Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
Feelings on Gay Marriage? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gay marriage?
  Yay!
  Nay!
View Results

PelicanBlack

Dapper Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:37 am
I think that people should be allowed to be married to whomever they please.. But some people think otherwise..
Any thoughts on it?  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:44 am
I think, people should not be allowed to write in yellow on a white background^^

Sorry, that was a joke. It is just so hard to read.

I think you should marry the person you want to live with forever. Therefore that decision must be chosen well. And for me it does not matter what sex the partners are of.
I also heard that the existence of gay marriages would lower the worth of heterosexual ones. Well I am married, but I don't feel like my relationship is worth less because of gay marriage.

I think a much bigger problem is that people tend to marry very early as if it was a present like a bunch of roses.  

Shenyu

Meina Darkfur

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:45 am
I totally agree, how can any one tell any one else that they can't be married, and receive all the benefits of a legal marriage, based on their sexes, races or backgrounds? And how can one couple's marriage detract from another's?

It seems to me like simply another step in the fight for equal rights that one minority of America or another has been battling practically since we first became a country.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:59 pm
There should be no restrictions when it comes to love. No matter who or how one is, it shouldn't be judged and decided by what the others think, but what they think. If they're homosexuals, and want to get married with the one he/she loves, who am I to care? As long as they're happy, I'm perfectly find with it. Besides, it's not like I'm going to be involved...  

eruthia

The Committee Staff Gaian

AgentShiny

Shirtless Lover

11,925 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Love Machine 150
  • Champion 300
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:06 pm
I agree. People should be able to marry for love. No matter who or what they are. It's not right for someone to tell them they can't marry because "it's not right".  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:48 pm
Phhh...

Let them do whatever they want, I don't care. I don't like gay people that much, but I actually don't hate them. It's more of a peaceful co-existence, as long as they can get along with me.  

Verderbnis

crazyfreak66

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:24 pm
I see no problem with it, but then you get the people that say "it's against God" or "what about the procreation, those 'people' can't have any children", I say that there are enough people in this world that we can deal with a few less kids. If you love someone enough you should be alowed to marry them if you want, the sex doesn't matter.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:42 pm
I see no problem with people being gay. All that matters is that you love the person you're with.  

Nocturne Phantom

Shenyu

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:44 pm
Quote:
I say that there are enough people in this world that we can deal with a few less kids.

Well, actually the problem in most industrial countries is, that too little children are born. So we would need more children, but of course that is no reason to be against gay marriage. I totally agree with you in that point.

Times in which you had to marry when you got pregnant are over. So either gay people get children by adoption or ask others so "fulfill this task" or they do not want children. But that is also a decision a lot of heterosexual pairs do.

So I think, if you have to "punish" people because they do not want children it has to be something that works independent from the sexual preferences^^  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:45 am
There are statistics out there saying that gay couples make excellent and very stable parents. It bothers me a lot that there are more problems with a gay couples adopting then even with them getting married. There certainly is an over abundance of children needing good stable homes and loving parents.

I suppose one hurdle of prejudice must be conquered before the next can.  

Meina Darkfur

formerlyloveleyladylane

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:22 am
Personally I'm not gay, but If you love someone than go for it.

Yea I'm not really cut out for IDT.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:42 am
I honestly agree. Love is love. And if two guys/two girls love each other enough to want to spend the rest of their lives together, why not? I mean alot of people say it's wrong because nature "intended" it to be heterosexual marriages only. In my eyes, the only thing that's important in any relationship is love, not age, sex, race, or anything else.

People say that it's Adam and Eve--not Adam and Steve. Although this is true, and I am a Catholic, doesn't God love us no matter what? (Sorry if you aren't religious--this is just my view on it.) God favors no one and loves all people the same, lesbian, gay, bi, straight, or asexual. So what's the big issue?

Most people today need to grow up---the world is going to change no matter what, and if that involves legalizing people of the same sex loving each other, then so be it. No love should be hindered by a law because the people are of the same sex/ it goes against religion. They need to understand that love has no boundaries, and that includes gender.

And you know, I find this sort of funny--a fourteen-year-old girl telling most adults to grow up. How ironic.

x_hardcore_princess_x

Lenelee

7,950 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:00 pm
I completely agree X4! Orientation doesn't change the fact that love is love. No matter what way you look at it. The self-righteous ones that say it goes against God well...I don't agree. I know that they are born that way and it isn't just some choice. Wake-up one day and say to yourself,"I'm going to be gay!" It doesn't work like that. I believe God wouldn't allow people to be born this way if they were automatically condemned to Hell. Rubbish! Love sees no color lines. Love is blind correct? We don't fall in love with gender or race...but with people as they are. Besides, who needs procreation? There are so many parent less children just waiting to be adopted. heart  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:39 pm
You don't have to like gays to support gay marriage. You just have to accept that they are people too, with feelings, hopes, dreams, and love, and you don't have the right to tell them that they're less than what you are because of who they happen to love and thus they don't deserve certain rights. All human beings deserve the same rights.  

Iconoclast Enthusiast

5,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100

Evan After Death

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:47 am
Gluttony, Greed, Sloth, Lust, Pride, Envy, and Wrath...
Seven Deadly Sins...

Oh my god wow this nearly made my cry seeing all this! But I am 100% YES on gay marriage. I have the right to marry someone! A my best friend Jesse used to say, "I'm all for gay marriage! I say we let them suffer too!" lol he's adorable I love him. But anyway. ((This is actually a bit of a side note)) It's nice to see people who are as kind as the rest of you are.

How many sins does it take to get to the final layer of hell?
The world may soon find out...

"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces