Reply "PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §
The point of life Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

akira-otomo

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 4:00 am
Is there really one? I think that we're only alive to be alive, no real purpose in the long run, just to live.What do you think? Please don't say 42 or anything else stupid like that, just what you think ...
Also, if you want, you can say about creation of the universe. Why we were given the privileges we were given.

Thanks,
Akira.  
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 2:24 pm
I think we are born without purpose and that during our life times we develop our own.
Some people may never find their purpose.

R e i t Fox

akira-otomo

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 8:26 am
but what if we refuse to find our purpose? you know, find it but don't live up to it?  
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 1:02 pm
The purpose of life is simple, and is easily overlooked. It is what separates us from animals and all else that exists.

To start, the simple meaning of life for animals and plants and the like, is to survive and reproduce. It is what fueled evolution and mating for millenia. For humans, the almighty creature that was blessed with thought, life has a different meaning. And it is Love.

Love is what separates us from all else. It gives us choice in mating, purpose for desire and actions. Love is expression, and it is expressed through religion and faith, and family and friends. It is the bole of all branches of what we do. We live to love and love to live. That is the purpose of life.

If one has a love of power, he becomes a leader in society. If one has a love of loving, they become a person who lives for love. Whatever we love, we live for. And we would have nothing to live for were it not for love.

Ink_Weaver_Heart

Genesis_verse_1

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 2:46 pm
I agree with Ink_Weaver_Heart. We never truly experience life without Love. But what you love defines your life. There are different things to love; however the best thing to love is Love itself. God is Love and He loves us each in a special way. So basically what it means to live is to love Love and to love Love is to live.  
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 3:03 pm
the point of life is merely to discover your gifts, talents and if your lucky, your purpose. and when you discover thos things your job is to do with them what ever you see fit.  

ADreamForTheDead

7,350 Points
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Flatterer 200

Kachan36

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 7:56 am
I'm with Akira. I don't think there is a purpose to life. Humans want there to be a purpose because they want to believe that they are special. I think we're just like everything else on this planet and in this universe; we're just here because we evolved this way, not because we have some purpose to fulfil.  
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 11:23 am
Darn I can't say 42....oh well maybe this will help:

I have yet to see a true reason in life but I see the reason that I continue to live. I live my life to be the best friend I can be, to make sure that my friends are ok and they stay ok. Everyone has their own purpose, and if you can't fulfill it then you must do your best, live your life to the fullest and live your life as you wish.

signed hope it helps
Zylo the Wolfbane  

Zylo the Wolfbane

randomguurl

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 3:03 pm
hey. I agree with basically everyone. Do you ask because you want to discover the meaning of life? I think you need to find your passion - what drives you to keep moving and living. And yeah, like they said, love doesn't have to be like with people . It could be love with a job or a hobby. I hope this was helpful

-RAwwRR!  
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 9:54 pm
Ink_Weaver_Heart
The purpose of life is simple, and is easily overlooked. It is what separates us from animals and all else that exists.

To start, the simple meaning of life for animals and plants and the like, is to survive and reproduce. It is what fueled evolution and mating for millenia. For humans, the almighty creature that was blessed with thought, life has a different meaning. And it is Love.

Love is what separates us from all else. It gives us choice in mating, purpose for desire and actions. Love is expression, and it is expressed through religion and faith, and family and friends. It is the bole of all branches of what we do. We live to love and love to live. That is the purpose of life.

If one has a love of power, he becomes a leader in society. If one has a love of loving, they become a person who lives for love. Whatever we love, we live for. And we would have nothing to live for were it not for love.

what are we without love?
86 cents.
86 cents of Hydrogen, Nitogen, Carbon, Oxygen, and other trace elements.
and Zylo-- nive avi.
were you going for the 'Nightcrawler' look?
because if you were, you rule.  

Mad Haru

FF Turk_Panto

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 10:12 pm
The purpose of life, its meaning is never known. I never know why we as humans or other life forms exist. Think of it why do we aimlessly question and ponder on and on of questions so high that reason itself to answer them ends up being incorrect as much as we think we are correct? Mankind needs to understand that we live to move off of ignorance and gain knowledge and understanding and summarize that we as humans know nothing. Think about it. We know the easy questions, the riddles, the questions in which things come to a resolve and improve things, but the questions of the higher, the divine, the all are questions in which continue. Life is life. Death is death. In our minds we have no answers, but to say life is life and death is death. Our true purposes can and will not be ever known, our afterlife will never be known. In short life is what we live, but can never be explained to us to why we are here as well as other questions of the divine being. One will think but one must admit that we truly know nothing, as for I do not know the answer to all and I do not know anything as much as I try and argue answers to the divine.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:48 am
Well, I do not know whether or not there is a 'true meaning' of life, but in my own perspective, I would be happy with marrying who I truly love, having a good life, and have good friends everywhere. This may be the same for several people, but be different for others.

So my conclusion is that the 'true meaning' of life, is to live to your own expectations and to do this till you cannot live anymore, and die happily.
(I've got other answers in my mind at the moment, but this one seems to fit what I truly want to express at the moment)  

xvxhanyouxvx

Lonely Conversationalist

6,250 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Viral Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:52 pm
I do agree with a lot of what others have said, but I also believe the purpose of life is not only to biologically keep life going, but also to leave the world in a state of continuum, to leave ways for other people, either kin for perfect strangers, to keep on living.

It's nice, I would think, to die knowing that you've done what you can to ensure the survival of your family, genus, species, etc.

'Course it doesn't really help to know that it's all for naught, it'll all go to flames in 7 billion years when the sun explodes, but hey, it works if you don't think about it.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:55 pm
The meaning of life is that there is no meaning. I mean, I'm still really young, but there are just some questions that will remain unanswered. You see, 'meaning' is a human concept. same as how we don't know how it all started, like how energy was created and matter, and if you believe in God where He came from. 'Begging' is a human concept, and some of these concepts justare unable to be explained because of humanities flaws.  

Katta Tsuki

ekitten614

Tipsy Genius

10,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:51 pm
The purpose of being here (for me) is so that when I die, people will come to my funeral and say "Look at what she accomplished!". My purpose that helps me keep going, is to do something for the world, for some people, for someone, so that someone will remember me when I'm gone. I think we're here to learn. Life is all about learning, look at all the school we have to go through! razz But really, as you grow you keep learning more and more, and once you die, hopefully you'll move on somewhere where you can use your knowledge. These are just my opinions... and if everyone's got a purpose, even if everyone has a different purpose, then the world should be all well.  
"PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff