Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:12 am
Just saw it yesterday. I found it entertaining but not phenomenal, which I know may be an "unpopular opinion". What about you all, what did you think? smile  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:30 am
i havent seen it yet.  

Bunai

Angelic Blob

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:40 am
Bunai
i havent seen it yet.

I do recommend it, if you can get a reasonably-priced ticket. I saw it for $6, which is good for the Bay Area, cuz some theatres around here try to gig like $18. scream  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:23 pm
probably going to see that or might go see ant man 2 then go see that one.  

Bunny Motherof2

Timid Gaian

20,265 Points
  • Timid 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Friendly 100

BlademasterKnight

Enduring Hunter

14,225 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:49 pm
I felt like it was more for the people who have waited 10+ years to see it. Most people consider it a kids movie, but they have some pretty adult conversations in it.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:55 pm
I saw it last night, wasn't exactly thrilled with the main villain. but there was this one scene where one of the characters was watching a cartoon, and I loved that part because I watched the same cartoon religiously as a kid.

it was also fitting that cartoon be in there cause I also loved the art direction for a lot of this movie seeing as it was mid-century, but it had to be done properly or it would have ended up looking tacky.  

sgt.Frosty

kiakal

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:47 pm
My to-watch list is a mile long, some day I'll get around to watching it mad  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:51 pm
Haven't seen yet but I'm planning to soon  

inchidou

Questionable Informer

GLJordan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:07 pm
someday maybe  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:55 pm
Bunny Motherof2
probably going to see that or might go see ant man 2 then go see that one.

Yesss, I wanna see Wasp! biggrin  

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:59 pm
sgt.Frosty
I saw it last night, wasn't exactly thrilled with the main villain. but there was this one scene where one of the characters was watching a cartoon, and I loved that part because I watched the same cartoon religiously as a kid.

it was also fitting that cartoon be in there cause I also loved the art direction for a lot of this movie seeing as it was mid-century, but it had to be done properly or it would have ended up looking tacky.

Yes, though my first thought when I saw that cartoon was "Wait, that's not owned by Disney! How did they...?" Then I saw the credits were they gave credit to the owners of said cartoon. smile

And yeah... the tone of the film with the women taking center stage being like "a big deal" seemed awkward to me, but would've been in place "mid-century" as you put it, but it's not really that obvious it's set in that time period except for the stylization of the cars/televisions/etc. confused  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:28 am
This post contains mild spoilers, be warned.

Me and my husband(both early 90s kids) took our three-year-old to see it, and we thought it was....... Okay. The blue glowing eyes freaked my daughter out completely. And I had to take her out for the Screenslaver/saver (still not sure which it is) battle scene. I liked all the parts that didn't involve bad guys. Bob and the kids. My husband adored the Edna Mode and Jackjack scene though. And my favourite scene was Jackjack vs. The Raccoon. All in all, I feel like the story could've been fleshed out more. I feel like Disney kind of half-assed it. If you can see it for free or at a reduced price, it's a good way to kill about afternoon. But we paid full price, and we wish we had waited until either we could rent it or my father-in-law rented it.

REAL SPOILERS, the text is white, hi-light to read
I kind of wished they had made both the brother and sister be behind it so to give ElastiGirl someone to beat, to 'show the world' that supetheros are 'good'. They would have had to tweak the whole story, but the sister almost has a Batman complex. I could really not care less if the big baddie is a woman, just make it interesting  

Guillotine Dress

Sparkly Nymph

13,225 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hellraiser 500

-Jacksteer-

Sparkly Fatcat

15,225 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:02 am
I have yet to see the 2nd one sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:43 am
the special effects were soooooo gooooood
when elastigirl confronts screenslaver at his hideout and "he's" trying to get away, that scene was executed so well  

earl grey milk tea

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:28 am
Guillotine Dress
This post contains mild spoilers, be warned.

Me and my husband(both early 90s kids) took our three-year-old to see it, and we thought it was....... Okay. The blue glowing eyes freaked my daughter out completely. And I had to take her out for the Screenslaver/saver (still not sure which it is) battle scene. I liked all the parts that didn't involve bad guys. Bob and the kids. My husband adored the Edna Mode and Jackjack scene though. And my favourite scene was Jackjack vs. The Raccoon. All in all, I feel like the story could've been fleshed out more. I feel like Disney kind of half-assed it. If you can see it for free or at a reduced price, it's a good way to kill about afternoon. But we paid full price, and we wish we had waited until either we could rent it or my father-in-law rented it.

REAL SPOILERS, the text is white, hi-light to read
I kind of wished they had made both the brother and sister be behind it so to give ElastiGirl someone to beat, to 'show the world' that supetheros are 'good'. They would have had to tweak the whole story, but the sister almost has a Batman complex. I could really not care less if the big baddie is a woman, just make it interesting

I agree they kind of rode the hype when there was a lot more that could've been done, especially with character arcs. I mean, for Christ's sake, Violet begins the movie about to date a guy she likes and she ends the movie... about to date a guy she likes. Dash got absolutely no character development. Did the children "earn" additional independence in the eyes of their parents about assisting with supering? Maybe? Unclear. It seemed they had at the end of the first one, then the second one rehashed the same "it's dangerous, you're just kids" theme when we'd kind of already been through it and established they could handle themselves. While it's expected a mother will always feel protective about her children, she seemed so to an obnoxious degree all things considering. confused

And yes, initially I figured both the bro and sis were in on it to get the ban on superheroes overturned, which could've gone down an interesting road of "Is it bad if it leads to good?" thing; if the Incredible family had discovered they were behind the attacks just to have them foiled, would they have chosen to turn them in and risk not getting unbanned or continued to play along, blah blah stuff.

I'm a late 80's baby, so I feel ya. xd  
"CIF" Crikey! It's a Forum~!

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces