Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "FLDBAO" ~For the Love of Desu~ Books, Anime, and Others!
books that must be read by everyone Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

randomgirl768

Greedy Shapeshifter

6,850 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:22 am
sorry if i misspell something its past midnight here. so i got a $50 borders gift card for my birthday does anyone have a suggestion on what i should get? if not ill just go in and pick random books from the Si-Fi section. also, please dont suggest books that have their own subforum.

thank you^^,
random  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:57 am
Guess that rules out Twilight? Well, I guess if you haven't read Eragon and Eldest, you should read those. The Last Herald Mage trilogy (Magic's Pawn, Magic's Promise, Magic's Price) by Mercedes Lackey is good. The Smoke Thief, The Dream Thief, and Queen of Dragons were pretty awesome too. And I guess last books I'll recommend is A Kiss of Fate, Stolen Magic, and A Distant Star. I think all of these books involve fantasy or sci-fi in some way. Hope some of these pique your interest.  

Silvie Verisimilitude

Gracious Hunter

6,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conventioneer 300

randomgirl768

Greedy Shapeshifter

6,850 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:13 pm
Silvie Verisimilitude
Guess that rules out Twilight? Well, I guess if you haven't read Eragon and Eldest, you should read those. The Last Herald Mage trilogy (Magic's Pawn, Magic's Promise, Magic's Price) by Mercedes Lackey is good. The Smoke Thief, The Dream Thief, and Queen of Dragons were pretty awesome too. And I guess last books I'll recommend is A Kiss of Fate, Stolen Magic, and A Distant Star. I think all of these books involve fantasy or sci-fi in some way. Hope some of these pique your interest.

ok are they romances?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:32 pm
The Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan may be worth looking into.

du Mort

randomgirl768

Greedy Shapeshifter

6,850 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:28 pm
du Mort
The Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan may be worth looking into.

ok sounds interesting  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:36 pm
The Sight by David Clement-Davies. It's a animal fantasy like Watership Down.

Way of the Wolf by E. E. Knight. A sci-fi series with 4-5 books. Very interesting.  

buwieshingo

Durem Shapeshifter

Silvie Verisimilitude

Gracious Hunter

6,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:34 am
randomgirl768

ok are they romances?

Yeah. I think most of them, if not all, involve romance.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:49 pm
The "Banned and Banished" series by James Clements is very good. Each title begins with "W'itch." Also, Marion Zimmer Bradley and Andre Norton are great authors. Also, check out the "Luna" line from Harlequin. They're probably in the romance section but they're basically fantasy novels by women writers.  

Azaveil

8,050 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250

go chudley cannons

6,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:54 pm
LiGHTNiNG THiEF TRiLOGY.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:37 pm
-House of Night Series.
-Modern Farie Tales By Holly Black
-Dragon Spell
-Forever Fifteen
-Criptid Hunters
-Worriors

skies on starlight

DvnT

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:28 pm
Ouran High School Host Club. But that is probably going to be in the manga section. But it's still a nice group of books.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:55 am
Depends on what you like.

Science Fiction: One can never go wrong with Isaac Asimov or Douglas Adams.

Historical Fiction: Newt Gingrich teamed up with William Forstchen and wrote a trilogy based on the Civil War (Gettysburg, Grant Comes East, and Never Call Retreat). They then went on to write a trilogy about Pearl Harbor. I only read the first book though.

Mystery: Sue Grafton is really good. She has a book series starting with "A is for Alibi" and her last one was "T is for Trespass". Then there's Nacy Drew, Hardy Boys, Bobsey Twins. Maxwell Grant has a series called The Shadow: Master of Darkness. It's based off an old radio show and was copywrited in 1932. Then there's a book called "The Saints of God Murders". The detective in this one is a reverand. He hangs out with cons too. Really good and I think there are more books in the series.

Fiction: Like the guy said before, the Eragon and Eldest books are good. I'm waiting for Brisinger to come out. Terry Brooks also has many series. Mostly with the name Shannara in them, but there's like 20 books.

Then there are ones I can't classify, like James Patterson, Ken Follet, and Steve Berry.  

discoqueen

Demonic Kitten

17,650 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Married 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

Poor Tenchi

Steadfast Survivor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:23 pm
Pretty much everybody in America needs to read Breakfast of Champions.

Kurt Vonnegut was a genius.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:18 am
OhEmGee-aPenguin
LiGHTNiNG THiEF TRiLOGY.

its not a trilogy anymore lol there's a 4th one called the battle of the labyrinth. xd

and as far a books go id say the bartimaeus trilogy and the dresden files series have the best books. they r both fantasy and very funny. and the dresden files was made into a show on the sci-fi channel so i suppose its sorta sci-fi(ish) lol blaugh  

talesofsymphonia13

Tricky Little Vampire

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:33 pm
The City of Bones, City of Ashes, and the City of Glass are an awesome trilogy by Casssandra Clare (I think) there's romance for sure in the first, I'm trying to get my hands on the second, and I don't think the third is out yet...I loved the first one anyway.
Like some others mentioned, Twilight is part of a great series and is romantic (the fourth comes out on friday in the US). If you haven't already, read it!  
"FLDBAO" ~For the Love of Desu~ Books, Anime, and Others!

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games