Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
If you were able to pick on ability what would it be? Why? Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

which one is most popular?
  flying
  invisiblity
  magic
  eternal life
  other
View Results

lilmiyu

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 1:36 pm
The ability can be any kind of superpowers to where you could be a vampire. This is your choice i would just like to know why you would pick that. Plus why you think people are to fasinated by the idea of having an ability like a fantasy creature or a super hero.  
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 11:49 am
I would want to have telekinesis. That power is basically the power of the mind to the extreme.

The reason people are so into the idea of abilities of fantasy creatures or super heroes, is because it would make them something more that what they are now. That they could be something special, or something along those lines.  

Cevadeva

Master Azrael Reaper

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:32 pm
i would want the ability to transfer feeling between myself and others.
for example, someone punches me, but they feel the pain that i should be feeling. or maybe someone is in pain, and i could take some of the pain myself, so they are not hurting as much. that sort of thing.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:23 am
Master Azrael Reaper
for example, someone punches me, but they feel the pain that i should be feeling. or maybe someone is in pain, and i could take some of the pain myself, so they are not hurting as much. that sort of thing.

This is basically a watered own version of Empathy.
Now Empathy would be one of the powers I would like. The ability to control someone's emotions to the point that they fallow my ever whim is pretty damn awesome.  

Kumi Katsuna

Master Azrael Reaper

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:46 am
Kumi Katsuna
Master Azrael Reaper

This is basically a watered own version of Empathy.
Now Empathy would be one of the powers I would like. The ability to control someone's emotions to the point that they fallow my ever whim is pretty damn awesome.

i think in that case, pheramone control would work pretty well.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:23 am
If V had to choose a power he would choose the ability to create any matter at will which is better than eternal life on two parts, V could spread life to multiple people, infinite if we up the scope because as they age and deteriorate V could simply create the matter required for their body to 'repair' the damaged cells technically rejuvenating them and this would work for cancer and other illnesses since the infection could be cut out with the created matter replacing it as it was removed and making it healthy thus allowing people to choose when they go. And secondly being able to create a zombie and then creating a falling anvil among other uses for creating whatever you want is a rather nice bonus V thinks.

V thought too much into that didn't he...oh bother V does that when he gets no sleep but it is a good idea eternal health for oneself and those dearest and those dearest to them until the world becomes a disease free heavenly oasis of tranquility...

As to why people desire super powers the reasons are varied, some want to be unique and stand out among their former peers as they gain their powers others simply find the idea of having greater power intriguing and still other people seek the ever-present goal of just being that much better than the other guy V for one just likes to go on 'What if' tangents and not really care or desire for the thing that makes the what if scenario possible because as soon as he obtains it V has no dreams or ambitions and once you have no dreams well a poet of V's persuasion kind of dies out because once you can do things of imagination you have no imagination anything is possible and nothing is creative...and V went on another too thought out rant, V apologizes and will try to get some sleep to spare the ALI, IDT & PDF hia tyrrany of hotwinded-ness and tangent-less rants.

~Sincerely, V  

Nerevar Fatehand

orange organ

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:33 am
unlike other people. wouldn't it be nice 2 no wat other people r feeling?  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:10 pm
a babys death rattle
unlike other people. wouldn't it be nice 2 no wat other people r feeling?

Yes, I would like to know what you were feeling when you typed like that in an "Intelligent Discussion" Sub-forum.

Heh, sorry, cranky and tired mini-rant...anyways...

I would have to choose god mode. Why? Because then I could do anything I wanted, regardless to the consequences because I could fix whatever damage I made!  

Drunken_Ninja08

deathly_silence01

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:47 am
i'd have to choose power empathy. then I can copy everybody elses powers because i'm SUCH A LITTLE GOD-MODDER!  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:49 pm
i'd like to have the ability to fly sweatdrop crying biggrin  

Akari Kibou

Dedicated Conversationalist

12,350 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Friendly 100

hunn-E-bee

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:47 pm
I said flying, but I think being a mind reader would be much more fun!
But it would be kind of creepy, annoying and probably awkward all at the same time smile  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:24 pm
I would like the ability to change my form. That way I could be a dragon or a dolphin if I want among other animals.
People like the thought of affecting the world around them more than they do now and to be original.  

Ninara Mamiko

5,000 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100

xXx_takashi58_xXx

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:07 pm
I want to have the power to turn into anything. That way, I can have ALL of the powers!  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:22 am
I'd want the power to control magic so that i can control the elements 4laugh  

Sango of the Mist

"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out