Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
What's the meaning of life? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

aliasJaneDoe

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:11 pm
I've been wondering this lately and would like to discuss. I don't care wether your answer is religions or a sort of hippy, "it's the universe man!" You can be new agey or whatever else you want. I just want people's opinions on the subject.

If you're religious and your answer has to do with your religion, please share it anyway. It doesn't matter at all what religion you're from.

All answers will be accepted and discussed. Especially since no one can prove that they're right for sure. These are, after all, opinions; not facts.

So; meaning of life. Discuss.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:09 pm
42, according to my brother, who apparently read the hitchhiker's guide to the universe. >.<  

sallyio

terrance555

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:26 pm
The meaning to life is to live.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:43 pm
The meaning of life, to me, is to care for other people. Live life to it's fullest. Most inmportantly, to be kind.  

0Jason Voorhees0

Romantic Werewolf

9,500 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Tyrannotaur

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:55 pm
sallyio
42, according to my brother, who apparently read the hitchhiker's guide to the universe. >.<

Actually, if you read the books its not the meaning of life. 42 is the answer to the ultimate question of life the universe and everything.

I believe that the meaning of life is to live. Living is not coasting through life and taking things as they come with an indifferent zombie-like enthusiasm. To live life means to revel in the fact that you are here today and fully experience and enjoy each moment.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:51 pm
Jacthnithd
The meaning of life, to me, is to care for other people. Live life to it's fullest. Most inmportantly, to be kind.
So if I'm the last person alive and I can hardly move at all I should just die?  

applesauce600

9,150 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

0Jason Voorhees0

Romantic Werewolf

9,500 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:50 pm
PulchritudinousFartJoker
Jacthnithd
So if I'm the last person alive and I can hardly move at all I should just die?

Way to warp my words into a loophole... >_>  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:17 pm
the meaning of life is all sorts of things, that includes your family, friends, lover, pet, and other things you love
meaning of life is also whats important to you.  

flavored pencils

CresentMoon14

Angelic Bear

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:55 am
To enjoy yourself while you have it

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:23 pm
I think that the points of life is to appreciatte life in every aspect, the good and the bad.  

Korozuno

Ruthless Hunter

Lexi Luthor

1,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Flatterer 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:38 pm
I am unsure of the point of life yet. But i do believe the point of life is to find a point of life... if you know what I mean..  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:27 pm
To me the meaning of life is to live, and to expand beyond our normal horizons! yeah it's hippy-ish but hey, I want to go beyond! mrgreen  

killerclownmeat

6,400 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Sausage Fest 200

SOM3BODii TOLD M3

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:42 am
the meaning of life really is 42...
i agree  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:51 pm
well, i havn't read any great books on the subject or anything, this here is just my personal opinion, I think the meaning of life is roughly the same for everyone, find what your passion is, laugh, love, live.. yeah, just to live, not to conform, or not conform, you should just be you, and for me, the meaning of life is to help others, and worship god. it's my personal opinion, i'm not some Psychotic Religious person >_<; i just think that to sum it up, the meaning of life IS to live ^^v  

Yuuki Aoyagi

"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces