Reply "ALI" Advice for Life Issues
Bi and going to hell Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

hazel843

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 12:22 pm
Ok i'm bi and thats were my troubles start, my dad HATES gays and says there going staight to hell, my mum wont care, my religon says that I'm going to hell and the only ppl i told r 2 of my best friends who I told 3 yrs ago and they laughed in my face, what should I do?  
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 2:23 pm
First of all you are not going to hell.
What should you do? Live your life and be happy.
If you really want to make sure god (the figure you belive in but never saw him) loves you, do good deeds.  

shani26

Van-Shun

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 8:58 pm
Christianity says that if your gay you go to hell
It also says if you"
Lie
Cheat
Steal
Swear
A whole lotta other stuff

You go to hell
But it also says if your a christian you go to heaven
So if your a christian it doesnt really matter.  
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 9:55 pm
Ok, a lot of people confuse this. Yes, Christians are supposed to be against that type of thing. The Bible dose not say you would go to hell for it. Yes, it's considered bad, but you won't go to hell. It just said that it's unnatural and that if your going to be bi, stay true to your spouse. End of story. Trust me, I'm in one of those families that my parents study that sort of thing and jam it into my mind all of the time. (I'm not bi, but a lot of my friends are. Just so you know.)  

lil_lollypop1

Moonlight Phantom

15,050 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

shani26

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 10:34 pm
If cheristianty gives you hard time you can allways be Jewish. In our religion it is ok for a girl to be bi, but it is not ok for a guy to be gay. Try taking a trip to Israel see if you like it. wink  
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 2:03 am
Great thx for the advice so far, but I dont think I could become Jewish, my intire family would kill me  

hazel843

shani26

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 4:50 am
hazel843
Great thx for the advice so far, but I dont think I could become Jewish, my intire family would kill me

Does your mom and dad are really religious?
cuz religous mom and dad are suck more then non religous mom and dad. Religous poeple have to much rules.  
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 6:58 am
I was raised an Evangelical Christian, you know Heel fire, brimstone, the people that talk funny and say it is speaking in tongues, all that Jazz. I am bi myself. I don't even consider myself Christian as I have learned about many religions in my life and can't see one way being the only way. My beliefs encompass many belief systems. I know where you are coming from. While your family may hate as you grow up you should learn about other belief systems and find what religious paths suits you best if any religion at all. Yes there will be trouble w/ family if you leave there way of beliefs, but you need to do what is right for you. Believe me I always hear go to church, get right w/ Christ, etc. but that is not my way anymore. Honestly I think all that can be expected from us by the Divine is that we live our lives as best we can and attempt to do as much good as possible. If we are going to Hell because we are different then there is no justice from a so called "just" God.  

Arcanasylvana

shani26

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 9:51 am
Arcanasylvana, i think in a perfect world every one would chose his own religon, but we aren't living a world like that. I don't think anybody should have a fight with their parents about religon, if he/she can avoid it.
I think family is more importanet.  
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 10:51 am
shani26
hazel843

Does your mom and dad are really religious?
cuz religous mom and dad are suck more then non religous mom and dad. Religous poeple have to much rules.

No, my dad is very religous, but my mum isnt, which is worse than both of them being religous because they will fight and to me that's worse  

hazel843

Arcanasylvana

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 2:22 pm
shani26
Arcanasylvana, i think in a perfect world every one would chose his own religon, but we aren't living a world like that. I don't think anybody should have a fight with their parents about religon, if he/she can avoid it.
I think family is more importanet.

Hon, it hasn't interfered w/ my family relationships. It caused stress in the beginning but after 10 years things are the way they are. I know my family still prays for my "Salvation", and I still deal w/ the preaching at times.

My father left the Evangelical church and went to Messianic Judaism, which I know isn't welcomed by Christians or Jews. I send my children to church because it provides a foundation on which to build their own beliefs as they grow up. I teach my children about other beliefs and I want them to be able to choose w/o the friction I dealt with. It can happen.

Of course some people it DOES cause irreparable rifts in the family. But ultimately it is a person's own choice, whether to follow the same path as their parents or change.  
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 3:41 am
The truth is, there are a lot of people with a lot of answers. But God will never actually hate you, just the things you do, like how a parent gets upset when a child misbehaves. God doesn't hate gay people, but he specifically says not to be gay. This isn't because he wants to ruin your "fun" but because he cares enough to say, "Hey, I love you and want the best things for you." And still he loves us enough to give us choice. (Oh, and good deeds alone won't get you into heaven, they are nice, but won't do much at all).  

Daggerfire

cocokittyrocks37

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 7:59 pm
The Bible says a man shall not lie (sleep with) another man  
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 5:15 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Z1K8G21iME

Personally, I see no reason why being gay, lesbian, bi, or other variation should make a difference on how you're looked at or how much you're loved, especially by God. Live your life as best you can and you'll be rewarded for it. I don't belong to any denomination really, but I can say that if someone pure of heart and mind can't get into Heaven because of some "technicality," then something isn't right.

For those who say homosexuality goes against nature, take a look at nature itself: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexuality_in_animals

The Bonobo is a specie of primate that is entirely bisexual. Various birds including seagulls, penguins, and even doves have shown homo- or bisexual tendencies at times. Heck, one kind of lizard has a totally female population.

Live your life the best you can and don't let anyone else stop you, because they aren't you and have no right to make you feel bad.  

Jackalope2
Crew

daggblu4

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 11:29 pm
Jackalope2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Z1K8G21iME

Personally, I see no reason why being gay, lesbian, bi, or other variation should make a difference on how you're looked at or how much you're loved, especially by God. Live your life as best you can and you'll be rewarded for it. I don't belong to any denomination really, but I can say that if someone pure of heart and mind can't get into Heaven because of some "technicality," then something isn't right.

For those who say homosexuality goes against nature, take a look at nature itself: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexuality_in_animals

The Bonobo is a specie of primate that is entirely bisexual. Various birds including seagulls, penguins, and even doves have shown homo- or bisexual tendencies at times. Heck, one kind of lizard has a totally female population.

Live your life the best you can and don't let anyone else stop you, because they aren't you and have no right to make you feel bad.

amen to that, man.we are what we are under the ultimate being's eyes. we are made and borne out of this being's creation. we are on course w/ nature. it's the discrimination and ignorance and not recognizing our own brethren that disrupts the love in our god. remember, the bible is human made. HUMAN made. that's --> made by man. man wrote down the bible. i don't need to emphasize more. to those of a denomination that believes it as much of as a recording from God, i apologize for any insult.
there are worse cases in life than being gay for people to torture themselves w/. rape victims that contracted HIV from their assailants; senior citizens victimized by fraud; prayers sent out right before a gang hit; religious figures taking advantage of their citizens; turning your back against a loved one in their hour of need is ENOUGH SIN for me. being gay is not a negative in life at all. it's negative people that make a bad life for gays. if you're a gay person knowingly cheating someone out of a good life, then that's a dif. story. so, like what others before me said: live your life as best as your god has given you, live and love yourself and others. that's the supreme gift you could offer to your god. much better than praying everyday and giving off a pious front when the truth is your mind and heart are lecherous and bitter and dark. not all religious people are bad and not all nonbelievers are evil. i'm just saying live your life and do good, gay or straight, it's your life. and that's enough.  
"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff