im scared to tell my parents! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

looserlucy

Dapper Seeker

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:14 pm
You might think 'oh here is another petty post about some girl confused about her sexuality!' but its not.

I have been more than 100% positive im bi for about..a year or so now.
My closest friend know and i really want to tell my parents.

I know it wont affect either at all. My mum had told me before and my dad has countelss gay friends.
But although they have told me things, im still scared.
Is there any way i could tell them that wouldnt make me want to wet myself?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:12 pm
The best thing to do is to be honest with them. Tell them you want to have a talk with them and just tell them. I'm sure they won't love you any less. It might be awkward for them in the beginning but I'm sure they'll understand and accept you just the way you are. Good luck!  

btrfly7

fire wolf1234

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:52 pm
LEAVE A NOTE SAYING UR BI SOME PLACE UR PARENTS WILL SEE!!!!!!!!!!  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:00 pm
i agree with fire wolf write them a note saying u are bi

tyhat is wat i did and it worked and my parents are totaly against it but they let me be me  

dontnowat2donow

soul donut

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:52 pm
Telling your parents things like that is never easy. And there's no "right time" or way to do it.

Sometimes you just have to take a deep breath and just do it, regardless of how scared you feel. You've already said that telling them won't really change anything. If your parents really love you, this won't matter to them.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:58 pm
tell urself that you CAN tell them and that they wont get mad. Why would they get mad? There's nothing wrong with being bi, they'll accept you under any circumstance  

redheartgirl1

Anushax

9,050 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:13 am
Your parents seem accepting to the idea of gayness (excuse the lack of a better term) You can tell them, it will be okay. You have to do and you'll be happy when you do. Maybe ask your friend to be there? That might make her awkward but if you need someone there she might be there for you. Moral support kind of thing.
Good luck.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:19 am
fire wolf1234
LEAVE A NOTE SAYING UR BI SOME PLACE UR PARENTS WILL SEE!!!!!!!!!!

Some people show off their beauty because they want the world to see it...

Others try to hide it...
---------------------------------------

I really wouldn't recommend this, because that way your basically saying, I don't trust/love you enough to say it to your face...it won't work...sit them down, tell them, and if there as nice as they sound, there most probs be fine with it

---------------------------------------

Because they want the world to see something else..

Pinklikemyhair

-iiDR3AM3R-

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:09 pm
i think u might just end up wetting ur pantz anyway u tell them. cuz s0mething like this sh0uld be t0ld t0 their face.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:35 pm

I recommend to not tell them until you feel prepared to tell them and that they are prepared to know.

Kagayaku Shirou

Anabethe

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:50 am
I agree. and you have to make sure that it's the right time to tell them. don't tell them when they are busy or stressed. there is really no easy way to tell them. your going to have to walk up to them and just tell them. you will feel better afterwards^_^  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:04 pm
No you say it straight out and if they dont like it tell them its who i am and its my choice and they are going to have to deal with it like it or not. all you have to do is gain the confidece to do it.  

DarkScarletMage

Invisible Genius

the_forgotten_thought

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:10 pm
i hate to ask this, but considering your mom told you she'd be cool with it, do you think she suspects?
anyways, it sounds like they'd be really accepting, so there's no need to make a big deal outta it. i mean, if you get a gf, don't worry. just say, "mom, you said you'd be ok with it if i were bi? well, i am. and here's my gf" and there you go. it's usually a lot harder than we think. and since your mom said it's ok, there shouldn't be anything stopping you.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:35 pm
You should go to the nearest mirror in your house, and just practice saying it to the mirror a few times. When you think you're ready, just call your parents over, close your eyes, take a deep breath, and belt it out. Trust me, it works. I had to tell my mother that I got a Detention (my mother is a perfection Nazi, one misstep and she's on my tail), I did this method, she punished me, whatever, done. No big deal whatsoever.

Hope I could help,
~Lil  

ITADAKIMASU NOM NOM

AgentShiny

Shirtless Lover

11,925 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Love Machine 150
  • Champion 300
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:08 am
Never write a note telling anyone anything! There is only one way to do it and that's to say it to their face. I should know, but it would be better for you to tell your family BEFORE you graduate and get out into the world so that they have a longer time to get used to the idea and still help you out if you can't make it out in the big world yet. I speak from personal experience here  
"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff