Reply "ALI" Advice for Life Issues
I tend to live behind masks.... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Van-Shun

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 9:11 pm
No matter what goes wrong in my life, i can ALWAYS fake like im pefectly fine.
My friend tried to kill herself, i cried about a half hour, then nobody could tell the difference.
Bassically, i have an AMAZINGGGGGG long list of things wrong, but every person i know will never know anything is wrong.
When i surpress things like i do, i tend to resort to cutting.

What should i do?  
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 9:42 pm
Well, realizing there is a problem is the first step to healing. I sometimes get that way. At school, I will talk to someone, leave for a second, and when I come back they will give me an odd look and call me weird. Anyway, first of all, cutting doesn't work. I have a lot of friends that do it and they keep telling me they will regret it forever.

Second and most important, you recognize you have problems. Write a list of all the things you want to change. Then picture and describe the person you want to be. Then sort through your problems and become the person you want to be. I'm not talking about goths or preppy or what not. I'm talking about finding who YOU are. Anyone can put themselves in a group, but not many can find themselves. Find out the things you like (such as movies, foods, friends) and find yourself. Problems tend to seem so big to you, but if you list them out, they tend not to seem as bad.

Oh yes, one more thing. People change. If the person you are or want to be dose not make you happy, find out what dose. You learn by mistakes, that's part of being human. And be happy, it's your life.

You see, you wouldn't have to be debating over which mask you should wear if you only looked in the mirror and saw how beautiful you are. Do you understand what I mean?  

lil_lollypop1

Moonlight Phantom

15,050 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

lil_lollypop1

Moonlight Phantom

15,050 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 9:43 pm
hay, if you need more help, I'm here for you. Just PM me, ok?  
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 5:00 am
I say instead of cutting yourself, go and make a beutifull tattoo. If you really want to fill the pain do it without anesthetizing.  

shani26

Van-Shun

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 7:54 am
shani26
I say instead of cutting yourself, go and make a beutifull tattoo. If you really want to fill the pain do it without anesthetizing.

I usually dont cut myself, but every once in a while it happens  
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 7:56 am
lil_lollypop1
Well, realizing there is a problem is the first step to healing. I sometimes get that way. At school, I will talk to someone, leave for a second, and when I come back they will give me an odd look and call me weird. Anyway, first of all, cutting doesn't work. I have a lot of friends that do it and they keep telling me they will regret it forever.

Second and most important, you recognize you have problems. Write a list of all the things you want to change. Then picture and describe the person you want to be. Then sort through your problems and become the person you want to be. I'm not talking about goths or preppy or what not. I'm talking about finding who YOU are. Anyone can put themselves in a group, but not many can find themselves. Find out the things you like (such as movies, foods, friends) and find yourself. Problems tend to seem so big to you, but if you list them out, they tend not to seem as bad.

Oh yes, one more thing. People change. If the person you are or want to be dose not make you happy, find out what dose. You learn by mistakes, that's part of being human. And be happy, it's your life.

You see, you wouldn't have to be debating over which mask you should wear if you only looked in the mirror and saw how beautiful you are. Do you understand what I mean?

Thanks =]  

Van-Shun

lil_lollypop1

Moonlight Phantom

15,050 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 5:27 pm
No problem! ^_^  
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 6:05 am
That was great how you helped him like that. biggrin  

Groucho and Karl

Fanatical Cultist

MiStiEM00K

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 6:08 pm
I can keep a [(secret)] if you can keep me guessing
the //flavor// of your lips is enough to keep me pressing ...

aww blakey-poo heart

i know how you feel.
i tend to keep everything to myself;;
and when i can;t deal with the pain anymore
i just cry until i can;t anymore.

i don;t cut myself thoughh;;
it;s come to the point where i;ve considered suicide
but i;ve never actually HURT myself.

i think the best thing for you right now would be to find a friend, someone you can rely on for anything, someone you trust completely, someone you know will always be there for you;; and talk to them about what;s wrong.
you also need to figure out who you are;; and who you want to be.
you can;t just let people see you as something you;re probably not.
it really doesn;t work, blakey-poo.

it;s gonna seem hard;; but you just gotta put yourself out there;; and hope for the best. people will like you for who you are;; i promise!
and if someone doesn;t then you shouldn;t care
cos; there;s like, 0987657897654 5678976543567897654345678654356786543567865435676543245676543 people in the world;; so it;s okay if someone doesn;t like you, cos; there;s everyone else that will =)

... for more than just a [(moment)] of truth between the //lies//
told to pull ourselves away from the _lives_ we leave back

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 2:55 pm
Hybridblake II
No matter what goes wrong in my life, i can ALWAYS fake like im pefectly fine.
My friend tried to kill herself, i cried about a half hour, then nobody could tell the difference.
Bassically, i have an AMAZINGGGGGG long list of things wrong, but every person i know will never know anything is wrong.
When i surpress things like i do, i tend to resort to cutting.

What should i do?

I think we share the same problem... I also feel obligated by myself to hide my feelings so at the end nobody could be possibly affected.... I cannot help you with that because I'm still fighting against that... but I think Jesus can help you...  

Zamoles

Lunar_Sunset

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 9:16 pm
its semi like the same here i had the same thing when 1 of meh best friends tried to kill herself. just remember ur friends will always be there 4 u and if u r religous let ur faith help u. meh very best friend who is like meh sis told meh tat its okay to cry. if u r upset tell someone u can trust. i have always tried to be like the tough onewho knw never cried and always comforted ppl. i was at meh church and something was going on and all these thoughts started runnin through meh head and i started to cry and meh friends were rite there for meh. i was so shocked. sometimes cryin can be a good thing 4 u. last friday one of meh friends(not very close friends)was upset and started to cry and i was rite there for her. then she didnt want meh to leave her. then she told meh everythin going on and i just wanted to start cryin 4 her and for meh and all of meh other friends. now we r very close. just dont hurt urself more cuz tats not good for u. i thought bout doin some pretty stupid things sometimes but then i get all these thoughts of meh friends,meh parents,and meh God tellin meh not to. i knw though tat if it ever did happen meh family and friends would be there to help meh. think bout tat. remember when u hurt urself u hurt the ppl u love and the ppl who love you. hope tat hels u at least a little bit.  
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 11:52 am
I definitely understand the mask thing, I've worn one my entire life. But, you really need to work on opening up to people, and as some of the other people here have said, find someone close, who you can trust. Keeping it all inside...it destroys you after a while...and you think you've got everything covered until one day you get a crack in your mask and it all goes to pieces,
and I say this from personal experience. It's frightening, opening yourself to another person..it can make you feel vulnerable and exposed...but, when you find that one person you trust, the relief that comes from sharing your burdens is amazing.
I don't know if that helped at all, but I sincerely hope you are able to find your way, and find who you are. Don't let pain define you as a person!
Also, I think you would be surprised how many people feel the way you do...true, they don't feel exactly the same, but I think a lot of people hide.
I know that when I told some of my teachers at school that I have social anxiety disorder and depression they were all, "Really? I never would have guessed...not in a million years" because I hid it, and I hid it well. And I know it hurts to feel like you're suffering in silence, and how frustrating it can be that no one notices, but you need to hang in there because things will get better. And if you really feel that there is something seriously wrong with you, you could always try seeing a therapist, because I know for me, before I was diagnosed, I had a lot of anger and pain and loneliness and freaking out on the inside, and having a name to put to it helped a lot.
Anyway, I hope things start looking up for you, and as lil_lollypop1 said, if you ever need someone to talk to, you can PM me too *hugs* 3nodding  

Armadia

Garynook

6,950 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 1:52 am
One of the best things that helped me with my own mask was finding a thrustworthy friend whom is willing to listen and go loose. It is better to share it with one than to crop it up and end up scarring yourself even further. Heck you might end up knowing alot more of that person too. or a g f like I did.  
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 12:46 pm
dude get therapy if you resort to cutting you know your depressed or you can talk stuff out.

Edit: Bottling up emotions or problems doesen't make it go away.  

Zat In The Hat

Hilarious Capitalist

Whip

Whip

Rainbow Succubus

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:19 am
People tend to resort to cutting due to overwhelm... they feel so much that they can't contain it mentally. You can physically hide the way you feel, by wearing a happy mask over the sad, angry you... (for want of a better term) but the emotions wont stay in your mind, so they come out physically anyway, in the only way you will let them, which is by cutting. I wont bother going into a tirade of why cutting is dangerous... because that wont help you solve your problems... just saying 'stop cutting' is like telling a person with a cold to stop sneezing... they can try but if you dont remove the reason why they are sneezing (or remove the reason why you are cutting) then they (and you) can't really stop.

What I do suggest is that you seek counselling, or somewhere you can get all your problems off your chest, someone to talk to who isn't a friend or a relative because talking to friends and relative seems like it is difficult for you to actually show how you are feeling to those close to you. And that is ok in a way, because some of us aren't 'heart on our sleeves' type of people, but certainly having a listening ear will help in relieving some of the tension you feel from bottling up your emotions.

I suggest a counsellor, because they can offer feedback and they tend to be able to help you find solutions in your own way to some of your life's problems, but if you can t even bear to do that (it can be hard at first, especially if you have to 'shop around' to find a counsellor you are comfortable with) Then my next suggestion would be to start a blog or keep a journal and be true to your feelings in there, say exactly what you think, just to get it out of your mind, and somewhere more tangible where you will be able to look at it objectively and come up with some solutions. I use this technique myself and have found it partially successful in helping to ease the stress of holding myriad bad emotions in.

Also, perhaps consider taking up a hobby that will allow you to express emotions without fear of reproach... have you tried amateur acting? It is incredibly fun, and can be great catharsis, especially if you get a juicy role where you can apply all your strongly felt emotions... with the safe knowledge that it is not really 'you' smile

"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff