Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "SPS" Strictly Polls Specifically!
Should It Be Legalized? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Should pot be legalized?
  Yes!
  No!
  I really don't care.
  I care, but I'm undecided.
View Results

Trixie in Wonderland

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:31 pm
Should pot be legalized, and why do you think so?  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:40 pm
Awe, it looks like no one cares. blaugh  

Trixie in Wonderland

boopsie girl

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:25 am
I care....yes pot should be made to put in the pharmacy....when I had cancer that was the only thing that kept me from starving myself to death...as far as using it for fun...I don't know...we as a country love to abuse anything and everything.... neutral  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:34 am
williesue16
I care....yes pot should be made to put in the pharmacy....when I had cancer that was the only thing that kept me from starving myself to death...as far as using it for fun...I don't know...we as a country love to abuse anything and everything.... neutral

Sorry to hear about your previous delma, and yes we as a country do abuse a lot of things. Such as pharmacutical drugs and even alcohol and for this we have become the laughing stock in many places.  

Trixie in Wonderland

Azzandra1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:42 pm
Supposedly, California is considering legalizing marijuana entirely, and taxing it. That is how bad the state is financially. The Obama administration is relaxing the pot laws, allowing this to be possible.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:56 pm
Td1984
Supposedly, California is considering legalizing marijuana entirely, and taxing it. That is how bad the state is financially. The Obama administration is relaxing the pot laws, allowing this to be possible.

Interesting. It is worth looking into the affects that alcohol and cigarettes have on peope and compare them with the affects marijuana has. In comparison marijuana is better for people than alcohol and/or cigarettes, yet the two are legalized. I see no problem with the legalization of marijuana and hope that if used it is used with reason and in moderation.  

Trixie in Wonderland

Remagen

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 8:58 am
Most people have the need to abuse only things that are illegal for them to use. If marijuana were legalized and taxed, people would be less willing to buy it, and it could be controlled and regulated. Marijuana is less dangerous than cigarettes and alcohol, which have long lasting, sometimes terminal, effects. Marijuana is an all-natural thing, too, meaning that there are no harmful chemicals in it initially, unlike most other drugs.

Also, legalizing Marijuana would stimulate the economy. There are billions of dollars spent each year on marijuana, all of it under the table and un-taxed, if this were to be taxed, perhaps our country could begin to work of ll the debt we owe to other countries.

There should, however, be an age requirement and certain restrictions on the selling and usage of marijuana, like cigarettes and alcohol.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:16 pm
im not sure it can be helpful if u have cancer as sed befor but it cud also cause WWIII  

melonquest

qypsyswaq

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:04 pm
wtf  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:38 am
Remagen
Most people have the need to abuse only things that are illegal for them to use. If marijuana were legalized and taxed, people would be less willing to buy it, and it could be controlled and regulated. Marijuana is less dangerous than cigarettes and alcohol, which have long lasting, sometimes terminal, effects. Marijuana is an all-natural thing, too, meaning that there are no harmful chemicals in it initially, unlike most other drugs.

Also, legalizing Marijuana would stimulate the economy. There are billions of dollars spent each year on marijuana, all of it under the table and un-taxed, if this were to be taxed, perhaps our country could begin to work of ll the debt we owe to other countries.

There should, however, be an age requirement and certain restrictions on the selling and usage of marijuana, like cigarettes and alcohol.

I do agree on the age limit thing, but why do you think there should be? Any particular reason?  

Trixie in Wonderland

Trixie in Wonderland

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:40 am
melonquest
im not sure it can be helpful if u have cancer as sed befor but it cud also cause WWIII

Have you had cancer? How exactly would you know that it isn't helpfull?
How on Earth could the legalization of weed cause WWIII? Do you know what a World War is??  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:52 am
Yeah, let's legalize a dangerous and addictive drug, i can't see a fault in that plan.  

White Tiger Akutare

Phishu

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:55 am
White Tiger Akutare
Yeah, let's legalize a dangerous and addictive drug, i can't see a fault in that plan.

It's actually not addictive.

But, in the end, I agree that it should not be legal in the US (You know...I'm assuming...this is the country we're speaking about?). Though, as I said, pot is not addictive, though it does bring out a different state of mind in the user. The reason the drug was/is so popular with hippies is because of the subconscious effects it has--allowing one to explore a part of them that they couldn't before. Now, while I'm a fan of this... Some--most--people use it for different reasons.

Just a good, sweet escape. An excuse to gorge themselves on food (Pot makes the user very hungry.) and to do the counter girl at the bowling alley in the broom closet. Teenagers don't realize how relatively, uh, harmless the drug itself is--it's media-ized as a life-ruiner, so when they light it up, they feel bad as s**t and do stupid things, under the influence that they are under the influence which they aren't really. But, feeling bold and in that state of deep mindfulness that they don't recognize or can come close to understanding, teens go to other drugs--really harmful ones, like LSD or methamphetamine.

People don't think--they don't try, and so they don't understand. Marijuana can certainly be useful, helpful--but there are just too many people who will not listen to sense and reason. Who will abuse it, think that it is something other than it is, and make trouble from it. Because of them, it is not safe for marijuana to be legal.

Let it slide by in back alleys to those who don't need it as they will, and clandestinely and carefully to those who do. For now, that's all we can manage.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:11 pm
Yes. It is an anti-depressant in my opinion, and it helps insomnia patients bigtime!! Plus ol' Granny's glaucoma doesn't help out. It could REALLY boost the economy big-time since like half the USA smokes pot. I could really give you 100+ reasons but I'm sure we know the main one. 4laugh  

virtuoso of righteousness

5,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

virtuoso of righteousness

5,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:18 pm
And I am sorry.... But WW3!!!! WTF! I read a few comments back and THAT IS RETARDED! All people do when they smoke weed is get happy and hungry. They are peaceful, and too lazy and happy to get up off the friggin couch and shoot someone! You, sir, are obviously commenting on something you have never tried before. That's like saying you don't like the taste of sushi by the look of it, without ever tasting it. Dont talk about something if u have no clue. My mom smokes pot and afterwards paints landscapes. She is a pacifist artist. Like my peaceful hippie artist mom would even TOUCH a gun, let alone start WW3!  
"SPS" Strictly Polls Specifically!

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff