitamins, it's holding a Power Bracer and is infected with Pokerus.

It will take 21 battles

5. You gave the pokemon 10 Proteins before you started training, it's holding an EXP Share and does not have Pokerus.

It will take 76 battles

6. You gave the pokemon 10 Proteins before you started training, it's either holding a Macho Brace or has Pokerus, but not both.

It will take 38 battles

7. You gave the pokemon 10 Proteins before you started training, it's holding both the Macho Brace and has Pokerus.

It will take 19 battles

8. You have the pokemon 10 Proteins before you started training, it's holding a Power Bracer and has Pokerus.

It will take 13 battles, but for the last battle you will need to switch to a Macho Brace if you don't want to waste EVs.  

Nadian
Crew

Ragnius

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:56 am
Nadian
8. You have the pokemon 10 Proteins before you started training, it's holding a Power Bracer and has Pokerus.

It will take 13 battles, but for the last battle you will need to switch to a Macho Brace if you don't want to waste EVs.

thats way i always train my pokes

i give them the vitamins first, then slap on the EXP-granted EVs,

so 13? oh yeah, Blaze has had that much, no doubt, as for My Sableye, hmm...i'm gonna have to redo that little guy(ahem...train another), he's almost level 30 and he still isnt in the 80's of physical attk

sure sables have moderate atk, but i've seen an adamant sableye have 105 attk at level 30 on the dot, it was when i played sapphire, the lv 10 one i caught was soemwhat a powerhouser

thanks a bunch Nadian  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:37 am
ok, the pokemon virus spreads to everyone of ur pokemon in the party, some faster than others. and the more pokemon infected, the faster it will b for one pokemon(not infected) to become infeced.  

Nagoshi Kun

jess_squared

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:05 am
I usually stick my pokerus infected Pokemon in the lead. Once the infection has spread to the number 2 Pokemon, I switch that one out and place them in the middle. After about 5 minutes or so, everyone in my party is infected.

I keep at least one Pokemon banked at all times with Pokerus... And only bring them out to spread the virus.  
"PPP" Peoples' Pokemon Place

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff