Abrien Sliver

Generous Capitalist

7,850 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:52 pm
The Contenders!!
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Arceus!!!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
MEWTWO

Background:
Arceus, Supposedly the god of pokemon, creator of the Universe.
Mewtwo, Modified clone of the Progenitor of ALL pokemon, Mew.

Arceus has an edge in being able to shift from type to type while Mewtwo can use virtually any move, as well as use typical psychic abilities, Like mind reading and telekinesis. Can Arceus shift his type in speed enough to evade Mewtwo's mind reading and ability to use any attack Arceus is weak against?

Post your opinion on the subject above.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:42 am
User Image i think it could go either way with a seres of matches won by a lucky shot to either side because he can also use virtually every move  

Kaoru1632

Nadian
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:56 am
Abrien Sliver
Mewtwo can use virtually any move

Are you sure you're not confusing Mew with Mewtwo?

Mew = use virtually any move.
Mewtwo = uses a lot, but less than Arceus.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:35 pm
Nadian
Abrien Sliver
Mewtwo can use virtually any move

Are you sure you're not confusing Mew with Mewtwo?

Mew = use virtually any move.
Mewtwo = uses a lot, but less than Arceus.
Yeah, But since Mewtwo is a clone of Mew, I figure he should have all the same capabilities as him, the only difference is as if they took Mew and multiplied his power by himself, but since they very well couldn't have put Mewtwo in the game with his stats coupled with every move there is to know, he'd be too powerful that way and it would ruin the game on a fun level where people care not what pokemon is used, So to balance his powerful stats, they restricted his movepool in game, but I'm not exactly talking in game here with these two, I'm thinking if you actually had the two have this bout, who would win?  

Abrien Sliver

Generous Capitalist

7,850 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200

wellwisher
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:42 pm
In game, I'd go with mewtwo, the variety of moves and the sheer stat advantages would give mewtwo an edge over Arceus's balanced (but still amazing) stats, and much more limited movepool.

But as an actual fight, I think that one must consider other contenders here too. Mew has the DNA of all pokemon (most likely excluding mewtwo since mewtwo came after mew) and yet, Arceus created the Universe. (strange how pokemon went from a evolution to a creationist theory) Anyways, from a Battle, you'd be, calculating from them? mewtwo would win.
mewtwo might be a pompous b*****d (in the beginning) but he warmed up, and even created a safehaven, with his psychic abilities combined with his morality. I'd call mewtwo as maybe not a more powerful by standards of fighting, but he'd be the one where the empathy would come to. and as everyone knows, the underdog wins when they have the empathy. (it's a known fact, just look at every game where you fight "unmeasurable odds")
also, Arceus has spread his plates all over the world, so for this instance, he'll be a normal type. Arceus may be a god of pokemon, but id' put mewtwo as better than Arceus for an actual fight.

Though, mewtwo isn't really a pokemon, is he? since he was genetically modified by humans and isn't actually a clone but a genetic enhancement. So in a battle of pokemon, arceus would win since there is only one full pokemon in that battle. there are many facets to the way this could be taken afterall.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:32 pm
Abrien Sliver
Yeah, But since Mewtwo is a clone of Mew, I figure he should have all the same capabilities as him

What is the point of a discussion of this nature, then, if whether or not a pokemon could win is based upon non-canon capabilities of a pokemon?  

Nadian
Crew

Abrien Sliver

Generous Capitalist

7,850 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:17 pm
Nadian
Abrien Sliver
Yeah, But since Mewtwo is a clone of Mew, I figure he should have all the same capabilities as him

What is the point of a discussion of this nature, then, if whether or not a pokemon could win is based upon non-canon capabilities of a pokemon?
I was just saying that it seems likely that he does with stereotypical clone mechanics...  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:28 pm
wellwisher
Though, mewtwo isn't really a pokemon, is he? since he was genetically modified by humans and isn't actually a clone but a genetic enhancement. So in a battle of pokemon, arceus would win since there is only one full pokemon in that battle. there are many facets to the way this could be taken afterall.

Yeah, I guess. So is Porygon and Deoxys.  

Kumi Katsuna

wellwisher
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:48 pm
Kumi Katsuna
wellwisher

Yeah, I guess. So is Porygon and Deoxys.
Deoxys was a virus that mutated into a pokemon. (virus has DNA)
Porygon however is a program. I suppose it's possible that it was conceived by a viral program, but I'm pretty sure it was entirely man made, but there might have been some chance code combining)

And how do we include Clefairy, Clefable, and cleffa who aren't from earth? (does that still make them pokemon since we're discerning pokemon from nonpokemon.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:30 am
Mewtwo of course it is a psychic pokemon and Arceus is a normal pokemon even a ghastly can beat arceus  

dinosue1

wellwisher
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:58 pm
dinosue1
Mewtwo of course it is a psychic pokemon and Arceus is a normal pokemon even a ghastly can beat arceus
You say that like you've never heard of the plates and it's pokemon power before...
Arceus left it's plates all over the world, which are all of it's different types... Which means, that, it can be a dark type if it so chose to be.

Back up your decisions. (plus, Arceus can learn a very wide variety of moves, a ghastly cannot beat him since ghost moves don't work on him in normal form, and his stats put him near unstoppable against pokemon with stats far above ghastly's. with his ability to learn moves besides normal movies, he's far more powerful than ghastly, just by game or external continuity ghastly is terrible compared to him.)  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:06 am
Arceus would probably create another Pokemon to go back in time and stop the creation of Mewtwo.  

KingJack!

5,850 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • First step to fame 200

wellwisher
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:26 pm
KingJack!
Arceus would probably create another Pokemon to go back in time and stop the creation of Mewtwo.
You mean Celebi and Dialga? (it is Dialga right, not palkia?)  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:12 pm
wellwisher
KingJack!
Roar of time is Dialga's so him  

Abrien Sliver

Generous Capitalist

7,850 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200

wellwisher
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:51 am
Abrien Sliver
wellwisher
KingJack!
Roar of time is Dialga's so him
good, i'm glad i didn't mix them up. I'm not so keen on the gen 3 pokemon, or a lot of the gen 4 pokemon yet. I grew up on the gen 1 and 2, skipped gen 3 until gen 4 came out.  
"PPP" Peoples' Pokemon Place

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff