Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
Curiosity Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

IS curiosity a gift or a curse?
  gift
  curse
  both
View Results

Starstruck Rainbow

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:21 am
Is curiosity a gift or a curse in your eyes?

In mine... it's both. It's great because you find out all this weird stuff that makes you look like a total genius. On the other hand... it gets you into trouble.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:11 pm
Curiosity in a learning sense is not a bad thing at all, I am very curious of new things to learn. Being too curious with people is not good in my eyes, because it makes you interest for stuff in which you really shouldn't stick your nose.  

Verderbnis

Egrus Dam

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:24 am
I say both, but to me it's okay because I like to pester people even if I know I'll get into trouble! xd
Obviously, that's when the topic is light-hearted... I'll ask about serious stuff only if I'm sure to not hurt the person in question sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:45 am
Curiosity killed the cat.
Satisfaction brought him back.

Being the curious person that I am, have often found myself getting into trouble because of my curiosity.. However, it has answered a lot of questions I might have been better off not knowing the answers to.

But.. if you think of all of the great inventors.. had they not have been curious we wouldn't have electricity or some of the other things we take so much for granted.

So yeah.. being curious has it's place. It's knowing when to be and when not to be.. That is the question. smile  

Jashana

turtlegirl100

Omnipresent Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:12 pm
I think it is both a curse and gift. Being curious enables you to learn new things, and be overall, more intelligent. But at the same time, when you get too curious, you may get injured mentally or physically. You just have to decide for yourselft.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:54 pm
I would it's both a gift and a curse. It's a gift in that, without it, you will never learn or grow as a person. At the same time, it's a curse because it can lead you into dangerous situations or it may lead to stick your nose where it doesn't belong.  

Iconoclast Enthusiast

5,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100

Timeus1er

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:17 am
I think it's difficult...Curiosity is good and bad...so...both^^  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:47 pm

it's hard to say where the line is, to tell where curiosity goes from being a gift to being a curse. sure it can help us with things, but it can also get us into situations that would be better if we had left well alone. so yes it is good, but it's also a bad thing.  

Twisting_Shadows18

Esme Eames

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:36 pm
It can be both. It can help you learn and it can hinder the process because you get distracted when you find something need to investigate. It can get you into trouble.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:34 pm
i think its both too cause it goes with the old saying "curiouity killed the cat" too much curiouity can get us into alot of trouble but on the other hand it can lead into a whole new experiences which can either be good or bad depending on the situation..but its natural to have some curiousity cause all humans are curious at some point in their lives  

Ms Jenna_ Lee

3,000 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Consumer 100

PelicanBlack

Dapper Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:06 pm
Depending on the situation, it could help you figure things out, or you could get in trouble for being nosy.. Either way, curiosity is curiosity and it will always be there. *shrug*  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:20 am
User Image

]|[ -----oOo----- ]|[

Curiosity is like an addiction, you may be addicted to learn things and gain knowledge from it. And that's a gift. On the other hand, it may be a curse, because curiosity may lead to a neurological problem of some sort. Like being too curious about stuffs that you shouldn't be meddling with, and you'll get yourself and other people in troubles often. XD

]|[ -----oOo----- ]|[

*´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·`*ELYSIS*

Witch Silhouette

Dangerous Seeker

9,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • Friendly 100

FullMetal_Heigai

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:23 pm
i would have to say both too, because a lot of the time you do find out stuff you wouldnt have known but not all the time that stuff is good.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:56 am
In my thoughts my curiosity can and almost got me killed in some occasions.So i call it a gift and a curse at the same time.It's a gift for me because if i had no curiosity i'd never have met the one i fell in love with...  

the greatest wizard

Yreduasp

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:43 pm
I, as so many others before, believe that it is both a gift and a curse as are most non material things.

The gift part is because you can find out the most interesting things, it stops you from getting bored too often and it can be a motivator.

The curse part because not all knowledge brings happiness, can lead to trouble and harm.

"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff