Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "FLDBAO" ~For the Love of Desu~ Books, Anime, and Others!
Does anyone like Dragonlance, or R. A Salvotore? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AShadowsEmbrace

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:03 pm
I'm a huge fan of both of these authors. Is anyone else? Any favorite characters or favorite books? Have any other authors, or series's that are notable?  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:09 pm

I haven't really read any of them, but my friend says that R.A. Salvator's books are pretty good
I'm reading the 'War of the Spider Queen' series (My friend didn't know there was ones before it)
But its not really by him
Just based off his books

Dasherfay

Kage Kaitou

2,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:16 pm
Never heard of them...  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:09 pm
Kage Kaitou
Never heard of them...
Help to Level up my Virtual Pets

What kind of stuff do they write?

By visiting my Journal Titled "Smaller Virtual Pets."Thanks 4 Helping.  

slp101

Abidel

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 3:59 pm
I'm a big fan of R. A. Salvatore. I've read all his Drizzt books (Jarlaxle being my favorite character, I wish he had his own series) and the Cleric Quintet (Yay bouldershoulders!).

He writes High Fantasy/Sword and Sorcery, almost all of it in the Forgotten Realms D&D world.

The War of the Spider Queen series is a project he oversaw; each book was written by a different fantasy author. The story takes place in the Forgoten Realms.  
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 3:33 pm
Yes! I read the Dark Elf trilogy and loved it - can't wait to read more of Salvatore =) Maybe Dragonlance too someday. *Sigh* So many books, so little time...  

Mithrellas

Eldako

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 12:58 am
Est Sularus Oth Mithas-Honor is my life. The motto of the Solamnic Knights. I love Dragonlance books. In fact my first book I read without getting bored and skipping pages was a Dragonlance book (sad but I can not seem to remember the title crying ). Dragonlance books are what got me into reading. Since that point in time I have loved reading books. Though I am very picky about what I end up reading lol.

I have also read the Dark Elf trilogy. I enjoyed those books as well. I love fantasy novels in general. My favorite series of fantasy novels is and will always be Dragonlance though.

My two most recent trilogies I have read in the Dragonlance series are "The Rise Of Solamnia" and "Taladas Trilogy".  
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 1:05 pm
War of the Spider Queen is my poison people

"Great Goddess, Mother of the Dark, grant me the blood of my enemies for drink and their living hearts for meat. Grant me the riches of their houses for bed and the helplessness of their males for my satisfaction. By this unworthy sacrifice I honor you, Queen of Spiders and beseech from you the power to defeat my enemies."

i used to know it word-by-word, but i havent read the book itself for months. rereading series now, to get ideas for my novel.

PHARAUN WILL LIVE AGAIN (seriously, i love that guy. hes like me. and im a guy)

if ya wanna get a reading of the novel, PM me.

fav fantasy chars ever: Pharaun Mizzrym and Gromph Baenre  

Kami-no Serperoth

-Many Different Faces-

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 6:51 pm
Ah, it's been so long, but I'm glad to say I've heard of R.A. Salvatore. Sadly, in my little town, it seems like the only complete series that they ever get in is the Harry Potter series... Nnn...
The only book by him that I have ever read is The Legend of Drizzt Book Two: Exile. Other than that, I have a copy of a DragonLance book I never really did read... or had. I can't remember if it's in the pile of books to be sold.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:24 pm
I'm currently reading the Dark Elf trilogy......  

Likasahi

Beloved Prophet

15,000 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Friendly 100

Kaze no Ato

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:24 pm
Going to sound like a Drizzt fangirl and geek (not denying either)... but I've read all of the books about Drizzt, the spin-off with Jarlaxel and Artemis Entereri and the War of the Spider Queen books. I can't wait until the next book about Drizzt Do'Urden comes out next month!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:15 pm
Kaze no Ato
Going to sound like a Drizzt fangirl and geek (not denying either)... but I've read all of the books about Drizzt, the spin-off with Jarlaxel and Artemis Entereri and the War of the Spider Queen books. I can't wait until the next book about Drizzt Do'Urden comes out next month!

LOL ME TOO!!!! omg i am in love with drizzt n entreri n jarlaxle *fangirl glomp* omg i cant wait for the pirate king to come out in october!!!!!!
wait! is there another book about drizzt>>!?!?!/ coming out in july?!?!?!?!? o and i have also read some of the dragonlance series... my favorite character must be raistlin even though he is a bit creepy. o and TAS!!! ooo tas he is teh awesomenest! o and im currently read the song&swords series in forgotten realms... harper assassin xd sweet!! mrgreen heh  

Suge_da

Kaze no Ato

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:08 pm
I will also admit to reading the Spearwielder's Tale trilogy, the Chronicles of Ynis Aielle, and the DemonWars Saga (original trilogy) by R.A. Salvatore as well. I'm a huge fan of his.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:08 pm
wow thats alot 0_o  

Suge_da

bazookajake

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:29 pm
i have read the chronicles, legends, the raistlin trilogy, the second generation, dragons of summer flame, the tales2 trilogy, the doom brigade, love and war, i am working on the preludes books, and the hunters blades trilogy, my alltime fav. dragonlance character is flint fireforge.i likes to read!!!  
"FLDBAO" ~For the Love of Desu~ Books, Anime, and Others!

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games