Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Metaphorical fences
  hurt more than expected.
View Results

Pullo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:57 pm
Removing his sunglasses, Pullo began to speak.

"I'm on the fence about weather or not God exists. I read The Salmon of Doubt, and Doug-A made some really good points against religion. But, deep down, I don't want to be an Atheist because life feels empty without a God to ensure that there's an afterlife. Also, most of the Atheists I've met on the internet are complete douchebags (with some exceptions). Anyways, I've been sitting on the fence for too long; my a** hurts. Someone's gotta pull me down to their side."

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

He then turned and walked away, hoping he looked really damn cool.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:35 pm
I would be glad to. I understand your reasons for wanting to believe in a afterlife life is fragile and can be cut short at any moment and a afterlife its my safety net to tell you the truth. Please feel free to ask me questions i would like to know what you see as a issue for you to be pulled over the fence.  

The_Cursed_Phoenix

Deppfan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:23 am
You don't have to be Athiest. You can be Agnostic. Agnostics doubt the existance of God. It's like, "Hmmm you know, all this evidence points to there not being a God, but I'm not 100% sure. I really just don't know for sure."  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:04 pm
I agree with Depp that you can consider yourself Agnostic. And there's various different point of views that Agnostics take on. You can read more about it on Wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agnostic  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

The_Cursed_Phoenix

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:58 pm
@ Moonie and Deppfan: Deppfan i know your not a Christian so i will tell you this, my belief requires you to give your full belief in God and nothing else no Big-Bang no Allah just you and God. However i have had some Aithiest take that out of Context and it can be taken out of context into meaning: "You cant have any Role models on earth you cannot Marry and you cannot get attatched to anything" but it cannot, God encourages role models and encourages marriage it simply means no Gods like the ones i listed above and i cannot stress this enough do not become obsessed with money.

However Agnostic with Micro-Evolution and Christianity because there is compelling Evidence for it but "Natural Selection" does not have enough evidence to support it for it to be true.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:35 am
Curse-of-the-Phoenix
@ Moonie and Deppfan: Deppfan i know your not a Christian so i will tell you this, my belief requires you to give your full belief in God and nothing else no Big-Bang no Allah just you and God. However i have had some Aithiest take that out of Context and it can be taken out of context into meaning: "You cant have any Role models on earth you cannot Marry and you cannot get attatched to anything" but it cannot, God encourages role models and encourages marriage it simply means no Gods like the ones i listed above and i cannot stress this enough do not become obsessed with money.

However Agnostic with Micro-Evolution and Christianity because there is compelling Evidence for it but "Natural Selection" does not have enough evidence to support it for it to be true.

I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.  

Deppfan

The_Cursed_Phoenix

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:11 pm
God according to the Christian faith is the one true God there fore you cannot believe the God and Zeus created the Earth or that God snapped his fingers and the "Big Bang" happened and over millions of years Humans evolved from the first animal, ((However the differant races of humans did evolve/adapt from the first Human but not the first Fish from or dog to roam the earth.

Simply you cannot put anything before God you can love someone but if it comes down to him/her and your God, your God wins.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:34 pm
Prof. Moonie
I agree with Depp that you can consider yourself Agnostic. And there's various different point of views that Agnostics take on. You can read more about it on Wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agnostic

Removing his sunglasses, Pullo began to speak.

"I know what Agnosticism is. I'm having a serious discussion about faith; how could I not? I already consider myself Agnostic, but I'd rather have an actual belief. I don't like the fence, remember?"

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

He then turned and walked away, hoping he looked really damn cool.

Pullo

DvnT

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:42 pm
[Edited for size.]

Disclaimer!: I'm only supporting Christianity because that is the only religion I know enough about to be able to convince someone to join. I'm not saying that it is the only choice, because I don't believe certain things having to do with it.

Pullo. I say believe in God, His son, and the Holy spirit. It makes life seem a lot nicer.

Religious Peoples' Reasons to believe in Christianity:

Many people can feel that the Lord is there when in Church and praying.

"The only way to the Father is through me" -Jesus said that, so it is widely accepted as true.

It brightens peoples moods and we are generally a happy, accepting people.We have never ending love, generally, and are very forgiving. [If only because that is what was told to us to do.]

The Lord said that in the end, his love is what holds us together. He showed his love for us on the cross... Now take a look at Laminin and what it looks like.[Yes, four different images from different sites.]

Life / Logical / Other reasons why to believe:

Most people who don't believe that they are and will be responsible to something later on tend to not act with any restrictions. They act as if no rules apply to them, and that they have no reason to behave in a correct manner. [At least, the one's I've met act this way.]

People who don't believe in God tend to have a very dark view on life, compared to many Christians I know, who are extremely happy people and are rarely -if ever- depressed. A challenge to them means God is trying to teach them something, not that they are being punished for something and they must figure it out.

Belief in Christianity gives very easy rules to work with, compared to most other religions. There are ten, maybe eleven?

Exodus 20: 1-17 tells them all. I've bolded the important words from each rule. ^^

"And God spoke all these words:
"I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery. 
You shall have no other gods before me.
You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, but showing love to a thousand generations of those who love me and keep my commandments.
You shall not misuse the name of the Lord your God, for the Lord will not hold anyone guiltless who misuses his name.
Remember the Sabbath and keep it holy. Six days you shall labor, and do all your work, but the seventh day is a Sabbath to the Lord your God. On it you shall not do any work, neither you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your manservent, or your maidservent, nor your animals, nor the alien within your gates. For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, but he rested on the seventh day. There for the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy.
Honor your father and your mother, so that you may live long in the land the Lord your God is giving you.
You shall not murder
You shall not commit adultery.
You shall not steal.

You shall not give false testimony against your neighbor.
You shall not covet your neighbor's house. You shall not covet your neighbor's wife, or his manswervent or maidservant, his ox or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor.""
And in the New Testamant, there are a few times when someone asks Jesus what the most important rule to follow is. Jesus, in most of the instances, replys with this: "Love thine neighbor as thyself."

And if you break a rule? Just ask the Lord for forgiveness and try your best to fix it. Easy really. ^^

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:26 pm
@ DvnT: i agree with most of what you said but i have a courtesy to ask you i cant read that small print and that light color well it hurts my eyes if you can please post in darker colors. but your last sentance "And if you break a rule? Just ask forgiveness and try to fix it. Easy really." is a little bit of a walk from the truth and i just want to clear something up for Pullo, you have to really believe you where wrong and really want the forgiveness otherwise you won't get it, God knows if you are really sorry or if your faking it so there's no use lying to him.

Just though i would clear that up but other than that great post. mrgreen ((man i'm obsessed with Mr. Green.))  

The_Cursed_Phoenix

DvnT

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:13 pm
Curse: Sorry, it's a habit of mine to post with a smaller print. I think it makes things look nicer. I'll remember to post larger though for you and a few others' I know.
And I didn't mean to belittle the fact you need to ask and work for forgiveness, I just had realized that most people would have gotten bored with what I was saying, so I tried to make it shorter. I do see how that could have been taken the way you did, so the flaw was mine. Thanks for clearing that up though. ^^

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:17 pm
Allow me to introduce you to the church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster!
http://www.venganza.org/  

Mad Haru

Deppfan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:04 am
Harujiro no Yorozuya

heart  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:12 am
Paganism is a good choice.  

S Metal Crusader B

The_Cursed_Phoenix

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:18 am
Deppfan Teague
Harujiro no Yorozuya

heart

Go figure stare but its funny i,ll admit that

-----------------------------------------------------------------

These are the basic laws that every christian follows i will post them and then convert them into something more understandable

1 “I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. You shall have no other gods before Me.

2 “You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My Commandments.

3 “You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain, for the Lord will not hold him guiltless who takes His name in vain.

4 “Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.

5 “Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long upon the land which the Lord your God is giving you.

6 “You shall not murder.

7 “You shall not commit adultery.

8 “You shall not steal.

9 “You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.

10 “You shall not covet your neighbor's house; you shall not covet your neighbor's wife, nor his male servant, nor his female servant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor's.”

The 1st law says that you shall not believe anything but the True word of God and saying that well i like Allah but i worship God more is blasphemous putting a god ((lowercase g)) before God ((upper case G)) does not mean you must like the true God more than any god it means that you must have no gods in the 360 deggree's of sight that God has.
The Second law covers well idols, i was wrong when i told you you can have role models because if you have one and you want to be like them you are coveting their lifestyle and therefore i must appologize, but if say the President asked you to bow down to him or to bow down to the Flying Spaghetti Monster you should not do it and you also should not love say the Flying Spaghetti Monster or money because they are temporary and will fade
well here is the meaning of the 3rd law:
You shall not curse swear use satanic arts lie or decieve by his name, but call upon it in every trouble pray praise and give thanks, basically what that means is that you should not use his name just for the heck of it ((example: OH MY GOD THE Flying Spaghetti Monster)) but you may use it in prayer and pray to him in every need you have.
The Sabbath or Sunday is reserved by God for God and for worship, originally the sabbath was Saturday and we still honor Saturday, but we say Sunday is sabbath because we are awaiting the lords return in this
the 5th law says that you must listen to and obey all authority figures and if you are one do not misuse your power for your gain but honor your subjects as well because with out them you would not have your power.
The 6th law says you should not commit murder Assault or any harm against a human being including: Physical harm, Mental harm, and Hatred because in hatred you do not wish to see them therefore you are a murderer in your thoughts
the 7th law says you must not marry another human when you are married and that you must not look at another human lustfully, and also you may not look at certian pictures, also i need to clear this up "It said Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve!"
the 8th law says that you must not steal any item weather it be $2,000 or a cookie you may not steal
the 9th law says you may not lie on any level weather it be slightly tweaked gossip or saying that Red Shot Blue when really Purple shot Blue, this include "Little white lies" there is nothing little about them
The heart is the most sinful above all things and want is the tool it uses to sin be careful what you wish for because wanting something can lead to greater sins.
"PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces