Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "PPP" Peoples' Pokemon Place
ATTN: People that want to purchase Pokemon Platinum (events) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nadian
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:49 am
There are dates for two new pokemon events, both happening at Toys-R-Us. These events correspond to the Japanese movie 11 events, much like Deoxys and Darkrai were for the 10th movie.

The acquisition of these event pokemon may be very important for you, even if you already have them. (Leaving aside the incredibly high possibility that they'll be holding event-only berries.) These event-only pokemon will allow access to aspects of Pokemon Platinum that will be otherwise unavailable.

Shaymin is the most important of the two. This event-given Shaymin will allow you to acquire the Gracidea Flower key item. This flower that will allow you to transform Shaymin into his Sky Forme. A Shaymin caught in-game will be unable to do this. The Shaymin Event will occur in participating Toys R Us stores from Feb 8th to Feb 14th. (One week.)

The event-given Regigigas will allow you to capture Regirock, Regice, and Registeel in Pokemon Platinum. A non-event Regigigas won't do this. This Regigigas Event will occur in participating Toys R Us stores from March 8th to March 21st. (Two weeks.)

The basic reason that only these event-only pokemon will do this is because they have the special event-only ribbon, the Classic Ribbon. (If I'm remembering the research correctly.) The Classic Ribbon also makes it impossible to trade these pokemon via the Global Trade Station, meaning you won't be able to trade for these pokemon that way.

These events are going to be available for a good amount of time so be sure to find an opportunity to stop by. smile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:30 pm
but...
it says that the game won't be released into the US until March 22.

These events will be reachable with Diamond correct?  

wellwisher
Vice Captain

Nadian
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:39 pm
wellwisher
but...
it says that the game won't be released into the US until March 22.

These events will be reachable with Diamond correct?

Correct, these are meant to be Diamond & Pearl events. These pokemon will be given out before the release of Platinum, but they unlock Platinum content, therefore it's important that you to know in-advance that you want them. 3nodding (Or even why you'd want them.)  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:55 pm
Then all is good in the world.
That Regigigas will net me...5 more legends. 1 for itself, 3 for the regis, and one for the unlocked Regigigas from Platinum.
and the Shaymin will get me 2 total dex entries, one in Diamond, and one in Platinum (unless Sky Form has a different entry since it has different moves and different stats, an extra type and a different appearance)  

wellwisher
Vice Captain

Thiinka

Magnetic Friend

8,600 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:18 pm
I know, I can't wait for it. =3
And I'm gonna dowload them with my Dia. and Pea. =D And since my friend's birthday party is gonna be near a Toys "R" Us on the 8th, I'm going early to get 'em. I even taped up a remind-me note on the mirror in my bathroom. =D  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:18 am
Haven't actually finished the event. I went and got the Shamin, but I haven't loaded it up to get it into my G4 legends box.  

wellwisher
Vice Captain

Goddess Lia

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:29 pm
ARG!! i miss the shaymin EVENT. This can't be, all because i didn't look at the updates during that week.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:08 pm
Goddess Lia
ARG!! i miss the shaymin EVENT. This can't be, all because i didn't look at the updates during that week.

Fortunately, in the Japanese version of Pokemon Platinum, they've been distributing events via Wi-Fi. They've given us the item to acquire Darkrai in-game ; I think in March they'll give away the item to get Shaymin. 3nodding

This might mean another chance...  

Nadian
Crew

wellwisher
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:42 pm
Nadian
Goddess Lia

Fortunately, in the Japanese version of Pokemon Platinum, they've been distributing events via Wi-Fi. They've given us the item to acquire Darkrai in-game ; I think in March they'll give away the item to get Shaymin. 3nodding

This might mean another chance...
for the people with a Japanese version you mean.
There's no guarantee for us regular folk.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:01 pm
xp well will have to see what happens  

Goddess Lia

Gingeria

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:22 am
I'm not sure if the event will reach Canada though.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:12 pm
Yeah, it's quite harsh outside of Japan and the US. confused  

Nadian
Crew

KingJack!

5,850 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:30 pm
Wait a minue, "in-game Shaymin?" From what you're implying, you can get a Shamin for free in Platinum.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:37 pm
KingJack!
Wait a minue, "in-game Shaymin?" From what you're implying, you can get a Shamin for free in Platinum.
sounds like from the japanese platinum. (or more accurately, the "Oak's Letter" Shaymin.)  

wellwisher
Vice Captain

Goddess Lia

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:18 am
From today i start finishing paying of Platinum lol since i i'm currently broke from paying two copies of HaloWars LE lol which means i will be glued to the box for a few days till platinum comes out  
"PPP" Peoples' Pokemon Place

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff