Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
Discussion Subforum (RULES IN HERE) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Forlani Mordecai

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 10:29 am
dboyzero edit: MAIN RULES!!

They said I should put some rules up, so here they are. I don't have many, and I don't really plan on enforcing them too canonically. Just common sense, yeah?

arrow Make your posts count. Don't bother replying if your response doesn't contribute to the ongoing discussion. In other words, stay relevant.

arrow Don't get pissed. We should all be intelligent and mature enough to debate and discuss with level heads. Don't get personal, and don't take things personally.

arrow Respect opinions for what they are. This goes hand in hand with the last rule. People are entitled to their own opinions, let them have them. Facts can be disputed depending on source, but someone's personal beliefs will have to be persuaded by logic, not insults.

arrow Let sleeping threads lie. If a topic hasn't been touched in quite some time, and you have nothing new to add to the debate, please leave it be. Bashing on others that may not even still be with Why Not is pretty much a lost cause and a waste of energy.

That's about it. Be relevant, don't get angry, and respect the opinions of others. I suppose I should tell you to keep your hands and feet to yourselves as well, but I hope it doesn't come to that.

PM me with any questions and concerns, I'll get back to you as quick as I can.

----original post as follows----
This is, obviously, the subforum meant for discussion. Those who wish to argue/debate/talk on more serious subjects are free to come here and express their opinions.

Be warned!

Rudeness will not be tolerated. If you find you can't say your opinions without making an arse of yourself, you should probably refrain from doing so. If your opinions are chalanged defend them with intelligence, not insults.

Note: please, no one-line responses!  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:15 am
You said arse. *Tee hee**Giggle*  

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100

PurpleDragonsGems

Omnipresent Bookworm

15,850 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 5:36 pm
Are there any subjects you wish for us to stay away from?  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:37 am
Dragon_Witch_Woman
Are there any subjects you wish for us to stay away from?

I think most subjects are up for debate, so long as a friendly, nonthreatening demeanor remains intact throughout the discussion. 3nodding  

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100

BrianSaysRawr!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 6:59 pm
zphal_girl87
You said arse. *Tee hee**Giggle*
[Teen Hearts Beating]
xd
[...Faster, Faster.]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 4:51 pm
Addition to the "IDT" rules!

Please, no one-liner responses.

Replying with only a sentance or two will hurt your arguement, not help it. If it looks like you can't string an arguement together, then your arguement will seem weak, whether it is or not.

Again, no one-line responses. For your benefit and everyone elses.  

Khalida Nyoka
Vice Captain

Cornelius loh Quatious

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 10:58 pm
Okay, well due to circumstances outside my control, it looks like they decided to put me in charge of this subforum. sweatdrop

They said I should put some rules up, so here they are. I don't have many, and I don't really plan on enforcing them too canonically. Just common sense, yeah?

arrow Make your posts count. Don't bother replying if your response doesn't contribute to the ongoing discussion. In other words, stay relevant.

arrow Don't get pissed. We should all be intelligent and mature enough to debate and discuss with level heads. Don't get personal, and don't take things personally.

arrow Respect opinions for what they are. This goes hand in hand with the last rule. People are entitled to their own opinions, let them have them. Facts can be disputed depending on source, but someone's personal beliefs will have to be persuaded by logic, not insults.

That's about it. Be relevant, don't get angry, and respect the opinions of others. I suppose I should tell you to keep your hands and feet to yourselves as well, but I hope it doesn't come to that.

PM me with any questions and concerns, I'll get back to you as quick as I can.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 1:31 pm
yikes....gorgaroth scares me....  

haanji_of the sand

idiouth

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:38 am
hey ummm when ure on this guild do u eran money kus i need some  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 1:58 pm
idiouth
hey ummm when ure on this guild do u eran money kus i need some

you can do that? so, money can be given from one member to another in a forum? i dont know how this applies to the rules, as it wasn't stated above. it is a good idea, though. i just am not sure how one would go about it.  

laura-jeanne

Cornelius loh Quatious

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 1:29 pm
You earn money in this guild like anywhere else on Gaia, by posting to polling or whatever else. This place is for in-depth and intelligent discussions.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:47 am
evil Have a nice haliday!  

Kuze-x

Anuska_bcn

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:22 pm
hi! I've just joined to this guild! is my firts time, and I am a little confused...!!!

so.. whats up people?!

kisses!

User Image  
"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out