Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
Abortion Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

01Bunny

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:59 pm
Yes, I went and started a topic on the discussion of abortion. So give your views...

I think people who say they're 'Pro-Abortion' are little crazy. we talked about this in class, on how a doctor (even if the baby is due in two weeks) has to do the abortion or they loose their liscense.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:56 pm
I was born and raised catholic, and for the longest time i was anti abortion. As for how i feel now i feel that it should only be allowed to save the mothers life. A couple of possible exceptions would be in cases of rape and incest.

Plus doctors take the hypocratic oath and swear to do no harm.  

Medic83

5,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250

Dylanthevyllan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:51 pm
In the word's of Jay, "A woman's body is her own ******** buisness!" (Quoted from Dogma)  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:01 pm
Agree with the post above me.  

a scawy ghost

Lunariia

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:36 pm
well im not pro nor against, i think that if the girl was stupid she needs to keep it and later give it up for adoption if she wants but if the baby will cause the mother harm, pregnant by rape, or the baby might come out extremely ill and no down syndrome does not count, then yes she should have the rigth to chose if she wants to keep the baby! biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:12 pm
i say its okay in earlier stages or the pregnancy, before the kid's formed much.

but not in later stages, when it has formed quite a bit.

if they didn't want the kid, they had more than enough time to choose abortion long before it has formed much. if they aint got it gone after the first few months, then too bad for them....

only exception to this is in terms of disease or something, which would put mother and/or child in danger.  

azrael the reaper_95210

Iconoclast Enthusiast

5,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:46 am
I think it's completely up to the woman. It's between the woman and her doctor and it's none of my business to tell her what to do with her body.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:13 am
It isn't completely up to the woman. It is a decision that should be made carefully between both parents. That being said, there should be the right to choose. Government shouldn't have the ability to mandate every aspect of our lives.  

Unilover07

Labradorescence

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:49 am
I am against abortion. The baby is a person, too. People seem to forget that. The only time I think abortion is okay is if having the baby would kill the mother, or if the baby is going to die anyway from a birth defect or something. With rape and incest it's not the baby's fault that that happened, and there's still a good chance the child will turn out okay. If a mother doesn't want her child she should put it up for adoption. There are plenty of people who do want it.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:30 pm
I see no reason a woman should be forced to use her body as life support for a fetus. This is as someone who has seen the torment that parents and child are put through when an unwanted life is brought into this world. Better by far to die unborn that to live with people who resent you simply for existing.  

Charlie Dodo

4,750 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

Unilover07

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:49 pm
NightOceanGirl221
I am against abortion. The baby is a person, too. People seem to forget that. The only time I think abortion is okay is if having the baby would kill the mother, or if the baby is going to die anyway from a birth defect or something. With rape and incest it's not the baby's fault that that happened, and there's still a good chance the child will turn out okay. If a mother doesn't want her child she should put it up for adoption. There are plenty of people who do want it.

This would work except there are so many restrictions on adoption, it makes it very difficult for a lot of these people to do it. Why add more children to the system? Also, don't you think it scars some of these children that they weren't wanted by their parents? I know a lot of adopted kids with a complex over this.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:48 pm
If someone isn't smart enough to use protection (and yes I'm excluding rape for the moment) then they should go through with the pregnany, and if they don't want it, put it up for adoption. A baby, at any point, is a life, whether it's sentient or not doesn't matter. Abortion should only be put into affect if the mother or child would die from the pregnancy.
As for rape, I know that's a completely differant subject and, having never experianced it, have no right to a point of view. Though I believe that if it ever did happen to me, I'd keep the kid or at least put it up for adoption.  

Katsura Zanshin

Eloquent Fatcat

11,725 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200

AninOnin

Newbie Prophet

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:21 am
I'm going to say, abortion is only acceptable when the mother is either:
- Raped
- Dying

Or if the baby will have a painful disease and can't live very long. Or they have Tay-Sachs.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:28 am
Charles Dodo
I see no reason a woman should be forced to use her body as life support for a fetus. This is as someone who has seen the torment that parents and child are put through when an unwanted life is brought into this world. Better by far to die unborn that to live with people who resent you simply for existing.

If you're insinuating that your parents consider you "unwanted life" and they "resent you simply for existing", you need to reevaluate your outlook on life. I'm sorry, but feeling sorry for yourself is not going to help.  

AninOnin

Newbie Prophet

Unilover07

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 3:51 pm
AninOnin
Charles Dodo

If you're insinuating that your parents consider you "unwanted life" and they "resent you simply for existing", you need to reevaluate your outlook on life. I'm sorry, but feeling sorry for yourself is not going to help.

Are you denying that there are parents out there who do resent their children's existence? Check the child abuse statistics. Also, once again, many children put up for adoption believe that there's something wrong with them/they're "unlovable".  
"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff