Saikii
Crew

Friendly Fox

30,225 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:10 pm
What is your Minecraft server again? I lost the address.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:37 pm
Saikii
What is your Minecraft server again? I lost the address.

gigafrost.com:25567  

Nadian
Crew

Saikii
Crew

Friendly Fox

30,225 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:40 pm
Thank you! I've been missing that.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:51 am
So nice to be able to play on a Minecraft server with friends and look at what they've made! I'm within walking distance of at least two people, although the height of the hills does pose a bit of a problem...  

Saikii
Crew

Friendly Fox

30,225 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Full closet 200

Nadian
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:04 pm
Saikii
So nice to be able to play on a Minecraft server with friends and look at what they've made! I'm within walking distance of at least two people, although the height of the hills does pose a bit of a problem...

This is you, right? If you look around there's some stuff at spawn to your left and then my mega-complex at the end of that road. You can see that road curves around your area but if you wanted to you could connect up to it. (Us horse users have been wanting them.)

There's also a branch of that road that heads towards the ocean and you can take to a Mushroom Biome or an Ocean Monument. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:12 pm
Nadian
Saikii

This is you, right? If you look around there's some stuff at spawn to your left and then my mega-complex at the end of that road. You can see that road curves around your area but if you wanted to you could connect up to it. (Us horse users have been wanting them.)

There's also a branch of that road that heads towards the ocean and you can take to a Mushroom Biome or an Ocean Monument. 3nodding

biggrin Yep! I can connect with the road, although I'd need to do some mining. I've been meaning to mine for materials anyway. Can't finish the Inn without them, either. Also... wow... I really need to move my fountain over a smidge...

Ocean? Oh! I've never been to a true Mushroom Biome before! biggrin Mushroom cows!  

Saikii
Crew

Friendly Fox

30,225 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Full closet 200

Saikii
Crew

Friendly Fox

30,225 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:37 am
What time does the server map update? It's a bit harder when I can't see the updates and have treacherous terrain to work around.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:17 pm
Saikii
What time does the server map update? It's a bit harder when I can't see the updates and have treacherous terrain to work around.

It saves a backup at 5am (central) and attempts to update the map based on that backup data every third hour. So, that means that normally at 6am (central) it generates map data based on where the server was at 5am.

However, this can be affected. If somebody is logged in then the server won't perform the backup until after everybody is logged out. So, if somebody logged in just before 5am and didn't log out until after 6am then it'll generate at 9am instead. Or if they log in just before 5am and log out after 9am then it'll generate at noon. Etc.

The map is set up this way mostly for the purpose of casually looking at the world instead of to be actively updated as you go. Hmmm... but I'll keep that in mind when I construct the next server computer. Perhaps this old one can be kept up and running for more frequent map generation... (and a few other tasks).  

Nadian
Crew

Saikii
Crew

Friendly Fox

30,225 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:12 pm
Thanks! That explains it.

biggrin

I've been using Exede's off-the-meter hours connection (which comes on at 3 am and goes off a little before 8 am) to get on because the ping may be high, but my connection then is a lot more stable.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:06 pm
I joined that, then, quit, might rejoin later. Depends on if my friend's internet improves enough for him to host for my little group of about 8 or not.
Though right now I'm mostly working on redstone in creative or custom maps.  

wellwisher
Vice Captain

Saikii
Crew

Friendly Fox

30,225 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:33 am
It'd be nice to see other people on. It's usually just me when I'm on, due to Exede's weird hours. There used to be someone from outside Gaia I assume is one of Nadian's friends, but I haven't heard from them in a while.

I think I'm gonna have to grab more stuff tomorrow. The thunderstorm we were having kicked me off and may have caused me to lose all my cobble. Good thing I have extra iron... @~@; I hope this weather doesn't mess with the Warhammer session.

*edits* Wait. No. o.o; Still alive. I managed to get back somehow. It's strange that my old connection is working so well right now. Exede's got practically nothing cause of the weather.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:10 am
If I got on and was handed resources (cobblestone, buckets, picks, for ugly, various other things, buckets, picks for pretty) i could whip up a mob grinder to get you some iron from zombies.

Given a lot, lot, lot, more resources I could make an iron golem farm. and a gold farm.

and with a little resources (mostly iron, redstone, and wood (plus a little cobble) I could whip up some infinite food. But since I work now in creative, to build, then rebuild in survival with the blueprints, it takes awhile.  

wellwisher
Vice Captain

Nadian
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:19 am
Well, the wood and cobble would be very simple, the iron probably doable, but the red stone is still a valuable resource to me. Hmmm...

Although if people are in need of unlimited food then I do have unlimited chicken and unlimited wheat.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:46 pm
Nadian
Well, the wood and cobble would be very simple, the iron probably doable, but the red stone is still a valuable resource to me. Hmmm...

Although if people are in need of unlimited food then I do have unlimited chicken and unlimited wheat.
Unlimited Wheat is a, bit trickier to do without some simple redstone. the chicken grinder is the easiest source of food as it's completely automated.

That's just what I've been focusing on for Redstone. item sorters, more complex home things, food generators, different forms of mob grinders, locks, doors, that sort. I'm also experimenting with command blocks for various things, which has proven to be rather difficult, but quite interesting. good puzzles to work out.

When I'm doing survival, or just, not custom maps, I'm focusing mostly on generating resources, and making things easier via redstone.  

wellwisher
Vice Captain

Nadian
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:19 pm
wellwisher
Nadian

Unlimited Wheat is a, bit trickier to do without some simple redstone. the chicken grinder is the easiest source of food as it's completely automated.

That's just what I've been focusing on for Redstone. item sorters, more complex home things, food generators, different forms of mob grinders, locks, doors, that sort. I'm also experimenting with command blocks for various things, which has proven to be rather difficult, but quite interesting. good puzzles to work out.

When I'm doing survival, or just, not custom maps, I'm focusing mostly on generating resources, and making things easier via redstone.

I think the fully automatic wheat farm only required redstone to keep the mine cart running and for a sorter if you care. Really it's all the iron and being so very careful with villager mechanics that make it painful but it just keeps going and going and going.  
"CIF" Crikey! It's a Forum~!

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff