Advice. Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Khalida Nyoka
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 5:11 pm
This life is filled with trials and hardships. It is only to be understood that while living, people will have some problems.

This is a serous subforum.

If anybody has a problem, or a situation they need to tell others about an so forth, this subforum is the place to do it.

Spam will not be tolerated in this subforum, neither will flaming people.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:28 am
Well, here goes.

D
e
p
r
e
s
s
i
o
n!

It seriously sucks. I've felt nothing but depression, ever since the girl that I am good friends with, started going out with another guy. It feels terrible. Now, I'm not always depressed. It's when I'm alone at home is when it happens. I can mask the pain at school, but at home, it's free flowing. I don't know what to do..  

Pandora721

The..Lonely..Hobo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 2:34 pm
kitsune_pimp
Well, here goes.

D
e
p
r
e
s
s
i
o
n!

It seriously sucks. I've felt nothing but depression, ever since the girl that I am good friends with, started going out with another guy. It feels terrible. Now, I'm not always depressed. It's when I'm alone at home is when it happens. I can mask the pain at school, but at home, it's free flowing. I don't know what to do..

The Answer Is Not To Run Away, If You Really Love Her, You'll Tell her How You feel.

But Also, If You Dont Have The Strength To Summon Up The Words...
Well, You Know The Saying, 'there are plenty of fish in the river'  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:21 pm
Okay, here goes. I'm going to be moving soon, and I have to tell my friends that are really close to me about it. One of my really great friends started crying today when I told her. I can't stand that. My other friend, who found out when my mom told her grandma, will not talk t ome any longer. All she says is 'hi!' Theway she says it is too cheerful for her,so I know something is wrong. I dont know what to do.  

Jaime les animaux

A Skepty
Vice Captain

Dapper Elocutionist

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:49 pm
Jaime les animaux
Okay, here goes. I'm going to be moving soon, and I have to tell my friends that are really close to me about it. One of my really great friends started crying today when I told her. I can't stand that. My other friend, who found out when my mom told her grandma, will not talk t ome any longer. All she says is 'hi!' Theway she says it is too cheerful for her,so I know something is wrong. I dont know what to do.

She's probably just bothered that you're leaving. Maybe she'll snap out of it if you just keep talking to her like you normally would. Tell her that you'll still be in touch from your new location (it's probably good to tell everyone this). Give them a screenname or phone number. If worse comes to worse, pull her aside and ask why she's acting like that. It can't hurt to ask.

Good luck, both with your friends and with your move.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:06 pm
Askeptykal
Jaime les animaux

She's probably just bothered that you're leaving. Maybe she'll snap out of it if you just keep talking to her like you normally would. Tell her that you'll still be in touch from your new location (it's probably good to tell everyone this). Give them a screenname or phone number. If worse comes to worse, pull her aside and ask why she's acting like that. It can't hurt to ask.
Good luck, both with your friends and with your move.
Thank you a lot  

Jaime les animaux

[ Strawberry . Smile ]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:26 am
I'm not sure if I should say it but I really need advice.

I like this boy, but I'm not sure if he likes me back. My friends tried to tell him my good points, without me knowing, but they told me he said something like "What's the point if she doesn't like me back" I'd love to tell him but I don't want to be rejected. He's a big time flirter too but he's so nice. What am I supposed to do?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:22 pm
[ Strawberry . Smile ]

I like this boy, but I'm not sure if he likes me back. My friends tried to tell him my good points, without me knowing, but they told me he said something like "What's the point if she doesn't like me back" I'd love to tell him but I don't want to be rejected. He's a big time flirter too but he's so nice. What am I supposed to do?
maybe, you should try somthing innocent. Tell him your friend couldn't make a movie (preferrably one that he likes) and you already reserved tickets, so does he want to go. If he sais yes, reserve tickets right away. If it was ment to be, things will fall into place.  

Mikini-san

[ Strawberry . Smile ]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:26 pm
Mikini-san
[ Strawberry . Smile ]

maybe, you should try somthing innocent. Tell him your friend couldn't make a movie (preferrably one that he likes) and you already reserved tickets, so does he want to go. If he sais yes, reserve tickets right away. If it was ment to be, things will fall into place.
I wish I could, but it would be so obvious I like him. He knows I wouldn't ask a boy out, even if my "friend" couldn't go....but thanks ><  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:49 pm
[ Strawberry . Smile ]
Mikini-san
[ Strawberry . Smile ]

I wish I could, but it would be so obvious I like him. He knows I wouldn't ask a boy out, even if my "friend" couldn't go....but thanks ><

Well, if two won't work, try a crowd. Invite him and his friends to go along with you and your friends somewhere.

Or, you could try the direct approach and just ask. Feels good getting something like that off of your chest.  

A Skepty
Vice Captain

Dapper Elocutionist

Ice_queen_kat

Interesting Tycoon

6,400 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:29 pm
[ Strawberry . Smile ]

That is really a big problem, but hey, do you know there is a very easy way for you two.. but it needs a lot of courage and you really have to go for that 50% chance.. I know it is very hard but if you would not do it nothin will happen.. okay.. so this way is the simplest but the most effective of all.. directly ask each other what you two really feel for each other.. if not, you will just end up prolonging the pain and doubt, the fears you two both feel.. so I think both of you should work on this directly.. I suggest don't ask someone to pass your messages because that would be a total mess.. I mean it.. first hand questinong is the best than passing messages to others.. and it would be a bad shot if ask someone to do it for you.. just grasp enough courage for you to do it.. remeber do it directly face to face or not, well what matters is that you two talk to each other and work on this.. if you are not sure because he's a big flirt? am i right? anyway, just aslo ask him his intentions.. you two should clear the issue right away.. just take this as a friendly advise okay.. i don't mean to hurt you or something.. ^^ biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 5:27 am
I know you are afraid but if you don't put yourself out there, you will never truly experience life. If you are not willing to take any risks and give something then you will never receive either. Just take a deep breath and do something. Who knows, perhaps things will go the way you want them to. This is all easier said than done but do you really want to look back someday and say what if? I think that you can do this. You are a brave independent female, aren't you? Go get him, tiger!!!!!!!!!!!  

lucky8750

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 10:31 am
lucky8750
I know you are afraid but if you don't put yourself out there, you will never truly experience life. If you are not willing to take any risks and give something then you will never receive either. Just take a deep breath and do something. Who knows, perhaps things will go the way you want them to. This is all easier said than done but do you really want to look back someday and say what if? I think that you can do this. You are a brave independent female, aren't you? Go get him, tiger!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree. Rawr! biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:11 am
Well...right...mine's a little bit more serious and personal than these last few.

Last night, I had a really bad night at work. On my way home, I was incredibly tempted to release the wheel and let the car go where it felt like going. I know a lot of people will think I'm just suckering for attention, but I'm not. I really just don't want to be around anymore. I realized last night that I have been this way for a few years. I mean, at first I thought it was just a little spot of depression and I'd get over it, but now it's getting worse. I'm on antidepressants that I don't think are helping at -all-. I've been on them since November, so they've had plenty of time to kick in. I don't really know what to do...I've only told two of my friends and my parents don't know I've been having these thoughts. I don't want to get sent to a psychiatrist or put in a padded room because I'm crazy. I just sort of want to disappear.

You hear a lot of people say that commiting suicide is stupid...but they don't understand how it feels for those of us who have thought about it. It just makes us, or at least me, feel even lower to the ground than I already was.  

Ginhana

A Skepty
Vice Captain

Dapper Elocutionist

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 1:31 pm
Ginhana
Well...right...mine's a little bit more serious and personal than these last few.

Last night, I had a really bad night at work. On my way home, I was incredibly tempted to release the wheel and let the car go where it felt like going. I know a lot of people will think I'm just suckering for attention, but I'm not. I really just don't want to be around anymore. I realized last night that I have been this way for a few years. I mean, at first I thought it was just a little spot of depression and I'd get over it, but now it's getting worse. I'm on antidepressants that I don't think are helping at -all-. I've been on them since November, so they've had plenty of time to kick in. I don't really know what to do...I've only told two of my friends and my parents don't know I've been having these thoughts. I don't want to get sent to a psychiatrist or put in a padded room because I'm crazy. I just sort of want to disappear.

You hear a lot of people say that commiting suicide is stupid...but they don't understand how it feels for those of us who have thought about it. It just makes us, or at least me, feel even lower to the ground than I already was.

I was pretty depressed myself just a few months ago; now, suicide wasn't really an option for me, because I don't have the courage to do anything like that. Now, I'm not going to ask you to do anything other than consider what I say. What in your life could be so bad that you don't want to be around anymore? You shouldn't think totally of yourself; think of other people as well. Some people know that they are condemned to die soon; some haven't had a bite to eat in days; some are sitting out in the rain right now because thay can't afford anywhere to stay. I'm sure that there are many people out there who are worse off than you, and yet, they hang in there day after day. They have hope. They know that there is a chance that everything will change around some day. Maybe, instead of trying to find an immediate cure for your depression, you should hope for sunnier days.

Also, this piece of advice I give to everybody, but I think that it's a good point. Life is short, and you only get one chance at it. If you do commit suicide, think of all the great experiences you will miss. I'm sure that there will be bad experiences, too, but they can't haunt you forever.

Why don't you think about what I said for a bit? Good luck to you, and I hope you make the right choice.  
"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff