Submit

Kor Saiyajinkami

Rampaging Genius

14,025 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Key to Victory 50
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:18 pm
Anyone know of any good free programs that can play music and videos like Windows Media Player can, but works better than Windows Media Player?  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:31 pm
Try VLC It's what I use.  

wellwisher
Vice Captain

Kor Saiyajinkami

Rampaging Genius

14,025 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Key to Victory 50
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:46 pm
wellwisher
Try VLC It's what I use.

Thanks. So far I like it better than WMP.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:04 pm
wellwisher
Try VLC It's what I use.

Thank you very much for the suggestion. Do you think you could help me with some of the settings? I had the settings a certain way, but after my Windows 10 Upgrade they returned to default settings and I can't seem to get them all back to the way they were.

[u][b][color=black][size=16]How It Currently Looks[/size][/color][/b][/u]
User Image

[u][b][color=red][size=16]How I Had It B4 the Windows 10 Upgrade[/size][/color][/b][/u]

As you can probably tell, I photoshopped this to make it appear in this pic roughly how it used to look.

User Image

Kor Saiyajinkami

Rampaging Genius

14,025 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Key to Victory 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:33 pm
Kor Saiyajinkami
wellwisher
Try VLC It's what I use.

Thank you very much for the suggestion. Do you think you could help me with some of the settings? I had the settings a certain way, but after my Windows 10 Upgrade they returned to default settings and I can't seem to get them all back to the way they were.

User Image

[u][b][color=red][size=16]How I Had It B4 the Windows 10 Upgrade[/size][/color][/b][/u]

As you can probably tell, I photoshopped this to make it appear in this pic roughly how it used to look.

User Image

View ---> Playlist

If you want to change the way the playlist appears: "View" ---> "Playlist View Mode"  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:07 pm
Prof. Moonie
Kor Saiyajinkami
wellwisher
Try VLC It's what I use.

User Image

User Image

View ---> Playlist

If you want to change the way the playlist appears: "View" ---> "Playlist View Mode"

I actually figured it out accidentally already. I had to check the option for Docked Playlist that was the 2nd Option in the View Section.  

Kor Saiyajinkami

Rampaging Genius

14,025 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Key to Victory 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:52 pm
Kor Saiyajinkami
Prof. Moonie
Kor Saiyajinkami
wellwisher
Try VLC It's what I use.

User Image

User Image

View ---> Playlist

I actually figured it out accidentally already. I had to check the option for Docked Playlist that was the 2nd Option in the View Section.

Ah, alright.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:24 pm
Prof. Moonie
Kor Saiyajinkami
Prof. Moonie
Kor Saiyajinkami
wellwisher
Try VLC It's what I use.

User Image

User Image

View ---> Playlist

Ah, alright.

Despite how I figured it out on my own already and the fact that you had how to do it wrong, thank you anyways. It's the thought that counts afterall.  

Kor Saiyajinkami

Rampaging Genius

14,025 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Key to Victory 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:53 pm
Kor Saiyajinkami
Despite how I figured it out on my own already and the fact that you had how to do it wrong, thank you anyways. It's the thought that counts afterall.

What do you mean I had it wrong? neutral  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:14 pm
Prof. Moonie
Kor Saiyajinkami

It wasn't in the "Playlist View Mode" Submenu of the "View" Menu. It was the second option in the "View" Menu.  

Kor Saiyajinkami

Rampaging Genius

14,025 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Key to Victory 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:29 pm
Kor Saiyajinkami
Prof. Moonie
Kor Saiyajinkami

It wasn't in the "Playlist View Mode" Submenu of the "View" Menu. It was the second option in the "View" Menu.

Well, you didn't completely specify what you were looking for in your original post. All I saw was one view without the playlist and one with. So, I gave the directions on how to get the playlist to show up and how to personalize the appearance of playlist, if so desired.

I don't usually use WMP when listening to music; I use Media Player Classic.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:33 pm
Prof. Moonie
Kor Saiyajinkami
Prof. Moonie
Kor Saiyajinkami

Well, you didn't completely specify what you were looking for in your original post. All I saw was one view without the playlist and one with. So, I gave the directions on how to get the playlist to show up and how to personalize the appearance of playlist, if so desired.

Well this wasn't about WMP. This was about VLC Media Player, which Wellwisher had suggested as a better alternative to WMP. I had been using it instead and then when my Windows 10 Update was installed it returned everything to default settings for that program and I couldn't find out how to return to what the Docked Playlist Mode (which at the time I didn't know that's what it was called cuz obviously if I had I would've been able to return to the previous settings I had my VLC Media Player set as).

I did completely specify what I was looking for in my post actually. It was just in visual form. Anyways like I said early, thanks for your attempt at helping me even tho I had accidentally stumbled upon the solution on my own prior to that. Afterall it is the thought that counts.  

Kor Saiyajinkami

Rampaging Genius

14,025 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Key to Victory 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:12 pm
Kor Saiyajinkami
Prof. Moonie
Kor Saiyajinkami
Prof. Moonie
Kor Saiyajinkami

Well this wasn't about WMP. This was about VLC Media Player, which Wellwisher had suggested as a better alternative to WMP. I had been using it instead and then when my Windows 10 Update was installed it returned everything to default settings for that program and I couldn't find out how to return to what the Docked Playlist Mode (which at the time I didn't know that's what it was called cuz obviously if I had I would've been able to return to the previous settings I had my VLC Media Player set as).

I did completely specify what I was looking for in my post actually. It was just in visual form. Anyways like I said early, thanks for your attempt at helping me even tho I had accidentally stumbled upon the solution on my own prior to that. Afterall it is the thought that counts.

Well, that was my mistake then. I saw that Wellwisher had suggested VLC but didn't realize you already started using it when asking help with the settings of the program. I had assumed you were still using WMP at the time because you mentioned the Windows 10 update.

And I didn't mean that you had to specifically call the setting by name; just a general summary of what you were looking for - in a format other than the images because obviously what you were looking for didn't completely come across for me just with the visuals.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:18 pm
Prof. Moonie
Kor Saiyajinkami
Prof. Moonie
Kor Saiyajinkami
Prof. Moonie
Kor Saiyajinkami

Well, that was my mistake then. I saw that Wellwisher had suggested VLC but didn't realize you already started using it when asking help with the settings of the program. I had assumed you were still using WMP at the time because you mentioned the Windows 10 update.

And I didn't mean that you had to specifically call the setting by name; just a general summary of what you were looking for - in a format other than the images because obviously what you were looking for didn't completely come across for me just with the visuals.

Well I figured showing exact visual representations would be enough and apparently for you they weren't. Well I guess that Visual Instructions/Descriptions don't work for everyone ya know.  

Kor Saiyajinkami

Rampaging Genius

14,025 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Key to Victory 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:23 pm
Kor Saiyajinkami
Prof. Moonie
Kor Saiyajinkami
Prof. Moonie
Kor Saiyajinkami

Well I figured showing exact visual representations would be enough and apparently for you they weren't. Well I guess that Visual Instructions/Descriptions don't work for everyone ya know.

"CIF" Crikey! It's a Forum~!

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff