Reply "ALI" Advice for Life Issues
Guys just don't like me I guess. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kittycatsesshomaru

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 1:25 pm
Hello everyone I hope you can help me. Thank you.
Hello. My name is Alicia (17 years old) I am going to be a senior in High School this year. I know this may sound old and stupid but oh well. My goal for the past few years is to try and get a boyfriend. I don't know what I am doing wrong. I put on makeup but not to crazy. I am smart, funny, love sports, video games, everything. And yes I am very very shy when I first start class but give me a few weeks and I will be better. I don't know what to do. Almost all the guys in my High School go for the sluts, ones with low cut clothing and crap. And I am sorry but I am not going to change myself that much just to get a guy. But I don't know, again. I think the one thing that kills me the most is that when I walk around school I see other couples holding hands, kissing, hugging, and more. I get so lonely T.T I wish that, that was me. ME! T.T So please could you just tell me something or anything. I really don't know. If you can't then thats fine. I just think I needed to write it down or something. But thank you everyone. Thank you.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 11:03 pm
kittycatsesshomaru
Hello. My name is Alicia (17 years old) I am going to be a senior in High School this year. I know this may sound old and stupid but oh well. My goal for the past few years is to try and get a boyfriend. I don't know what I am doing wrong. I put on makeup but not to crazy. I am smart, funny, love sports, video games, everything. And yes I am very very shy when I first start class but give me a few weeks and I will be better. I don't know what to do. Almost all the guys in my High School go for the sluts, ones with low cut clothing and crap. And I am sorry but I am not going to change myself that much just to get a guy. But I don't know, again. I think the one thing that kills me the most is that when I walk around school I see other couples holding hands, kissing, hugging, and more. I get so lonely T.T I wish that, that was me. ME! T.T So please could you just tell me something or anything. I really don't know. If you can't then thats fine. I just think I needed to write it down or something. But thank you everyone. Thank you.

I know youre type...

Well, most depends on how you treat most men around school. If you have some guy friends it can make other guys like you more. If you have many friends at all guys will come to you cause many others like you too. Now, dont take this too hard, if you arent that pretty than it becomes 5x harder to get a guy. Depending on how pretty/popular/and smart you are will be the guys that are LOOKING FOR YOU! Depend on what guy you WANT! You can basically pick a guy out of anything you want without changing anything about you. It gets complicated to explain in one post so pm me later. What kind of guy are you looking for? Be as specific as possible! Please message me I would love you help you.

EDIT: Dont worry im ALWAYS online!  

Kestix

Zzyli

Prismatic Unicorn

76,950 Points
  • Fairy bread fancier 500
  • Just A Regular User 500
  • Wing Mastery 100
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 12:03 am
kittycatsesshomaru

May I ask why you really want a boyfriend? It won't change who you are one bit. If you just want companionship, boys can be your friends without you forcing yourself into a romantic attachment.

Still, if you really do want a boyfriend, my advice is that it's not worth changing youself for any guy. If you have to pretend around them, someday you'll slip up and then both of you will be unhappy. Still, be friendly, take an interest in what guys do and learn things about them. Make yourself approachable. Guys do like it when girls dress nicely and take care of themselves, but it doesn't have to be in the most up-to-date fashions or like a prostitute. Smile at people when you see them around. Also, if you treat your friends well (male or female), you'll gain the reputation of being caring and so people will want to be with you and get to know you. Most importantly (although the way I'm saying sounds really cheesy) being yourself will attract the kind of guy who's right for you.  
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 1:06 pm
Squirty_chan
kittycatsesshomaru

May I ask why you really want a boyfriend? It won't change who you are one bit. If you just want companionship, boys can be your friends without you forcing yourself into a romantic attachment.

Still, if you really do want a boyfriend, my advice is that it's not worth changing youself for any guy. If you have to pretend around them, someday you'll slip up and then both of you will be unhappy. Still, be friendly, take an interest in what guys do and learn things about them. Make yourself approachable. Guys do like it when girls dress nicely and take care of themselves, but it doesn't have to be in the most up-to-date fashions or like a prostitute. Smile at people when you see them around. Also, if you treat your friends well (male or female), you'll gain the reputation of being caring and so people will want to be with you and get to know you. Most importantly (although the way I'm saying sounds really cheesy) being yourself will attract the kind of guy who's right for you.

Well to tell the truth, I have never ever had a boyfriend. Back in middle school I wasn't really looking or wanted one at the time. But then my younger sister who is 15 got a boyfriend and I don't know I felt left out you could say. Then of course all my other friends got them and so on. I guess I felt it was time that I should try.
Thank you though for helping me. I guess in the next year coming up I can try and be more open and try new things 3nodding

kittycatsesshomaru

kittycatsesshomaru

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 1:14 pm
L_Skeith
kittycatsesshomaru

I know youre type...

Well, most depends on how you treat most men around school. If you have some guy friends it can make other guys like you more. If you have many friends at all guys will come to you cause many others like you too. Now, dont take this too hard, if you arent that pretty than it becomes 5x harder to get a guy. Depending on how pretty/popular/and smart you are will be the guys that are LOOKING FOR YOU! Depend on what guy you WANT! You can basically pick a guy out of anything you want without changing anything about you. It gets complicated to explain in one post so pm me later. What kind of guy are you looking for? Be as specific as possible! Please message me I would love you help you.

EDIT: Dont worry im ALWAYS online!

For me I am just looking for a nice, sweet guy. Who is smart, funny, likes some things that I like to do. *video games, sports, just having fun* and Protective. I love protective. 3nodding
Umm the pretty/popular/smart thing I don't know. I think I am ok looking not fall down died type of pretty, but ok. I have a few pictures on my profile. Popular not really. Meaning everyone knows me in my little group of friends and maybe a few other people but not really. Smart, I know I am that. Kinda a nerd with study but thats ok sweatdrop
Thank you so much for the help. You guys have helped a lot. I just now know that I have to be a little bit more open, and try new things. Yup Yup. Thank you so much. 3nodding

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 1:28 pm
K now I really know youre type...

Youre right, you just have to be more open and try new things. But, relationships start with crushes so you can't flirt around without liking SOMEONE! Find a guy you like. Stick to the things you do but get to know him. After you have all the be open and new things stuff, the next step is to seek out THAT guy.  

Kestix

kittycatsesshomaru

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 1:34 pm
L_Skeith
K now I really know youre type...

Youre right, you just have to be more open and try new things. But, relationships start with crushes so you can't flirt around without liking SOMEONE! Find a guy you like. Stick to the things you do but get to know him. After you have all the be open and new things stuff, the next step is to seek out THAT guy.

Ok, Thank you so much L_Skeith. I will be sure to try and do everything that you guys have told me. Thank you. 3nodding

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 6:43 pm
oh i understand you very well actually.i´m 18 years old and i only had 2 boyfriends,boys nevr liked me either because i am skinny not that anorexic skinny though,but the guys that i liked only liked that type of girls who are neither skinny or fat,just the normal type i guess.so it was really hard for me to get a boyfriend too.my advice is not to change who you are just because of them,and belive me i try that and it was not good.just be yourself and when the time cames,i think that you will find a really good guy who likes you for who you are.believe in yourself and all the good things that you have to give to the person who deserves the most. whee  

chii_chan17

irky09

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:58 pm
well i dont know what to tell u cuz for me when i see a guy i like i just look at him and then most time they ask me out i just play hard to get mostlikely heart  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:37 pm
Hey, my sister is named Alicia, and is 17 and is gonna be a senior, too! That's so cool! And you and her both are shy and hate girls having to dress like sluts to get guys! Well, no worries about finding a guy! You just haven't met the right one, when he comes, you will know! It doesn't mean guys don't like you if you don't have a boyfriend yet! My sister is engaged and met a guy! And, it took me til my 18th birthday to finally get a boyfriend! So, keep your hopes up! I'm sure there is a guy out there looking for a girl like you!  

Chefeetaboopers

8,325 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Friendly 100

Nightrain28

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:20 pm
I know it's tough when it seems like everyone around you has boyfriends. And it is nice to have someone around that cares for you and your feelings. I myself looked out of my highschool for a boyfriend and it made it easier on me. When you're looking for someone outside of your school it's a better relationship. You both can still have your own lives and friends and then it'll make it so much better when ya see each other. Maybe u can try something like that. ya never know what could happean. Good luck with it.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:24 am
First of all be yourself..Do not change yourself for some guy..Besides you have time ahead especially if your going to college.. They will be plenty of time to meet others..No need to rush..  

ladyshari

dontnowat2donow

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:00 pm
ok just be yourself dont turn urself into somtin u r not it is just stupid and try hanging out with a guy u like and maby he will warm up 2 u heart  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:37 pm
I can definitely understand how you're feeling. I'm almost 20 and I've never had a boyfriend.

All I can tell you is what's worked for me. You have to realize that you are your own person, and you don't NEED a boyfriend, and so you can wait until the "right guy" comes along. If you want someone who really compliments your personality, and not just a boyfriend for the sake of having a boyfriend, you have to wait for the right connection. Who knows how long we'll have to wait? I certainly don't, but I think it will be worth it when we each meet someone that we really connect with.  

Iconoclast Enthusiast

5,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100

i_Like_your_Sockks

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:12 pm
well, i say just be yourself! go for a guy thats cute and smart. and single. and don't wait for a guy to ask you out. sometimes you just have to make the moves yourself. and don't be to shy. just walk right up to him and ask him. it's not like the world will end if he says no, and you can always go for another guy!!!!!! besides, you never know what will happen!!! gather your courage, young warrior, and fight till you win!!!!!! ^^  
"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff