Reply "ALI" Advice for Life Issues
I've been voted "Most likely to..." Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dermoi

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:32 pm
It was our last day in year 10 today, and we were doing little "most likely..." things in our lessons.

I got "Most likely to bring a weapn in to school."

It drives me mad because everyone in the school has me pegged as a murderous sociopath who enjoys mutilating people as a light hobby.

I think it stems from 5 things;

1.I write alot of horror stories, all include death or dismemberment in detail.
2.My apathy towards most things.
3. Avid interest in horror movies and gore-fests.
4. I have a couple anger issues sometimes.
5. I like to be alone and rarely talk to people.

It doesn't bother me that people think of me as strange or whatever, just that strangers think of me like that jsut because their brothers friend once sat in the same room as me once, or something like that.

And now, when i go back to school, it's going to be worse because of the "Most likely..." thing, the teachers have already told me to stop writing and stop watching horror films, and i have a feeling that they're gunna want to send me to the years learning metor or counceler or something.

I know this is going to sound melo-dramatic, but i don't think i could cope with that.

Advice, please?  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:11 pm
User Image Live.Love.Laugh
User Image Q U E S T I N G !
User Image Bump && Page Contests

Don't do take what people say into consideration.

Who cares what they think?!

C L I C K . H E R E!!!

loving_sorrow

Anxious Citizen

Nana Hachi

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:35 am
Well they can't, legally, send you anywhere with out your parent's consent so you don't have to worry, as long as your parent don't think there's something wrong with you...maybe you should keep your graphic stories to yourself for a while and post them on Gaia or something?  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:10 pm
Don't stop watching horror movies and writing shocking things just because they want you to! However, I would avoid discussing it at school, except for perhaps books/movies of that genre that were just released (but also include books/movies of other genres so it looks like you're just talking popular culture). Keep the gore out of class - that said, don't immediately go to fluffy bunnies, that would make them suspicious. xd

I think it is absolutely horrible that they voted you most likely to bring a weapon into school. I'm assuming you're not from the United States, but over here, that sort of thing would not be taken lightly. Anyone who even suggested such nonsense would be punished. Go to the principal/head of your school and tell them how insulted and outraged you are that someone would suggest you have a malicious intent towards others and demand at the very least an apology. (Whether you actually want one or not.)

"Most likely..." statements are supposed to be compliments and well wishes for the future, not rude like that. I realize your classes are over for the year, but make an effort to contact the head of your school before you go back. It's better to look uptight than just sit back and accept what everyone said.

If they bring up your writing, tell them that it is just fiction and if you need to, tell them you hope to have a career like writing horror novels, writing horror film scripts, as a special effects artist, or something like that. It shows that you're thinking about your eventual career, practicing skills related to that career, and releasing frustration constructively. Adults LOVE that kind of stuff. (And it also means that since you're planning a future, you don't plan on jeopardizing it by going nuts and slaughtering your classmates.) They don't have to know you're lying. biggrin  

Oval

QUW00SH

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:22 pm
continue to do what u like and b urself. being voted most likely to bring a weapon 2 school, doesnt mean they actually think u'll bring 1, it just means that out of the ppl they kno, its u who seems MOST likely to do so, not necesarily that it is likely. besides, many of those being voted most likely 2 do whatever r just ppl joking and fooling around. besides they cant send u 2 a counseler if ur parents dont consent.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:43 am
I got voted most likely to end up in the army . I was in the army for six years and was medically discharged. Before i enlisted my classmates voted me to end up like gomer pyle from Full metal jacket before basic training was over. That prediction was never fulfilled.  

Medic83

5,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250

shani26

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:30 pm
Oval
Don't stop watching horror movies and writing shocking things just because they want you to! However, I would avoid discussing it at school, except for perhaps books/movies of that genre that were just released (but also include books/movies of other genres so it looks like you're just talking popular culture). Keep the gore out of class - that said, don't immediately go to fluffy bunnies, that would make them suspicious. xd

I think it is absolutely horrible that they voted you most likely to bring a weapon into school. I'm assuming you're not from the United States, but over here, that sort of thing would not be taken lightly. Anyone who even suggested such nonsense would be punished. Go to the principal/head of your school and tell them how insulted and outraged you are that someone would suggest you have a malicious intent towards others and demand at the very least an apology. (Whether you actually want one or not.)

"Most likely..." statements are supposed to be compliments and well wishes for the future, not rude like that. I realize your classes are over for the year, but make an effort to contact the head of your school before you go back. It's better to look uptight than just sit back and accept what everyone said.

If they bring up your writing, tell them that it is just fiction and if you need to, tell them you hope to have a career like writing horror novels, writing horror film scripts, as a special effects artist, or something like that. It shows that you're thinking about your eventual career, practicing skills related to that career, and releasing frustration constructively. Adults LOVE that kind of stuff. (And it also means that since you're planning a future, you don't plan on jeopardizing it by going nuts and slaughtering your classmates.) They don't have to know you're lying. biggrin

I think you are right by saying, don't show your hobby in class.
about the other half, this is called bad poblicity. They voted for this in the end of school year which means it will be forgoten in the first day of school unless you bring it up again. so ignore it, don't talk about it, and let this stay as a joke and not a serios matter.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:22 pm
Don't listen to what they say... You like what you like and that's what makes you...

Besides, you should bask in your greatness! I mean, things are only what you make of them... I mean, I'm one of those kids they would forget to vote in "Most likely to..." ha ha...xD  

Ojamagic

iToxicMoon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:27 pm
Let me light up the sky, light it up for you

well, teacher's cant stop telling you what to do with the watching of horror movies since that takes place on your own time. and unless they have a theme picked out for writing assignments, they cant mark you down for writing about horror stories either. also, they cant legally make you go anywhere without your parents' consent. so, they have no justified case.

hm. i dont get why you're being pegged like this. if anything, i'm worst for this kind of thing and the teacher's all love me.
come to my town. you'll be loved.

Let me tell you why, I would die for you

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:58 pm
if they don't know you
then don't listen to what
they have to say!!!

OMG-JuliaJean

blackrose-flowerofdeath

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:20 pm
i was voted "most likely to" for all this nerdy s**t, and for a long time all anyone who didn't know me too well had to say about me was "you're so smart" it was annoying, because it seemed like unless i'd known the person for awhile, that was all anyone thought about me.
the point is, that those "most likely" things are idiotic, and stupid. personally, i think it's more messed up that "bring a weapon to school" was even a catagory than the fact that you won it.
people are idiots, ignore them. don't stop being who you are, and if they ask, make sure you tell them it's fiction, and that you love writing.
if you're totally bothered by this, then maybe don't talk about how much you loved a latest horror movie too much at school, and post your stories anonymously on the internet instead of showing them to people at school.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:04 am
for grade 8, i got most likely to save a puppy from a tree as my lifes greatest acmplishment!! what i would like to know is how the hell did the puppy get in the tree in the first place  

Saireena

O.G. Prophet

Kirbisiscle

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:38 pm
What is actually wrong with writing horror stories and watching them?
You do not harm people with your stories, so what is the problem.
And there are alot of people who are watching horror movies, so the teachers shouldn't make a point out.

Just do your thing and hobbies. These are the things you like and you shouldn't stop that because of people are saying that.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:54 pm
Wow, people are so mean and stupid. Just ignore them. Don't let teachers run your life by telling you what to watch and write. But, if you don't just want to be recognized by your stories, don't show them to the haters; you could maybe limit the showcasing to close friends, family, or even the Internet--there are plenty of writing websites: Take Mibba or DeviantArt for examples, or even right here on Gaia! Just be you. Don't put on a mask around your classmates.

You could also embrace the label: bring a watergun that looks like a real gun and make 'em sorry they voted biggrin  

Ebil Tom4t0

Kaiija

Moonlight Prophet

6,950 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:56 pm

I understand how that feels, I got pegged as the same kind of person in junior high. I was the "animal sacrificer", which really hurt me because I love animals.
Really the best thing to do is know that you aren't what they say, that you're a good person regardless of your interests, and that you're above them for knowing that. That helped me quite a bit.
heart

"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces