Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

beautiful expression

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:07 pm
LOL
I'm not ugly.
I'm not that stupid.
I've been told that I have a great smile.
People tell me I'm funny.
I'm outspoken and unpredictable.
AND...
I've never been asked out before.
Some how I'm okay with that.
I'm sixteen and haven't had a first kiss before.
I'm okay with that.
What I'm not okay with is people constantly telling me that I have to go out with someone.
Don't get me wrong romance is awosome, but I like reading it in books or watching it on TV, or in movies.
If people thought that high school romance is amazing why do they always end up breaking up and hurting each other?
But I've never had that experience so I wouldn't know.
So is anyone out there thinking the same thing? biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:27 pm
Yeah I'm with ya there.

I've only just recently been "put in the game" of dating but before I never EVER was even considered more than a friend to guys and I was fine with that. Then again I am only 14 so I guess waiting a few years helped.
When the right one comes, you'll know. Just the same advice you gave me razz I remember before when no one was asking me out yet, all my friends were asking me when I was gonna ask a guy out. So, to end all their fussing and gossip I made up a fake guy and said we were going out xD It got them to shut up about the whole get a boyfriend get a life thing.  

ALEX you l o s e r

Kiradalia

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:01 am
Heh! Oh yeah! I've had the same problem! This boy in my school REALLY likes me and a bunch of people from the club we go to obviously notice this. They keep asking, "Did you say yes, yet?" or "Has he asked you out, finally?!" And a lot of other people are bothering me about that one guy I posted that topic about...I almost want to make up a fake guy...That'll get everyone off my back...but then I'll feel bad about that guy that likes me a lot...

By the by, I'm sixteen and I've never been on a date that could actually be classified as a date, either! And considering I was twelve or so when I got my last kiss, does that really apply as being a kiss? So, in a way, I've never been kissed, too...So you're not alone. biggrin ...But that's definitely not a bad thing! It makes life more simple, yes? I just figure that if I start dating, it'll happen in time, so there's no point in messing with it.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:42 pm
I'm not exactly feeling the same way.. but. But I understand, romance is not everything in life. Because love can break you heart as easily as breaking a twig. Love in books is so incredibly fantastic! But don't forget that most of the time stories like those don't happen. Therefore you can't only read those novels.

On the other hand, you need to live life have an adventure or two. Just don't forget that. wink

roses_diamonds

Phantasmagoric_001

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:53 pm
I know how you feel you just need to think about what roses said. live life with no regrets. that's kinda what high school is for: experiences
I've had a lot more fun since i started thinking about that  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:27 pm
Yeah, I feel the same way. I've had a couple of boyfriends...sorta...but nothing that was really serious. Then I stopped dating, cause I wanted to find someone I actually liked a lot. Now my friends keep bugging me about it and saying I don't have a life. I hate that to have a life, I have to have a bf, I find it ridiculous. So don't worry, you'll start dating when you're ready and find the right guy.

I can't make up a fake guy, my friends know me too well. lol  

Katsura Zanshin

Eloquent Fatcat

11,725 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200

f ii o r e ll a

4,000 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:49 am
No-one has asked me out either, well, one has but I don't want that guy to be counted. I used to wonder why though (asking me out thing), the same as you wonder, because I knew that I wasn't 'ugly' and people did tell me I have a nice smile too (maybe because I rarely smiled). But I knew why no guy (I actually liked) has asked me out...it was because I was shy. I'm sort of glad that these guys at my school are judging people by their personality rather than their looks, which I find surprising =) .
None of my friends have ever told me to go out with someone but what I find annoying is that they brag on about their boyfriends a lot.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:20 pm
holy crap thats almost me exactly exept i did have one girlfriend once but se didn't do so much as hold hands oh and im a guy  

G0d_0f_R0ck

5,700 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Havoc Fury Magnus

Aged Spirit

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:09 pm
I don't think there is anything wrong. My mom thinks i need to date and my brother thinks I'm weird or there is something wrong with me. It's just I have no interest in that sort of thing, even though I'm 24 and never been kissed, its fine with me.

I say your normal its just not your time or put in a better way, you know when your ready for dates and stuff. ENJOY YOUR YOUTH!! being single is fun.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:01 pm
I didn't have a "boyfriend" until my Junior year of high school. And it was more of a friends thing anyways. I mean, we never did anything besides hold hands and hug. Then after that, I didn't have another boyfriend for over a year. We didn't kiss until the day after my 19th b-day. Skipped every other "base" between that and home run. Bad breakup. Didn't get to experience a lot of the in-between things until the guy I'm with now. He's more of a boyfriend than I've ever had. I'm 23 now. Late start on things too.  

Deppfan

SeraphimDoll

8,850 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:13 am
I don't put too much stock in high school relationships. Like you said, most of them end in heartbreak anyway, and (no offense) most people of that age group aren't really mature enough for a serious relationship of any kind, they merely think they are.

Anyway. I didn't get my first kiss until grade 11, not too long before I turned 17. And really, now I wish I'd never kissed that boy. It was a sloppy, messy affair that only taught me I didn't like slobbery kissers who engulf your mouth with theirs >.<

Have you tried telling your friends to just chill, that you are fine how you are and don't ned a boyfriend to validate your life?  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:50 pm
I had my first boyfriend when I was sixteen. But the thing is I never WANTED a boyfriend. It just sort of happened one day. All I really wanted was a date to prom. We broke up yes, but we were just too different, and yet too the same all at once. However highschool romances don't always end in pain. As i'm 20, and i'm sitting in our room(with the boy who I dated in high school after the first one). If that's what your worried about don't be if your just happy being single, then you'll probably be like me and just land in a relationship without even trying. My mother's highschool sweet hearts there were 3...the first her parents made her break up with, the second she got pregant with got married to, and then had another child with. And the third she was apart from for a while, but is married to now. not all high school romances are as cliche as they say  

revampedfallenangel

1,200 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250

Seergirl

6,150 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:30 pm
I haven't had a boyfriend, and I'm about to turn 17. But I'm fine with it, but I was stalked in 8th grade and that was freaky because people thought my stalker was cute. xp  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:22 pm
High School loves can hurt but I think that they are sometimes worth all the hurt! So I don't think that if your scared of getting hurt that you shouldn't date. Because the truth is that even out of high school the hurt can still happen.  

mara love queen

hikari megumi 15

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:20 am
Don't worry! Same thing with me! 3nodding

I'm 16teen.
Never been kissed yet.
Had one boyfriend in my life.
Def. NOT ugly for sure.
Exercise everyday.

You don't need to go out with that person if you're pressured.
For me, lots of my friends would tell me to at least try to go out with one of the guys. Actually, I'm just picky. (lol) But I found the guy I love (OMG. I can't believe I said this)...I just can't seem to find him. Although, I hope to see him in college class. I'm going to his graduation.

High school romance IS amazing. haha. Sometimes relationships just doesn't work out that well even though people thought it will. My friend has been with her boyfriend since 2007-2009, which seems like long years together.  
"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff