Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
Whoop-Da-F*******-Do...-_- Obama won.. Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are you happy with the outcome?
  yes
  no
View Results

Shining_Tears648

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:27 pm
~_~;Ugh..Obama is our new president..328 electorial votes...  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:48 pm
Last I saw, it was 311 votes.  

Deppfan

Dasherfay

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:56 pm

The ending was:
Obama: 349
McCain: 156
...I think

Just goes to show America is ready for a little more change lol

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:35 pm
Whoo!!!
IMO

orgasmic_whatsit

sugarynsweetapplepie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:33 am
Well Obama chose a hard time to become president, since we're all in this financial crisis and America's in a pretty bad recession.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:43 am
sugarynsweetapplepie
Well Obama chose a hard time to become president, since we're all in this financial crisis and America's in a pretty bad recession.

yeah, and i saw hannity from fox news (fair and balanced, my foot!!!) trying to blaim our bad economy on obama!!! he claimed something along the lines of "once it became really appearent that obama was going to win, the economy started going bad".

but that sort of went against what he was lying/claiming earlier on. all the way up to the election, he kept insisting that it was a close race and mcCain stood a chance (he didnt of course). And we know the economy went bad long before the election. so then, he should make up his mind: was it appearent obama was gonna win (yes it definatly was), or was it a very very close race (no way)?  

azrael the reaper_95210

G0d_0f_R0ck

5,700 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:14 am
i think it is a good thing obama one we've finally got some fresh blood in the white house he's young and from what i've seen the younger u r the more ambitious u r and i think that what we need right now is an ambitiuos inventive president  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:00 am
I may need to check my facts, but I think Lincoln invented stuff, so that's pretty inventive right there.

But honestly, Obama's victory shows that whatever was wrong with our society, someone FIXED IT.  

Mad Haru

Lus-cloud

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:59 am
I'm not from America, so I can't judge so much anyway.

How ever I do think its a good change. It was either him or a woman. America isn't ready for a woman, but they are ready for change.

All positive people  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:48 am
azrael the reaper_95210

but that sort of went against what he was lying/claiming earlier on. all the way up to the election, he kept insisting that it was a close race and mcCain stood a chance (he didnt of course). And we know the economy went bad long before the election. so then, he should make up his mind: was it appearent obama was gonna win (yes it definatly was), or was it a very very close race (no way)?
I'm living with false hope

And my eyes just want to see a ray of light

I'm gonna find it in my fairy tale...

Do you realize how many of his supporters wouldn't have voted if they didn't think it was so close? A lot. So he pretty much had to say it.

LavenderMintRose

Cheery Sweetheart

mothfurry

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:10 pm
FYI.... Hes NOT the first black pres. Hes bi-racial. Just saying. I think his dad was white. Oh did you hear his speech? We saw it at our school. Two things cracked me up- when he promised to execute lolz, and when he was talking about ending coruption he said something like "We must do our buisness in the public light". Think about it...... rofl blaugh 4laugh  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:21 pm
when electing a president it is suposed to be about who is the better man. But this race was about who was the blacker man. How many people think that mcain is black, not me. people voted for obama for the wrong reasons  

HellCatMurasame

2,250 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Master Azrael Reaper

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:22 am
party hat 12
when electing a president it is suposed to be about who is the better man. But this race was about who was the blacker man. How many people think that mcain is black, not me. people voted for obama for the wrong reasons

well thats the case for some people sure, just as some voted for mccain simply because obama was a black guy. but there were plenty of his supporters who chose him because they actually believed in him. Thats why I supported him, and I still do. He is doing a fine job. Definatly better than McCain would have done.......  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:08 am
Actually, Snowy Solstice, it's the other way around.
His dad was Kenyan.  

Sullen Couch

flavored pencils

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:44 pm
who doesn't like obama?!?  
"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items