Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
Death Penalty Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zat In The Hat

Hilarious Capitalist

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:18 pm
So recently we've been discussing this in our civics class and i would like your opinion on it. I believe that the death sentence is fair and it does not violate the Bill of Rights. I mean there are psychopaths who kill children but only get off with a life sentence all because there was one person who couldn't sentence the criminal to death. I believe that the vote should be majority not unanimous to sentence a criminal to death. Think of it this way if a criminal killed your family member/friend/child wouldn't you want this criminal to gone? I mean as i said i think the death penalty is fair the punishment does in fact fit the crime.

Discuss:
Death Penalty: Fair or Inhumane?  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:32 pm
Honestly, i think that it really depends on the crime. I mean, ive heard of drug dealers who got the death penalty. But yeah, i think the death penalty is usually pretty fair.  

Monster of Cookies Rawr

Such A Sinker

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:40 pm
If you kill someone or multiple people I definitely think a suitable punishment would be the death penalty.

Any other crime doesn't deserve instant death.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:26 pm
I believe that the death penalty has been used loosely since we started believing in 'human rights.'

Too many serial murderers/rapists/really bad other crimes that end up clogging up our prisons. They aren't doing anything but living off our tax dollars and there is always that tiny percent chance they can escape.

I support the death penalty. I'm not saying all criminals should die, just the ones who deserve it.  

Esora2

Zat In The Hat

Hilarious Capitalist

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:57 pm
Esora2
I believe that the death penalty has been used loosely since we started believing in 'human rights.'

Too many serial murderers/rapists/really bad other crimes that end up clogging up our prisons. They aren't doing anything but living off our tax dollars and there is always that tiny percent chance they can escape.

I support the death penalty. I'm not saying all criminals should die, just the ones who deserve it.

Thank you 3nodding

If we put more criminals to death less criminals to crowd the prisons.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:04 pm
If you take a life, you lose your life.
Then again, I'd rather the b*****d rot in jail and beg to be killed.

. . .

c:

Support.

Mini o 3o

HellCatMurasame

2,250 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:11 am
Mini o 3o
If you take a life, you lose your life.
Then again, I'd rather the b*****d rot in jail and beg to be killed.

. . .

c:

Support.

wow,. If you don't have the conviction to dispense justice to its full measure, then you should let others do it for you  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:30 pm
I believe that it would be much better to give someone a life sentence in jail than the death penalty. Jail is one nasty place, and I bet that spending the rest of your life in there would be pretty damn bad. Of course, I'm not saying that I'm completely against the death penalty. I think that it's a reasonable punishment depending on the crime. If you're a mass serial killer, I don't think I'd object to you being placed on death row. I just think that it should be used sparingly.  

Spanakopita

Aekea Perfectionist

11,000 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300

SephieSummerdream

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:41 pm
I'm not really all that sure about the death penalty. I guess it all depends on how far beyond forgiveness the crime was.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:47 pm
I think it's fair. It's an EQUAL exchange...  

turboturboturbo

Dangerous Genius

6,250 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100

M3Gnificent

Malevolent Warlord

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:51 pm
It's usually fair, though I believe the death penalty should be reserved for terrible crimes such as rape or murder or extreme child molestation.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:57 pm
I agree. At times it is fair. For the people that REALLY deserve it.
I don't see why when the police catch a *****, they stay in jail for so many years then get let out, on a "Warning". When they should have be given the death sentence instead.
Sometimes it is unfair, because for some criminals. They do not deserve such treatment.

Danse-de-Macabre

Sparkly Prophet

lnvictus

Profitable Guildsman

5,550 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:38 pm
Think of it this way. I believe that A person should die in the way they murdered a person. An Eye for an Eye, if you will. I mean, REALLY, we're going to give a man that killed four people by torturing them and putting just enough poison in them so that they still live and then finally, when they BEG to be be killed, he kills them by slitting their throats, a little injection that just makes him go nighty-night and never wake up? That's unfair not only to the people who were murdered, but to the families of the people who were killed. Lethal injection, Hangings, The electric chair, any forms of "the death sentence" are just a way for fat, lazy politicians to keep their hands clean and not actually have to dole out justice when it is clearly needed. The senate's vague writings on laws and regulations has almost turned America into an Anarchy ridden, classless society of communists and crack-whores. This is our governments fault, not ours.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:41 pm
Freddy.C.Krueger
I don't see why when the police catch a *****, they stay in jail for so many years then get let out, on a "Warning". When they should have be given the death sentence instead.
Sometimes it is unfair, because for some criminals. They do not deserve such treatment.

People have different opinions on different things, I don't think molestation should be an offense punishable by death, or life in prison. But I DO think those convicted should be sent to some sort of special camp where all the other ***** live, without ANY children around. I mean, our tax dollars could be going to putting Serial killers to death. Or to putting people to death that molested AND murdered the child. Emotionally scarring a child for life is not nearly as horrendous a crime, in my opinion, as taking the life of another human.  

lnvictus

Profitable Guildsman

5,550 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100

Danse-de-Macabre

Sparkly Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:06 pm
Brett Krueger
Freddy.C.Krueger

People have different opinions on different things, I don't think molestation should be an offense punishable by death, or life in prison. But I DO think those convicted should be sent to some sort of special camp where all the other ***** live, without ANY children around. I mean, our tax dollars could be going to putting Serial killers to death. Or to putting people to death that molested AND murdered the child. Emotionally scarring a child for life is not nearly as horrendous a crime, in my opinion, as taking the life of another human.

I understand people have different opinions on different things.
In a way, I agree with some of the things you are saying. Like the tax dollars for putting serial killers to death would be a good thing in these types of cases.
What I do not agree with. Is the fact that "For not putting molesters" to death. Since these people can not be cured. Well, Not ALL but I imagine mostly a vast majority can not be. I believe the best thing would be is too take care of them once and for all.
While I do agree some should be placed in a "Special camp" were there is no children. Like you have said. There would be always the thought of, if they could get out or not, as well.
What I do not agree with is that. When a child is scared like that, From an adult, A "*****". It CAN be horrendous for the child. Though some would not understand, because of them not being in that situation before. It can be horrendous and horrible for them, making them become something they never wanted to be as they grow up.
As I have read in forensics, some majority of killers were molested as children. And it did not turn out well at all.
Though I do respect your opinion in most terms.

"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff