Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
Twlight- Some things needs explaining: Please? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lus-cloud

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:05 pm
Yes, I'm talking about the Vampire book series.

Some things i can understand in it, but others i can not. What i really want to discuse is how on earth can a vampire and a human have a baby?

How do the mechanics of it work?

Edit: This is more about How edward can reproduce than Bella, also how does the chromosome work?  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:52 pm
(I dunno if this really belongs in this thread. I mean, just how "intelligent" is Twilight afterall?)

I guess it would depend on the type of vampire. I mean, every author makes up their own rules pretty much. Like Anne Rice's vamps... they don't really need sex at all. The blood is so much more powerful and intimate. Laurell K. Hamilton's vampires have human sexual appetites, but because they are dead, it is rare for them to be able to concieve. I don't quite remember, but I think that offspring could only result from a human female and a vampire male because for some reason, the females lose their abiltiy to carry a child but the males do not lose their viriltiy completely. It's very rare, but still technically possible.

Now, Stephanie Meyer's vampires are just weird in every sense. They don't die at dawn, they don't sleep, they can go out in the sun (and to top it off, they ....sparkle. So, somehow, like LKH's vamps, the males are able to reproduce, but not females. I believe it was explained in the book that since female vamps are technically dead, their bodies cannot go through the changes that occur for reproduction and the development of a fetus.  

Deppfan

Lus-cloud

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:54 am
I know what you mean about twilight being "intelligent", but I thought i need some intelligent people to answer my question, Hence why its here.

I understand the female mechanics of it, but not the male.

Thanks for your help anyway.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:20 am
The stork brings them  

Verderbnis

rejsmiddy

Lonely Healer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:29 pm
The male does not need to be able to change or grow to produce sperm. That's the way she puts it. Except, not in those words.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:01 pm
mmk. Thank you guys for all your help.

Slightly less confused, but still confused. Oh well  

Lus-cloud

Deppfan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:33 pm
I think we're all still confused on one level or another. Personally, I don't think vampires should be able to reproduce at all... they're dead, for Jebus' sake!  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:05 pm
Yeah, it really amounts to "because Stephanie Meyer said so".... every fantasy/sci-fi/horror series has their own set of canon laws of the universe determined by the author...

Following the question of how can Bella and Edward have a child comes the question of why are only male hybrids poisonous?  

Areliana

Rainbow Fairy

10,700 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Pieversity 200

ll Azul ll

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:41 am
You must be joking, they can cuz they're the same spiece's. Vampires where humans once so yeah, they just got some magic into em' and nothing else.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:43 pm
I don't know how to put it. I'll try, though.

I think when [Isa]Bella and Edward had their baby Reneesme, she became half human, half vampire. Probably because she was born of Bella's human womb, and she got her genetics, half and half, from both her parents.

Your question is, "How can a human and a vampire have a baby?" right?
I think when Bella and Edward "mated" that's how she got pregnant - it's sort of like how human women get pregnant after having sex.

At least, that what I think.

xdearpanda

6,550 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200

Deppfan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:54 pm
ninjaangel14
I don't know how to put it. I'll try, though.

I think when [Isa]Bella and Edward had their baby Reneesme, she became half human, half vampire. Probably because she was born of Bella's human womb, and she got her genetics, half and half, from both her parents.

Your question is, "How can a human and a vampire have a baby?" right?
I think when Bella and Edward "mated" that's how she got pregnant - it's sort of like how human women get pregnant after having sex.

At least, that what I think.

Well yes, but that's beyond the point here. I believe what people are confused about is how it could happen if he is a vampire. Vampires are dead. So how can something that is dead reproduce?  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:45 pm
This is how it works.

See, when you become a vampire, your body is stuck in the state it is forever.

When a girl becomes one, they can't become pregnant because it'd change their body. However, guys... well, they can always "reproduce" after some point.

So since Bella is still a human, her body can change, and Edward didn't HAVE to change to have the kid, so... yeah.  

Lewn

mara love queen

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:47 pm
In the book the girl vampires bodies do not change. Which women need to in order to have a child. Stephanie Meyer NEVER says that the MEN cannot have women. We as readers just ASSUM she meant that. But we must remember the first book when Bella is doing research on vampires. One myth says That THE MEN can have children. Readers just over looked it! But she never actually says that a male vampire can't have children. She just says that the WOMEN can't. So many assumed that men couldn't either. But as we read we find out they can!  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:35 pm
well, how exctly does a vampire "get it up"? I mean, a normal person had blood rushing into the veins in the "unit" to make it hard. but since vampires do not produce blood anymore, instead drinking it from others to keep themselves going, then I dont see how they can carry the blood to it, without having first feasted on a lot of blod. and what girl wants to "get it on" right after the guys been slaughtering ppl?

and secondly, how exactly can they produce the semin anyway, since their body is dead and does not produce it......?  

Master Azrael Reaper

Starstruck Rainbow

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:10 am
Bella acually explains this in the book. Female vampires cannot have babies because thier bodies need to change in order to do so. However their bodies do not change. Males bodies don't need to change for reproduction. So neither do the male vampires. Bella's body can still change because she is still human, therefor giving her the ability to have babies. Then the genes come in to make the baby half vampire and half human.  
"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff