Reply "PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §
2012 Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

last angel served

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:26 pm
do you actually believe the world will end on 2012?

I think the Mayan calendar stopped there because just like today we can only predict so far into the future in other words they just couldn't plan any more ahead.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:22 pm
Personally, I thnk they just got lazy, regarding the calender.

Nice avatar, by the way.  

Sullen Couch

last angel served

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:30 pm
Sullen Horror
Personally, I thnk they just got lazy, regarding the calender.

Nice avatar, by the way.

thanks ^^ and valid point after predicting hundreds of years I would have given up too  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:12 am
They just did not have enough space left on their calendar stone. -____-  

Verderbnis

Mekami-Sama

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:06 pm
I think the calender maker simply got tired of making calenders.

HOWEVER; there are more than just that that predicts 2012. For example, Nostradamus (I hope I spelled that right). He said that the world would end in 2012, and he was definitely not part of the Mayan culture. How would two different people know the year of the end of the world so far apart in time and in totally different parts of the world?  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:06 pm
Croutonic Sarcasm

HOWEVER; there are more than just that that predicts 2012. For example, Nostradamus (I hope I spelled that right). He said that the world would end in 2012, and he was definitely not part of the Mayan culture. How would two different people know the year of the end of the world so far apart in time and in totally different parts of the world?

dumb luck I gues  

last angel served

demon child me

7,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:21 am
Hmm...I predict that nothing will happen...and that alone will scare people the most. Then people wll cause the ends themselves. It makes sense, the old saying, "There is nothing to fear but fear itself."  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:27 am
RSD hollow
Croutonic Sarcasm

dumb luck I gues

How many people had cornflakes for breakfast last morning?

There's a lot of stuff said to be predicted by Nostradamus. The last thing I heard taking him as a valid source was Armageddon 2000.

Dude, that stupid Armageddon was really annoying it announced itself with big words and left everything unfinished.  

Verderbnis

babipari

8,300 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:37 am
heart HEY U NEVER KNOW WHAT MIGHT HAPPEN. I THINK IT WILL INTERESTING TO SEE WHAT 2012 HAS INSTORE FOR US. I'D LIKE TO BELIEVE THAT NOTHING'S GONNA HAPPEN. MY SISTER AND HER BF HAVE BEEN CHATTING A LOT LATELY ABOUT THIS SUBJECT.
heart  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:43 am
Verderbnis
RSD hollow
Croutonic Sarcasm

dumb luck I gues

There's a lot of stuff said to be predicted by Nostradamus. The last thing I heard taking him as a valid source was Armageddon 2000.

Dude, that stupid Armageddon was really annoying it announced itself with big words and left everything unfinished.

who knows maby the events of 2000 kicked off a 12 year plan that ultamatly ends the world,
but also know that their is no such thing as luck many would say, it is fate. and also many things that nostradomis(sp) has predicted has came similar to events, like one of his predictions is similar to the world trait centers being blown up(and i did say similar so you cant rule this argument soley on that))  

idiotic randomness

Verone Devlin

4,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:45 am
You never know, our sun is a dying star...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:42 pm
dreams into nights yami
Verderbnis
RSD hollow
Croutonic Sarcasm

dumb luck I gues

who knows maby the events of 2000 kicked off a 12 year plan that ultamatly ends the world,
but also know that their is no such thing as luck many would say, it is fate. and also many things that nostradomis(sp) has predicted has came similar to events, like one of his predictions is similar to the world trait centers being blown up(and i did say similar so you cant rule this argument soley on that))

It's called a self fullfilling prophecy.

I could also make a general statement like "You will see a lot of people in red shoes, during the next days." And you will see a lot of people in red shoes, because you start to focus on the peoples feet and recognise all the red shoes more than shoes in other colors.

I could also say "In a few months you will witness something unbelievable."  

Verderbnis

Lady Lissalynn

King Strawberry

15,475 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:54 pm
I highly doubt the world's going to end. It's just the end of the mayian calendar. I think it will be lil another era, or something how there was B.C and A.D...Maybe it will be something different. I don't know but I really don't think it's going to end.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:54 am
no.
its jsut a theory when the wrold ends because of Fringe - tv show. God is the only one who knows.

he could end it now..
in 5 seconds..
ni a week...
a month..
so on so forth.

dont worry when the world will end- you wont fullfill your potentionals.  

Lovely Melted Crayons

Intelife

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:58 pm
Verone Devlin
You never know, our sun is a dying star...

Sure, a dying star with about another 5 billion years on it's clock.

color_me_lovely
no.
its jsut a theory when the wrold ends because of Fringe - tv show. God is the only one who knows.

he could end it now..
in 5 seconds..
ni a week...
a month..
so on so forth.

dont worry when the world will end- you wont fullfill your potentionals.

mmm, let's not make this a religious thing, shall we?

As for my own idea, I think that 2012 will be simply a new beginning, since the Mayan calendar, which everyone loves to comment on, simply marks a cycle, and when the calendar reaches 1/1/1 again (basically, not actually), or maybe 0/0/0, whichever you prefer, there will be essentially a reset of ideas.

One thing that's just as plausible as the next that popped into my head just now: we could very well be visited/contacted by an extra terrestrial life form in some manner. not saying it's good or bad, but still. maybe the god Quetzalcoatl is simply an interstellar visitor who told the Mayans when he'd be back. like we'd know, nobody's deciphered enough of the Scripts, and those a*****e conquistadors had to go and burn all their books...  
"PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff