Reply "PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §
My thoughts on Abortion. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sullen Couch

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:18 pm
If Far Right Republicans are so obsessed with stopping abortion, despite Roe v. Wade, mind you, then why is it that they don't care about the rights of the fetus after it's been born, espescially if the child is gay?
does the Republican(radical, mind you) philosophy permit abortion if the fetus has been tested and it turns out, that in a DNA test, the fetus was revealed as having no "defects" except homosexuality?
I have nothing against gay people, note how the word defect was in quotations.

This is just a half-baked thought of mine, what are your opinions?  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:02 am
Your argument is a little weird, but I do agree that some of these people don't give a s**t about what happens to the fetus afterwards. If they really gave a damn about the children, then they'd make sure all of them were taken care of properly. I remember one boy way back in middle school, he was in a foster home in our area for a little while, was so screwed up. He had no social skills, his education was terrible, and he was just being sent from one home to another. I'm pretty sure he was abused (if not physically, then emotionally) because his self-esteem was really low.  

Vertigo_Kiwi

Tipsy Wench

Bible Black Suicide

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:24 pm
I think the mother is more important.

One of the reasons behind judicial activism in roe v wade is that mothers were killing themselves in attempts at at-home abortions.

I believe it is a federal matter and should be left to the state.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:16 pm
Rights have to keep people save from physical and psychological harm, so where is the reason to prevent women to keep their psychological and physical health?

I think women should choose for themselves what happens with their body.  

Verderbnis

Iconoclast Enthusiast

5,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:43 pm
I've pondered this argument before, and it's so true. The people most violently opposed to abortion are also opposed to welfare, women's rights, and equal pay, which can effect the child's environment growing up, and gay rights, which will effect the child if s/he is gay.

-----

And what I think about abortion: if you don't like abortion, don't have one, but don't try to tell others what they can do with own bodies.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:52 pm
Wowzers. eek I am getting a kick out of all of these conversations. I'm just happy to get away from all the high school talks for a while. ^-^

During my earlier years, like... I don't know... my pre-teen years and before that, I was totally against abortion, because a couple of adults taught me that it was like killing a person. Although the sad truth is that it could be considered that, but that all depends on your view of when a person is considered "alive." If a woman is raped, or if a woman becomes pregnant through incest or accidentally, I think it's okay for her to abort.

You could think of it as saving a human being from being exposed to inevitable suffering upon birth. sweatdrop A woman should decide whether or not she should abort. It's her body, and if she isn't willing to take care of a child, then that would only cause the child suffering.

Ra1k1ra_Kakashi SnJ

Lokhen

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:11 am
Abortion is a sin against the law of God "thou shall not kill". Couple must be responsible with their actions. When the baby is born it is the responsibility of the parents or couple or the mother to raise the child.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:12 pm
Um... Well, a embryo may come to be, but it isn't really considered alive yet. Well, actually it depends on one's definition of when a baby is given life. Abortion may be against one's religion, but if the woman was, for example, raped, then she's carrying the child of some sinister jerk. She should be able to decide what to do with her body, but okay...  

Ra1k1ra_Kakashi SnJ

Lokhen

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:37 am
Raikira_Kakashi SnJ
Um... Well, a embryo may come to be, but it isn't really considered alive yet. Well, actually it depends on one's definition of when a baby is given life. Abortion may be against one's religion, but if the woman was, for example, raped, then she's carrying the child of some sinister jerk. She should be able to decide what to do with her body, but okay...

Well in the raped case... I believe she needs counseling.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:59 am
Maybe 'cause once the fetus has grown into a human, they can already decide or think for themselves so I think that's why they don't care anymore ): Unlike when you're still a fetus, you don't have a proper brain yet to say or even think of anything to say. They just want you to live until you can think for yourself and choose whether you live or commit suicide. D:

As for my view about abortion, that's definitely a no-no. I believe that a fetus is already alive, cells moving and multiplying, changing, sucking all you're life energy just like a normal human baby lol.  

ShiCent

Lokhen

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:40 am
ShiCent
Maybe 'cause once the fetus has grown into a human, they can already decide or think for themselves so I think that's why they don't care anymore ): Unlike when you're still a fetus, you don't have a proper brain yet to say or even think of anything to say. They just want you to live until you can think for yourself and choose whether you live or commit suicide. D:

As for my view about abortion, that's definitely a no-no. I believe that a fetus is already alive, cells moving and multiplying, changing, sucking all you're life energy just like a normal human baby lol.

*thumbs up*  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:43 pm
Lokhen
Abortion is a sin against the law of God "thou shall not kill".

In the US we have something called the separation of church and state. You can't base law upon a strictly religious morality. If you think it is immoral, then don't have an abortion. That doesn't mean you can force your religious morality onto others.  

Iconoclast Enthusiast

5,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100

Charlie Dodo

4,750 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:58 am
Lokhen
Abortion is a sin against the law of God "thou shall not kill". Couple must be responsible with their actions. When the baby is born it is the responsibility of the parents or couple or the mother to raise the child.

Does this mean you're a vegetarian? Does this mean you only eat plants that do not need to be killed (fruits and nuts that naturally fall off the trees)? Does this mean that you refuse antibiotics when sick because that would be killing?

There is debate as to the actual translation of any significant passage in the bible. This one is most likely an injunction against murder, as in killing another member of the tribe. Killing animals, people from other tribes and fetuses are not covered in this commandment. After all, the killing animals was required to atone for sins.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:42 pm
Charles Dodo
Lokhen

Does this mean you're a vegetarian? Does this mean you only eat plants that do not need to be killed (fruits and nuts that naturally fall off the trees)? Does this mean that you refuse antibiotics when sick because that would be killing?

Also some people WOULD like to take the responsibility, but CAN'T. Of course people who have their income can easily fulfill this kind of duty, but some others can't because they just don't have enough money to even maintain their lifes properly. Don't tell me "as long as they love their children", there have been a lot of people who died of hunger even if they were loved.  

Verderbnis

Khalida Nyoka
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:06 pm
Abortion is a deliciously frustrating topic.

My personal opinion, which is entirely unenforcable (seeing as I'm a social cynic, I must admit that my opinion/true-feeling would be impossible to implement), is that abortion should be allowed in the case of the child being a danger to the mother or if the pregnancy was from rape.

I have a tough time accepting "Oops, lol. Aborshun tiem." If the pregnancy were accidental, I'd say that both people involved were responsible for it and both need to deal with the situation. If anyone tried to implement my belief, however, you'd just see a lot more rape victims.

In practice, I let people do what they want. I have no way to force my ethos onto other people, and most people would rather live with what's easy than live by any set of morals (strict or not).  
"PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff