Submit

wolf_with_a_dragon

Fallen Avenger

8,250 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:13 pm
So, I've downloaded this badass app called Akinator. For those of you who don't know, it's an app where you think of a character (real or fake) and it'll ask you a series of yes or no questions and try to guess whof you're thinking of. Well, he kept guessing even the most minor and vague characters I could think of so I decided, "screw it. I'll try using Moira to trip it up. I doubt it'll know an npc from Gaia." Then this happens.

User Image

Like, seriously. Is there anyone this app doesn't know?!  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:47 pm
Isn't that thing great? xd

Actually, I just defeated him with Eldest from the novel Across the Universe. Had to wrack my brain for something really, really obscure.  

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Kor Saiyajinkami

Rampaging Genius

14,025 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Key to Victory 50
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:47 pm
wolf_with_a_dragon
So, I've downloaded this badass app called Akinator. For those of you who don't know, it's an app where you think of a character (real or fake) and it'll ask you a series of yes or no questions and try to guess whof you're thinking of. Well, he kept guessing even the most minor and vague characters I could think of so I decided, "screw it. I'll try using Moira to trip it up. I doubt it'll know an npc from Gaia." Then this happens.

User Image

Like, seriously. Is there anyone this app doesn't know?!

Try doing one of your RP characters. See if it can still guess it.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:54 pm
Hiddochi wolf
Isn't that thing great? xd

Actually, I just defeated him with Eldest from the novel Across the Universe. Had to wrack my brain for something really, really obscure.

Nice! The only time I legitimately stumped him was by thinking of the bus driver from Jessica Jones. It was really hard to do. He even knew the martini guy from jurassic world and the chef that feeds the dogs in lady and the tramp!  

wolf_with_a_dragon

Fallen Avenger

8,250 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

wellwisher
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 10:07 am
He has trouble with naming most of the elder gods.He can get a few, but most of them stump him.

It still hasn't successfully gotten Ayi'ig, Cthaeghya, or Kaunuzoth. theough it sometimes knows Cthulhu and Yog-Sothoth. if it asks the right questions.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 8:56 am
Now you're kind of making me want to try it, but I have nothing that takes apps. lol  

Lady Lagomorph

Wheezing Bunny

25,075 Points
  • Very Thankful 25
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Are You Jelly? 500

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 1:56 pm
Lady Lagomorph
Now you're kind of making me want to try it, but I have nothing that takes apps. lol

It's online, too: http://en.akinator.com/  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 4:26 pm
Hiddochi wolf
Lady Lagomorph

It's online, too: http://en.akinator.com/
Thanks! I'm going to try it out now. So far I'm at Q 26 and stumped him once (he picked the wrong character).

EDIT: He got it, but it took about 47 questions.  

Lady Lagomorph

Wheezing Bunny

25,075 Points
  • Very Thankful 25
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Are You Jelly? 500

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:08 pm
Ah, yes, I remember playing around with the web-version of the Akinator in the past. It is pretty amazing how well he can guess something from the most basic questions.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:36 pm
I knew using my RP character/Gaia avatar would stump him. He incorrectly guessed Zorro. I wonder how much info he'd need about him to be able to guess correctly if I were to think about my RP character, Kor.

User Image  

Kor Saiyajinkami

Rampaging Genius

14,025 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Key to Victory 50

Lady Lagomorph

Wheezing Bunny

25,075 Points
  • Very Thankful 25
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Are You Jelly? 500
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:45 pm
Kor Saiyajinkami

On the other hand, being mistaken for Zorro is pretty cool.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:30 pm
Lady Lagomorph
Kor Saiyajinkami

On the other hand, being mistaken for Zorro is pretty cool.

Maybe if it were Roronoa Zoro, the Pirate Hunter, (ironic nickname since he's no longer a Pirate Hunter and became a pirate) of the Straw Hat Pirates.  

Kor Saiyajinkami

Rampaging Genius

14,025 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Key to Victory 50

wolf_with_a_dragon

Fallen Avenger

8,250 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:58 pm
Kor Saiyajinkami
I knew using my RP character/Gaia avatar would stump him. He incorrectly guessed Zorro. I wonder how much info he'd need about him to be able to guess correctly if I were to think about my RP character, Kor.

User Image

I don't think he'd be able to guess your rp character, since he's more of an OC and not an established character. Closest he would probably get is saying it's a character you created.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:16 am
wolf_with_a_dragon
Kor Saiyajinkami

User Image

I don't think he'd be able to guess your rp character, since he's more of an OC and not an established character. Closest he would probably get is saying it's a character you created.

Well I did the thing at the end to tell him who I was talking about so maybe he might be able to integrate mine into his knowledge-base.  

Kor Saiyajinkami

Rampaging Genius

14,025 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Key to Victory 50

Nadian
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:19 am
Akinator seemed to have trouble guessing Tsubasa Shiina from Figure 17, although I do wonder if that's because some of the questions are pretty ambiguous with her.

Does she have a sister? Ummm... kind of yes, but also not really? Hmmm...

Does she use a sword? Guns? Ships? Well... yes and no? Depends on the episode?

Does she transform? Kind of... but maybe it makes more sense to say that Hikaru transforms?

Mostly, I think Akinator has problems with her because the show is so slice-of-life that it's really her growth as a character that makes her notable more than anything else. In other words, compared to a lot of other characters on there, she's actually rather plain. Also, very few people have actually watched Figure 17 so Akinator wouldn't have had people guessing from it. (Which might mean Figure 17 characters aren't even in its database, hence why it wasn't even in the list of candidates in the end.)  
"CIF" Crikey! It's a Forum~!

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff