Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Will you read the post below?
  yes
  no, just wanted gold
View Results

roni_ruin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:10 pm
I donno if you'll have heard of this before, maybe not i don't even know if its a real theory, i should've googled it. Ha. The other night me and my friends where sitting around talking, drinking, just doing what we do, and as usual, we started getting all phillisophical and mysterious.

One of them started talking about the De Ja Vu theory, which really spooked me. She said, the feeling od DeJa Vu, which we usually put down to "oh i must've dreamt this" might've really happened before. Which i think is fair enough when you think of the amount of conversations and doors you walk though in a lifetime, of course you're gonna go "oh i've done this before!".

But she said, the theory, basically, is like the movie Groundhog day. I sincerely believe in reincarnation but maybe thats why it spooked me. Sorry this is gettin lengthy and i've not even explained it. The basic idea is you keep living you're life over and over in different times obviously but not necessarily always with different people. There are key points in your life which you remember, and you keep going back to start over if you don't get them right. Every person might have a different number of bits to get through but you'll have the conversation again or walk down the road again and again until you get it right. At which point, if you get everything right in the one life-time, you finally get to rest.

Let me know what you think about this. Has it any worth or just an alcohal fuelled rambling thats stuck in my head?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:42 pm
Well if im lieing im dieing I get De ja vu's twice daily  

Fortune-Hunter

Ruthless Hunter

7,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100

Deppfan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:24 pm
The reason I get De Ja Vu is because my bf has a bad memory and we have a lot of the same conversations multiple times.

Other than that, my De Ja Vu moments usually happen when I'm just standing there, doing nothing.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:13 am
I honestly remember it's just dreams for me.  

PrincessSaraQueen

roni_ruin

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 11:04 am
You think? i was kinda hoping there was always more too it, i mean, i don't get it much but when i do it usually stops me in my tracks cause its big freaky moments...  
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 9:21 pm
it makes sense to me
i get DeJaVu all the time
it really freaks me out too because when i do get DeJaVu i sometimes get really
dizzy, black out and fall after i realize that ive done whatever it was before
of course i have lots of problems and that happens even if i dont get DeJaVu  

Gimpi Platypus

Cecilia Rose

5,550 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 7:30 pm
That sounds reasonable to me. Some people would just put it away as nonsense though. My friend has a theory that we come up with a bunch of possible ways that we could go through the day when we're sleeping. And then we remember it when one of those things actually happens. I think that both of your theories are possible.  
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 5:15 pm
I deal with deja vu a lot, sometimes I'll have dreams I'm doing something and then just go about my business when I'm awake as usual, then months or even years later I'll do what I did in that dream and I flip out. My most recent weird one was when I was sitting in my English class watching The Crucible; John and Rebecca and Martha were on the gallows saying the Lord's Prayer, and I just got this weird chill and I felt like I'd been hit by a bus. I'd had a dream where I was sitting in a classroom, watching a movie with three people on a gallows saying the Lord's Prayer several months ago, and I'd never even SEEN that movie before, or read the play or book. It was just so freaky. o_o;  

Nilly Tsegrah

Kagayaku Shirou

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 5:44 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Deja Vus have been proven to be a malfuction of the temporal lobe that makes your brain process twice the information you just received.

But to be fair this only affect to Deja Vus, not premonitory dreams or strong intuitions.

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 5:53 am
I sometimes get these weird dreams that happen afterwards, it kinda creeps me out... confused  

RiziN-ergeez

roni_ruin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:16 pm
freaks me out all the time too. I don't like it much to be honest. Thanks for not just trashing the idea though biggrin biggrin biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:54 pm
roni_ruin
freaks me out all the time too. I don't like it much to be honest. Thanks for not just trashing the idea though biggrin biggrin biggrin
What do you mean by "not trashing the idea" I believe I proved it wrong in my past post :s  

Kagayaku Shirou

Miakou

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:32 pm
Kagayaku Shirou
roni_ruin
What do you mean by "not trashing the idea" I believe I proved it wrong in my past post :s

You could have said, "You're dumb, and your thoughts on Deja Vu are merely alcohol-fueled rambling."

Instead, you pointed out what physically causes it.

I guess you could stretch the idea that a locked-away/surpressed memory can cause that double-process, maybe.

I'm a skeptic, but I'm no neurologist, so I'll leave it at that.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:44 pm
Miakou
Kagayaku Shirou
roni_ruin

You could have said, "You're dumb, and your thoughts on Deja Vu are merely alcohol-fueled rambling."

Instead, you pointed out what physically causes it.

I guess you could stretch the idea that a locked-away/surpressed memory can cause that double-process, maybe.

I'm a skeptic, but I'm no neurologist, so I'll leave it at that.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I was studying neuropsych in college and found out that much about deja vu's, still am not sure about anything else ^^;

Kagayaku Shirou

MyLady Lilipop

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:29 pm
Dreams, Its always happened in a dream before. At least for me. Usually years before I even know the people in the dream (My dads in the army so we move a lot).

I've always wondered if it was supposed to mean something. And I have to say that, I prefer your Theory over the scientific things that people believe. I'm not saying your wrong, I just think science takes the fun out of the world, mystery and the magic of living. But hey, if it can cure cancer and disease then so be it.

"PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff