Should I give up on it?
  Yes
  no
  You should try harder.
View Results

Tokyo Blood

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:33 am
I have wanted to be a photographer for a long time now
I really like taking Pictures its fun and I love making them look great.
but I was talking to my friend last night and he made it seem like he didn't like any of the pic I take so does that mean that I am not good enough to be come A Photographer?

Tell me what you think they are from newest to oldest.
I have some of ppl also but I did not think they would like me putting them up here.

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:44 am
i'm in no possition to judge your photos (me knowing nothing about professional photography), but i think you have alot of talent in photography.

I really like the one of the leaf, the way the light only hits a part of it seems really artistic.

I said i have no expetese (sp) in photography, does your friend? If he does, hes probably too used to 1st class photos, and if not, who gave him the right to judge your art?

I say keep with it, forcivly make him digest those poorly chosen words.  

Dermoi

QUW00SH

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:59 pm
just cuz ur friend didnt like them doesnt mean they arent any good. r u sure he just didnt like what the picture was of? anywayz, the photos u have here are actually pretty good. tho, they could use some work. have u tried editing them?  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:32 pm
I like those pictures you have up right now, specially that sunset. I don't think you should give. ONE person's opinion isn't the same as everyone else's. You have a lot of talent and potential to be a professional photographer. Don't ever give up on your dream. Chase after it, cause if you don't then you'll lose that part of your life you wanted to have.  

AgentShiny

Shirtless Lover

11,925 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Love Machine 150
  • Champion 300

Tokyo Blood

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:57 pm
@ XxcubezxX
"Yes he did Take classes on it. and thank you for the reply"

@saphire1579 "Some of them I did edit like the train one. and thank you for the reply."

@Shinny71289 "thank you for your reply, I am glad you like the one of the sunset. I could have got a better pic of it I think but my ride home was leaving me. >.<"

thank you all for your reply you helped a lot.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:23 pm
I think with some classes you would be better. But you have a good start in artistic Photography.  

cool4

Buggy Glitch

shani26

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:11 pm
Ok so you can press the click botton in the camera, and it is ok for a family photo but for artistic photo, well, i don't know...
Right now it looks to me you use your eye the same as every one else, you don't try to find new angel, to look at the world difrently. to show poeple what they see in thier on eyes is just half of what there is in the world.
The good news is, you can still learn to do it. take a photo class, take more photo. Try to look at things from other prespective, mybe take a cat prespective or child. Try to be diffrent and it will work out.
I don't much understand in the photo eare, so mybe the best advice would be to ask someone who is in the buisnnes  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:41 pm
If you go into photography you have to remember not everyone is gonna love your photos. You have to be able to take criticism. So should you become a photographer? Do you want people making opinions on your work?  

cool4

Buggy Glitch

Valentine T. Anderson

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:45 pm
I agree with Cool.
Criticism is normal.
Just don't let it shatter your hope.
And believe me...
You're doing better than me. xD

I tried to open the film canister and by the end of class...
I was nicknamed "The Shredder"  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:29 pm
You can't expect people to love your pictures, until you learn to love them yourself...

If you want to be a photographer as badly as you say, then you shouldn't give up on your dream... and if you are ready to just give up that easily, then maybe you aren't good enough.

We can't judge your pictures, only you can.

Ojamagic

TickleMeBreathless

5,550 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:22 pm
I want to become a photographer myself! ^__^ I think your pictures are beautiful - the railroad one I love in particular. Just because one person doesn't like what you've done doesn't mean you should stop. I'm in a similar situation, and let me tell you I just keep going, keep practicing, keep doing what I love.

Keep it up, please. You'd be depriving the world of a great photographer if you quit.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:40 pm
they could use some work...try to keep your finger out of the frame and use the macro setting on your camera. Also invest in a nice DSLR camera.
Point and shoots will not get you far in the business. Also get some photograpy books from the library and read up! Maybe take a few classes. Alot of big-time photographers were not born with the talents they have. Some people are really good naturally but it helps to get some training.

Ive gone to 2 years worth of photography camp and a few classes, i've been published and had a show. Don't give up just yet! It is possible!
3nodding  

Lactose0verdose

Tenmaku

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:50 pm
i love ur pics don't give up if ur unsatisfyed then the only thing 2 do is try harder just do wat u think u should do  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:31 am
I love your pictures! your a great photographer! although may i make a
suggestion? my teacher said that posed pictures are less captive. or people
dont draw to them as much. (this was coming from my journalism teacher
so it might different i dont know) but most of your photos were not posed.
except when someone was holding the floors. the fingers were kind of in
the way from the main focus which i assume was the flowers. but anyway
dont listen to me i dont know much. i think your a great photographer and
you should stick with and ignore your friend. i wish you the best of luck!  

Wildflower-7

Argent Wraith

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:28 pm
Personally, I think your pictures are rather nice and have good potential. I especially like the one with the leaf and the one with the train. ^^

Photography is an art. Since different people have different tastes in art, people are going to criticize your work. If you really want to become a photographer, take a class or two, read some books, keep practicing, take the good with the bad, and just be confident in your work. wink

Might I also suggest a camera with a macro setting for the flowers?  
"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff