Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you like russians?
  Da!!!
View Results

John Preston

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 1:15 am
yes, I'm russian and proud! so go on, talk and mingle... about russia, speak russian if you prefer and just hang out!!  
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 10:57 am
John Preston
yes, I'm russian and proud! so go on, talk and mingle... about russia, speak russian if you prefer and just hang out!!
I must say that this thread could be a rather good one... but, if you wish to talk about Russia's beauteous culture, and/or language, you should do a bit more, early in the thread, to stimulate such discussion. After all, you would not want people blathering about a certain song by a certain German band (you know what I'm talking about), and vodka for two or three pages before it degenerates into a "COS" topic, would you?  

Dr. Awkward

Obsessive Cultist

10,450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100

John Preston

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 1:25 am
katsuhaiabi
John Preston
I must say that this thread could be a rather good one... but, if you wish to talk about Russia's beauteous culture, and/or language, you should do a bit more, early in the thread, to stimulate such discussion. After all, you would not want people blathering about a certain song by a certain German band (you know what I'm talking about), and vodka for two or three pages before it degenerates into a "COS" topic, would you?
sure that does sound quite nice, I'll start.... I'll keep it broad, as long as it has something about the russian speaking culture you can talk about it, but here's a few topics, Chernobyl (thats a touchy subject), cuz my dad was one of the liquidators there and I would like to get as much info on it as possible and opinions etc... and Cossacks! (not the game, although it is a great game for those who enjoy RTS games) because they are my ancestors (I'm originally from Ukraine, so technically I'm Ukrainian, but when I was born it was still part of Russia... Go my darlings, enjoy!  
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 12:51 pm
Hi smile I really like fantasy literature from russia. I think that it have so much new and fresh look magic. When I read it I always feel suprised of some events in book smile . I really like russians authors smile  

Wiedziemka

DrK_RuKi

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 1:39 pm
Menya Zovut Digi-Fan
Kak tebia zovut?

and thats all i know. I really want to learn russian, Japanese and italian alot stare

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 12:24 am
Wiedziemka
Hi smile I really like fantasy literature from russia. I think that it have so much new and fresh look magic. When I read it I always feel suprised of some events in book smile . I really like russians authors smile
Well, I'm going to Ukraine next month to visit my remaining family there, its gonna be tough... cuz I'm starting to forget... but anyway I'm coming back with a crap load of Pushkin.. maybe you can suggest some authors?  

John Preston

John Preston

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 12:26 am
Digi-Fan-4Eva!
Menya Zovut Digi-Fan
Kak tebia zovut?

and thats all i know. I really want to learn russian, Japanese and italian alot stare
Menya zovut Andrey, Cherez mesyats ya poyedu na Ukrainu... (In a month i'm going to go to Ukraine)  
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 8:49 am
P.M send smile  

Wiedziemka

Chrissy-Tenshi

Dapper Genius

4,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 12:07 am
Menya zovut Christina. Menya 15 let. Ya lyublyu Harry Potter! heart
I'm actually Ukrainian but the language is basically the same. I'm not very good at speaking Russian but i can read it and understand it... 3nodding

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 1:39 am
since most people like russian literature, lets have a discussion about that! I myself haven't read much of it but I do enjoy alot of Pushkin's work and I started reading Crime and Punishment  

John Preston

Wiedziemka

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 5:08 am
I read Dostojewski ^.^ but his eork is very heavy ^^' it's not some kind of books to read durning summer....  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:09 pm
Wow... A Russian, part of Gaia.... I feel... Right back at home... Almost...

Tolstoy!  

Red Frogers

Witty Prophet

11,575 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Mark Twain 100

Chrissy-Tenshi

Dapper Genius

4,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:58 pm
Did you know that Alexander Pushkin died in a duel to protect his wife's honour?
I like his poem about the squirrel "chudnaya belka." It's cute! 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:40 am
So do you still live in Russia?  

monalisa80

Lady 3Jane

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:27 pm
I would love to learn Russian... I have always been interested in that land, since I was "little" (still a young person, but... you know what I mean)  
"FLC" Foreign Languages and Cultures

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff