Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

life....
  must be lived to the fullest
View Results

EdwardnBellaCullen88

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 4:03 pm
1. What's the point of life? Do we have a reason for living we must forefill?
2. What's right and what's wrong? Is there such a thing as right and wrong?
3. What is normal and what isn't?
4. What is happiness? What is sadness? How do you know the difference?
please tell what you think.  
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 4:25 pm
2. There is no right or wrong. It's how you look at it.  

EdwardnBellaCullen88

Gimpi Platypus

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 9:08 pm
#3 i dont think anyone know what normal is anymore

#4 is umm pretty self explanatory you feel happy when your happy and sad when your sad

#1 is a bit harder. The truth is that no one knows, however i find it best to
live each day as though it were your last, but plan like you have a 100 years to live

and your right about #2  
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 3:43 pm
1: To pass on our genetic structure, or in some way help in the upbringing of the next generation.
2: Right and Wrong is impossible to describe. However, one should look at the ideas of 'Law' and 'Chaos'. Law is protection, order, and that stuff, but can also lead to opression and confimity. Chaos is creativity and freedom, but can also lead to Insanity and Anarchy. It is important to keep a centric perspective on this.
3: No such thing.
4: Electrical impulses in the human brain.  

Sullen Couch

Britainian_Knight

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:38 am
geez you want to know some hard questions to rap your mind around, but I'll try to answer them the best i can.
1. this took me years to figure out. the meaning of life is to "do your best" for what more could you possibly strive?
2. perspective, anything can be good or evil.
3. normal is simply being average, and that's no fun. we can all raise above this current "normal"
and last
4. I'm honestly not sure how to put this into words, happiness and sadness are like your soul resonating with harmony when you are happy, and being horribly out of balance when you are sad.

I hope this helps. whee  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:11 pm

The most obivous answer for this is to die, if there were someone to give you a prize for what you did in your life it would after you die so if there where a reason it would be to die after achieving something.

Right is the choice that affects the less people and wrong is the choice that affects the most people, apply right or wrong for something else than choice is nonesense since existency cant be right or wrong.

Normal is what it is accepted by popular demmand as correct.

Happiness is a feeling, so it is sadness, happiness gives you pleasure through the release of endorphines(sp?), sadness dont.  

Kagayaku Shirou

idiotic_mT

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:34 pm
1. The meaning of life is to reproduce so our species survives. Since the world is overpopulated with human beings, we have no further purpose.

2. Right and wrong are governed by society. That's why each country has their own laws because everyone thinks on different lines.

3. Normal is relative. It is based on the majority of the population. Personally, I don't think a single 'normal' can exist, if that makes sense. :S

4. Happiness and sadness are states of mind, emotions.

Feel free to disagree.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:50 am
1. there isnt a point to life. we exist because a bunch of amino acids randomly decided, "hey, lets make DNA today =D"
or we could go the quantum physics route and say, "you create your own point in life."
or the disney channel route: "FOLLOW UR DREAMZ, yo."

there are theories, but i no one knows for sure. i know that id like in influence someone at least once in my lifetime and make them think differently.

2. right and wrong completely depend on the person's point of view. that point of view can be influenced by laws, religion, and social preferences that make one thing or another "bad."

3. normal is just like good and bad. normal is what the general public in the area thinks it is. majority rules.

4. happiness and sadness (and all emotions) are triggered by chemicals in the brain.  

Rainbow cat FACE

MyLady Lilipop

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:50 pm

I believe the question shouldnt be 'what is the purpose of life?' but 'what is the purpose of death?' in which they answer would be simply 'to live' to do whatever it is that YOU believe you need to do or accomplish to make you worthy of this life.

Its almost as bad as the question 'what is normal' since everyone is taught differently. Of course there are things that overlap like: Do not kill, Respect your elders and what not. but of course then there is so much contradiction in this world who can know whats True and False.

As said above, there isnt really a 'right' answer for this. since everyone is different (whether you believe we were created of not) we all ended up different. whether it be from our outside appereance, our learnt or developed ideals, values and morals or our beliefs. there is no 'mold' to compare us too, no guidlines or rule book.

You 'feel' how you feel, however this 'feelings' occur inside you (whether you believe its science or whathave you) and its up to you to inturpret its meaning.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:19 pm
Life is the training grounds for the hell that you will go to! question  

spazmanx13

Hilarious Noob

Prince-I

Dapper Elocutionist

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:35 am
In the human mind, all of these questions come with a different answer to each and every individual. None of these questions, mentally, have a static answer. Of course, nothing is static.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:31 pm
Life is endless its the humanity that goes on to excede life. You keep living and u will keep understanding. There is no reson to be alive you only are alive to live  

Slade_Black

metranisome

3,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:18 pm
1. What's the point of life? Do we have a reason for living we must fulfill?

Yes, it’s obvious to me that if you consider the basics of biological (mostly ecological) science and evolution to be true, then a great sense of meaning exists for people.
What I note is that every animal has a niche, and if it falls out of its niche its will either find a new one or die out. Humans are no exception. We exist because we have a very specific purpose. I could go more in depth but that would lead this into an abstract tangent.

Yes right and wrong exist, they too are obvious. People think in memes (a meme is anything that replicates examples- DNA and thoughts) when thoughts are replicated they need a starting person and a receiving person. Say for instance killing someone, it is wrong because you break a fundamental rule of this replication cycle, where you lose thoughts, which are important to us. Think about it in the sense of killing another is simply killing part of yourself. (Information lost)

Normal is whatever we perceive it to be. Each person has their own dependent reality. I used to eat cereal for breakfast, but for several years now I have been eating leftover from dinner for breakfast. (I prefer a savory meal that will leave me full longer then cereals) Eating cereal now would be abnormal.
Why? It breaks my trend of behavior. Normal is something commonly done as a theme, without it being varying a lot. If you see something out of the “normal” theme of things you see or do everyday it’s no longer normal. This set of rules is different for everybody.

To put this in the scary science way, they are chemicals in your brain. It’s fairly obvious that humans are more complex then chemical equations though (this goes back to the memes) and emotions are responses to things around us. Memes tell us who we are. Not all memes are good and the ones we enjoy make life drastically more complex.

If a computer is told something that ruins is process of running (broken script) it simply stops running entirely. We instead can get sad. There is a big difference in the responses and that is because even if we can’t quantify a solution we continue anyways. This is because things are important to us, and as I said before are complex.

This is the best I can describe the answers I have found to this myself. Please ask if you need me to explain.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:44 pm
1. Eveyone has their own destiny to fulfill. Whatever it is, each must find it on their own.

2. Right begots order and well-being for all. Wrong begots chaos and selfishness for others. Yet none can exist without the other

3. "Normal" doesn't exist in the mental and spiritual sense. How one view things varies from one another. Normal is only a physical sense in which the natural order of the physical elements in the world.

4. Happiness is one achives or experience a point of self gratification (not necessarilly meaning happiness is good for all), wheras saddness is where one reaches a point of self pity and distance from their pleasures or goals (also not meaning sadness isn't bad for all). We invest in pain to reap and sew hapiness.

That is what I think 3nodding

The Grand Kuma

Dangerous Hunter

last angel served

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:35 am
1. the point of life is different for each person. my reason for living is to live life to the fullest and get on top and stay there, if I'm gonna go down I'm gonna go down winning...
2. wrong and right are not to be defined. its simply a moral idea if ur morals say its right its right to u if not its wrong, everyone has there own ideas of right and wrong because everyone has different morals.
3. normal is simply fitting the idea that everyone else in that society feels is acceptable, anything else is abnormal.
4. happiness is the feeling of being whole while sadness is the feeling of empty.  
"PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff