Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
Is PETA in the right? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Is PETA right?
  ******** no!
  ******** Yes!
  I'd prefer not to answer..
View Results

lnvictus

Profitable Guildsman

5,550 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:25 am
Watch Bullshit- PETA and decide for yourself.

PETA KILLS nearly 2/3 of the animals they "Rescue" every year by means of euthanization.

P-People (for the)
E-Ethical
T-Treatment (of)
A-Animals

BULLSHIT

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:51 pm
I can't stand PETA. I'm all for animal rights, but so far as I've encountered, anyone involved with PETA is a complete idiot. They try to treat animals like human beings, or even higher, and yet the don't know the first thing about caring for the animals they're trying to save, or their normal life or behavior.  

Deppfan

lnvictus

Profitable Guildsman

5,550 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:28 am
And the leader is some psychotic communist/fascist woman who even QUOTES Hitler and uses the Nazi regime as a basis for the organization's structure and discipline!  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:56 pm
i've always had issues with PETA just because they've got a nazi-ish view towards things such as eating meat and wearing leather. i don't think that their approach is right, and i've heard that PETA kills the majority of the pets they say they 'rescue'. i'm more in the support for the SPCA, where euthanasia is a last resort.  

SchizoSpazz

Space Phantom

10,900 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hive Mind 200

The_Cursed_Phoenix

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:50 am
I dont like PETA they create drama over nothing if we ban hunters their population will get out of control. Hunter's capture and kill their animal's in the most humane way how do i know i have many friends who are hunters it is very painless and trust me if you kill the animal quickly it is painless.

ok now this next piece may seem a bit cruel but here i go

P-People (for the)
E-Eating(of)
T-Tasty
A-Animals

i'm all for animal right's for DOMESTIC animals but animals are animals they dont have souls they are physical being's where as we are both Animal and Spirit.

But in the same way i'm for SPCA how many children are neglected or abused every day they are crying out for help and i think Humanity comes first Animals second.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:52 pm
Honestly, I've seen some of the stuff PETA's done, and it's not pretty. They continually stick their foot in their mouth over what they're trying to "protect" and junk. They do make for a good laugh once in a while though. Seriously, a bag of bricks would be better off taking care of endangered animals/abused animals/etc.  

General Lea

Interesting Conversationalist

10,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Contributor 150

Aakosir

Dangerous Businesswoman

7,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:46 am
I support PETA.

That's

People
Eating
Tasty
Animals

Sorry to you vegetarians, but I like my beef and chicken. Not so much pork.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:18 am
Curse-of-the-Phoenix
I dont like PETA they create drama over nothing if we ban hunters their population will get out of control. Hunter's capture and kill their animal's in the most humane way how do i know i have many friends who are hunters it is very painless and trust me if you kill the animal quickly it is painless.

P-People (for the)
E-Eating(of)
T-Tasty
A-Animals

i'm all for animal right's for DOMESTIC animals but animals are animals they dont have souls they are physical being's where as we are both Animal and Spirit.

But in the same way i'm for SPCA how many children are neglected or abused every day they are crying out for help and i think Humanity comes first Animals second.

first i must point out a simple fact, how do you determin if a soul does or does not exist, and second how do you determin if something has a soul or not.

to me yes hunters are a nescesity for controling populations when natural hunters like big cats are not readily avaliable or not around.

deer for example do have to have a certain amount, and the people who do monitor their population do i belive release each year how many deer a hunter can hunt  

idiotic randomness

Deppfan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:22 am
dreams into nights yami
Curse-of-the-Phoenix

P-People (for the)
E-Eating(of)
T-Tasty
A-Animals

first i must point out a simple fact, how do you determin if a soul does or does not exist, and second how do you determin if something has a soul or not.

to me yes hunters are a nescesity for controling populations when natural hunters like big cats are not readily avaliable or not around.

deer for example do have to have a certain amount, and the people who do monitor their population do i belive release each year how many deer a hunter can hunt

Yes, each year you have to apply for tags to hunt them. And based on population levels, the officials then determine how many of any animal a person can hunt and tag.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:44 am
Though PETA has done things I do not agree with. I respect them for at least trying. The problem is people only pay attention to the insane demands by a few members of PETA, and they over look the things they've done that are good. PETA is trying to get KFC to kill their chickens humanely. They're not trying to get them to not serve chicken, they just want the chickens to die as nicely as possible. Remember PETA is a group, just because some people in that group are bad, does not mean the whole group is bad. Though I will admit, I am still mad at them for the whole happy meal thing. It was inappropriate and uncalled for.

I think it's disturbing how many people get angry, literally angry at me when they find out that I don't eat meat. I do not try and force people to be vegetarians, I do not throw a fit if someone eats a burger in front of me, I don't care what you eat, stop caring about what I don't eat. I go through life trying my hardest to make sure I don't insult anyone, but it seems most people do not care about that.  

yukisuzu9

Sparkly Elder

13,075 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Nerd 50

Ablutophobia

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:31 pm
yukisuzu9
Though PETA has done things I do not agree with. I respect them for at least trying. The problem is people only pay attention to the insane demands by a few members of PETA, and they over look the things they've done that are good. PETA is trying to get KFC to kill their chickens humanely. They're not trying to get them to not serve chicken, they just want the chickens to die as nicely as possible. Remember PETA is a group, just because some people in that group are bad, does not mean the whole group is bad. Though I will admit, I am still mad at them for the whole happy meal thing. It was inappropriate and uncalled for.

I think it's disturbing how many people get angry, literally angry at me when they find out that I don't eat meat. I do not try and force people to be vegetarians, I do not throw a fit if someone eats a burger in front of me, I don't care what you eat, stop caring about what I don't eat. I go through life trying my hardest to make sure I don't insult anyone, but it seems most people do not care about that.

I have to salute you for your opinion. As a pre-Veterinary student with equine interests, I'm required to take an extensive number of credit hours dealing with meat science. Although I do eat meat, I was really disappointed to discover this because the industry contradicts my overall career goal --that is, to heal. I made some friends in my Food Animal Products class who are, in fact, vegetarians. When I questioned them about how they felt about being required to take the class, their answers suprised me. One girl said that she was very bitter at first, but after learning more about the beef industry, she realized how important it actually is, in terms of being the largest segment of our agricultural economy. She told me that while she still chose not to consume or use meat and other animal products, she stopped viewing those industry segments as issues that need to be eliminated entirely. That, and your kind of open mindedness is what I think PETA should focus on. I just wish they would integrate more education rather than radicalism.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:47 pm
I am a vegan, and I am certainly for animal rights, but I don't necessarily agree with PETA. The basic message is good, in my opinion, but the methods to carry-out that message are very flawed. I'm not a PETA member, never have been, though I will encourage people to look into the source of what they eat and where their other everyday products come from because that can help everyone--the person's health, the people producing the items, and the animals involved.
Ultimately, people are free and have the right to believe as they please, but hypocrisy is the one thing that really aggravates me. I think orginations are often big hypocritical: they either don't have the proper methods to practice what they preach, or they push things on others so much that the go against the basic idea of "rights" that they stand for.

ladycobalt

Eternal_PrinceOfFire

Dedicated Hunter

10,425 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:55 pm
I am for animal rights. Although I do applaud PETA for taking a stand on animal rights, I don't always agree with what they do. I don't really support them. There are various reasons why.

1. They have links to the ALF
2. To euthanise animals, they shove them in a giant freezer where they die of hypothermia or something.
3. Some of their campaigns such as The Holocaust on Your Plate are just offensive.
4. They'll go after any organization that may hint at mistreating animals, without even doing research on the place. This includes testing for medical benefit. I understand protesting against animals being tested on for beauty products, but not for things that could save a human life.
5. Most of them are misanthropic and want to kill all of humanity.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:38 pm
PETA wants 'complete animal liberation' which would not only likely collapse the World Economy, it's also, pardon my French, 'Le Bullshit.'
Like the video said, if animals are given rights, they would get responsibilities, and that means that a majority of them would be killed or put in prison for a multitude of crimes.  

Mad Haru

Sasquatch42718

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 10:04 am
I've made my views clear on PETA, I do not like them. They advocate the equality and rights of animals, but treat the animals like score in a video game rather than as creatures of a fellow world. I am a hunter, a trapper, and a gardener. I understand much of the wildlife more than many others. I have done many of the things that PETA is against and from my own experience and from the words of many people like me, and who know, that we are not being unduly cruel to the animals. There are people who abuse animals in every society, but just because we hunt them does not mean that the majority of us hurt them without reason, just as there are abusers everywhere else, there are abusers who hunt as well. I have been part of the annual seal hunt, and despite what PETA says, seals are wild animals, and will attack you, they are predators and are vicious.

I love animals. I spend my spare time walking my dog, and playing with him. Every animal is important, just as they say, but PETA doesn't seem to care about that so long as they get the feeling of moral superiority since they don't eat any animals, so are 'guilt-free'. But in the production of this food, millions of animals die in the fields every year by the combines used by the harvesters. Irony?

Also, by going vegan, you're hurting animals, did you know that? There is nothing wrong with being a vegetarian, not if it is just a choice of preference rather than superiority. But I hear many people every year telling me that I should change and become more like them because it is 'the right thing to do'. By not eating these animals, by not culling their numbers, we are dooming hundreds of thousands of them to a slow death by starvation. As well as overloading many already filled ecosystems that will not be able to support the additional numbers. Is that what you want?

I am not a supporter of PETA, I never will be. The SPCA has the right idea. Save them if you can. But don't doom them before. I am a hunter, a trapper, a gardener, and an animal lover.  
"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff