Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
WHY NOT REMEBER? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

do you remember?
  yes
  no
  im trying not to
View Results

kavik the wolf demon

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:41 am
REmember 9/11 whare were you when it happened what did you feel like?how did you take it?  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:53 am
A few things, please stick to one or possbily two topics. Don't keep creating one every time you have the same thing to talk about.

As for how I feel, I was fairly young when it happened, and no one I knew was directly or indirectly involved. So it has not affected me much. That day comes and I feel nothing special, to me it's just another day. I know this is not the same for everyone, but that is what I feel and how I take it.

Kazenge

Hilarious Genius

Verderbnis

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:04 pm
It was the start of a new age of terror, I am so terrified, that I don't know where it comes from, if it was really the taliban or by some other "conspirators".

Honestly, I was shocked in first sight, but now in present day I have my doubts if it was really a surprise attack, there are still things which do not fit into the puzzle.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:25 pm
bootom lin eis there still paying for it  

kavik the wolf demon

Dasherfay

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:43 pm
Kazenge
As for how I feel, I was fairly young when it happened, and no one I knew was directly or indirectly involved. So it has not affected me much. That day comes and I feel nothing special, to me it's just another day. I know this is not the same for everyone, but that is what I feel and how I take it.

That is exactly how I feel
I couldn't have said it better

The day has no effect on me except for raising my hate against Bush for keeping the most retarded war in history going for so long

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:29 pm
RayRai_Lover
Kazenge

That is exactly how I feel
I couldn't have said it better

The day has no effect on me except for raising my hate against Bush for keeping the most retarded war in history going for so long

I agree with you both. It has not personally effected me. I do think about it from time to time (not just when I'm told to remember) and am saddened, but I am also enraged by Bush and how he has used as an excuse and a blindfold.

Also, I'm sick of being hit over the head with the flag. I'm sick to death of being told I'm not patriotic if I don't have X amount of flags outside my house or some equally nonsensical gauge. I can remember the tragedy of 9/11 and be patriotic without taking on the appearance of it, so shove it.

What I'm saying is, I don't need someone to tell me how to feel about something, how to show my patriotism, or when to remember a tragedy.  

Iconoclast Enthusiast

5,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100

kavik the wolf demon

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:07 pm
i also hate when people at school think they should get out of school for 9 11 like it sould be a holiday and i did hear kids say that it got me kinda mad so i looked at them and seid we arnt celebrating a tragdy we are remembeing one.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:34 pm
I was in middle school when that happened. I can't say I was really affected by it because I was young and I didn't have people I cared about there. Now it's just another day, but I know I will always remember it. I will probably also always puzzle over it.
As for having a day off school scenerio, I don't think it would be that bad if it were truly used for rememberance, but I suppose the kids at your school weren't thinking that way which is kinda sad...  

Silvie Verisimilitude

Gracious Hunter

6,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conventioneer 300

DvnT

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:26 pm
whare were you when it happened?
I was at daycare, getting ready for the first grade.
what did you feel like?
I don't know, confused, really. I didn't know what was going on, all I was worried about was if I was going to see my "crush" that day.
how did you take it?
I was pretty cool about it really, untill later on when people started blaming it on us [as a country] and I found out who actually did it. Basicly, untill I learned about it.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:39 am
I was at home just after i got off duty that day.
what did you feel like?
I felt my blood literally boil and i remember praying that i would be activated to crush those responsible for such a cowardly attack!
how did you take it?
I was on the war path and was out for Alqaida blood!  

Medic83

5,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250

azrael the reaper_95210

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:22 pm
Ssgt_Alex
what did you feel like?
I felt my blood literally boil and i remember praying that i would be activated to crush those responsible for such a cowardly attack!
how did you take it?

why were you out for alquaida blood? Taliban did it....

remember..... fighting Iraq and fighting Afganistan are two seperate things.
Taliban attacked us, so we fought back.
Iraq was just an excuse to start something else up when the Afganistan hype started to simmer down, so Bush could get re-elected.
a....And we never finished up in Afganistan.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:14 am

I was pretty indifferent to it. I was in school (8th grade) And our morning announcement was interrupted and we were told to turn on our TVs.
I saw the burning buildings, but didn't really get what was going on.
After seeing my classmates and teachers getting so distraught, then people getting sent/taken home early I was told that there were a lot of people in the building.
I was just hoping they got out okay, but I really wasn't phased too much. Guess I still didn't understand until I got home...

Rikku Takarai Too

Medic83

5,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:49 pm
azrael the reaper
Ssgt_Alex
what did you feel like?
how did you take it?

why were you out for alquaida blood? Taliban did it....

remember..... fighting Iraq and fighting Afganistan are two seperate things.
Taliban attacked us, so we fought back.
Iraq was just an excuse to start something else up when the Afganistan hype started to simmer down, so Bush could get re-elected.
a....And we never finished up in Afganistan.

Alquida sponsored those responsible for the 9/11 attacks. As for Iraq we should have turned that country into a giant parking lot in 1990 during desert storm. Afghanistan needs to be conquered and garrisoned until the Afghans can rule on their own. As for president elect obama, I will not re enlist while he is Commander in chief! He has no military service and i wouldn't go into combat with him as C.I.C.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:56 pm
maybe we should've, but going after them when we were still in the middle of dealing with Afganistan was not a good idea.
And i dont see why you wouldn't re inlist. What, you dont want to help finish up this mess?  

azrael the reaper_95210

Medic83

5,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:38 pm
azrael the reaper
maybe we should've, but going after them when we were still in the middle of dealing with Afganistan was not a good idea.
And i dont see why you wouldn't re inlist. What, you dont want to help finish up this mess?

I would love to re enlist but like i said i wont re enlist with obama as C.I.C. He has no military service and in my book that should be a prerequisite to be president.  
"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff