Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

So, do you think you are wise?
  yes
  no
View Results

FF Turk_Panto

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 10:27 pm
I've been on this forum for quite awhile trying to explain things to my best of knowledge, but folks I need your opinions here. What do you truly know the answers to life's questions? Do you think you have the knowledge to solve the riddles of life? Do you think you are even wise or do you simply admit that you know nothing? I have thought and wondered many times to all of life's questions and the divine questions, but I am human, I think, but I know that my knowledge is simply put and said that I know nothing for the knowledge taught to me is knowledge of use to improve my skills in an art, but the knowledge to answer the questions of an afterlife, of a God, of the meaning of life, of existence, all those types of questions is simply answered as the fact that I know nothing. In my opinion we have no knowledge to the ideas of those questions, we may ponder and think we are right but we are being ignorant and those questions can forever go on with the answers of simply agrees and disagrees in which resolve will never be found. I believe folks, and i'll say it again, we know nothing to these answers to the questions.  
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 6:48 am
"The only true knowledge is knowing that we know nothing" - Socrates

I accepted this fact long ago. No matter how much we think we know, it could all be proven wrong in an instant. This pertains to religion, science, nature,.... everything.  

azrael the reaper_95210

FF Turk_Panto

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 12:35 pm
azrael the reaper
"The only true knowledge is knowing that we know nothing" - Socrates

I accepted this fact long ago. No matter how much we think we know, it could all be proven wrong in an instant. This pertains to religion, science, nature,.... everything.

good use of this quote i believe that such a quote should be heard more often  
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 12:55 pm
"The more a man knows, the more he knows how little he knows."
I don't remember who said this, but frankly, it fits.
people who accept their foolishness are wise beyond their imagination.
people who consider themselves geniuses, are the real fools.  

Mad Haru

Verderbnis

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 2:14 pm
There is really nothing than absolute knowledge, it would also mean absolute power over everything.

The answer to life, the universe and everything is still given by each individual itself. Douglas Adams just gave the answer 42...  
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 5:59 pm
that's 'cause you didn't ask all the right questions.  

Mad Haru

Katta Tsuki

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:00 pm
I believe I jsut said this in another thread in this forum, but there are no answers because 'answer', 'meaning', and various other things we question are human concepts... and by human nature are flawed.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:45 pm
Hmm... I believe that some people think they know a lot, and then they realise that someone else knows more, and they're actually pretty dumb for thinking they were really smart. And sometimes you think people know a lot... and you read something and find out they took it all from someone else. Knowledge like that is fine and dandy, and helpful, but the better kind of "knowledge" is something that you've come up with on your own from finding lots of facts and coming to your own conclusion. I'm trying to think of a good example... Ah well, I'll post again once I think of something.  

ekitten614

Tipsy Genius

10,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Somebody Likes You 100

DracosPrinny

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:08 pm
I believe that I know most, if not all, of life's great questions.

... However, the answers always escape me.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:03 am
Wisdom, in my opinion, is something either gain through experience or through lessons. You could be 17 and have been through more than anyone may ever will, or you could have stayed home the entire time watching Survivor.

Lessons are a great way to gain wisdom. You could learn it from your parents, your teachers, or even a simple fiction book! There's a lesson in everything and all you can do is remember them and use them in future years to solve your own life riddles and questions, and maybe even others'.

I admit that I don't know everything, since I'm not even close to 30. But, as the old saying goes: you learn something new every day.

"Sometimes, life is like this tunnel. You cannot see the light at the end of the tunnel, but you know that if you just keep moving...you will come to a better place."
- General Iroh, Avatar: The Last Airbender

canadiane_sweetheart

Kagayaku Shirou

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:04 pm

Accordingly to my beliefs, it doesn't matter what we do in life its all part of a branch of posibilities, in conlcusion, since there is a posibility that one of my answers actually help someone, I'll keep answering them, of course I accept that I can be wrong, but that wont stop me to keep trying.
¡

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:42 am
Yes I am wise about somethings.. Do I think I know everything ? No I am a current work in progress ; always learning, doing and changing..You can be wise from life experiences, or have knowledge of a certain subject say cooking.. Do I know everything about cooking? No , If I am open I will learn more and grow..  

ladyshari

Tasty Crayons

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:38 pm
Pantomime13
I believe folks, and i'll say it again, we know nothing to these answers to the questions.

I believe you are correct. We can form opinions and think about these things as much as we want, but no one can truly say that they are correct on those matters.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:26 pm
I don't know, and I realize that it may never be possible to know.
however, it is my nature to fight the impossible and attempt to find out.
call me crazy.  

Sullen Couch

FF Turk_Panto

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:45 pm
All of your responses intrigue me greatly in which case many truly know nothing where others think they do, but so little will they realize that it will start over again. My point to why I made this "test" so to say is simple really. Some of you are correct that we will continue to grow to gain and understand things further, but not truly know the all. It is admirable and thus why I discuss this with you is that even though it may seem impossible or it may seem I'm just trying to bring you all down in which case I'm not it is good to see the minds in today's youth finally realizing as well as regaining that Platonic thought. I walk these streets and grounds hearing the ignorance and the arrogant thoughts about in which it kills me and almost makes me want to turn and shout to the person that they can not know truly and must continue to further conclusions. I, myself, am always inconclusive as to what is what no matter how simple the theory may be. Mainly it is the search beyond this world and more into the next that I sit and go as to why and answer back to a question which furthers another cycle. Keep going everyone and please if any of you have thoughts relating to this please share.  
"PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff