Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "FLDBAO" ~For the Love of Desu~ Books, Anime, and Others!
"Why not" post about the finer things in life? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nadian
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:22 am
Let's post about anime and books, of course! Naturally, that includes content closely related to them as well such as manga, short stories, and US animation (especially since some people use "anime" to refer to all forms of animation.)

Please try to respect other people and their opinions, and please avoid flaming and trolling. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 1:42 pm
Nadian
Let's post about anime and books, of course! Naturally, that includes content closely related to them as well such as manga, short stories, and US animation (especially since some people use "anime" to refer to all forms of animation.)

Please try to respect other people and their opinions, and please avoid flaming and trolling. 3nodding

You know to say the least, and not to start an arguement.... There is a very big difference between american cartoons and japanese animation a.k.a "Anime"..... I would go into more detail but... i don't know if i should.. again... I don't want to fight with my fellow otaku-ians and fans of anime...  

Phoenix_Kiss13

Curiosity2die4

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 5:55 pm
I agree with Miss Phoenix. I think that the name "Anime" is now designated by the style of the animation....  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:43 pm
why'd it stop getting called jap-anime anyway?  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

Norran Dupree

Anxious Entrepreneur

4,200 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:45 pm
FFXIsKegan
why'd it stop getting called jap-anime anyway?

it didnt some still call it that.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:54 pm
I believe Jap-anime is referring to the difference between Japanese made animes and American made "anime". Anime follows some rules, and there's some general styling to it, like the frame-rate per scene, and the "emotes" of characters. Animation refers to the art of animating, where anime is a style. I suppose non-anime animated stuff all tends to have it's own unique style depending on character design. Like Invader Zim or Lilo & Stitch. Can anyone else think of anything informative? It's always fun to learn new things about the ways of animation... or is it anime? xd  

Laki Larian

Eleventyone

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:31 pm
"Jap-anime" is less popular of a term i think because 'anime' is four characters shorter and 'jap' is a derrogatory term.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:49 am
eek Woah... Deep. LOL.  

oshi_desune

Sang-San

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 5:25 am
I like Anime But isn't for only Japanese 'animation'?  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:06 am
I gues it used to be, but a lot of people are saying shows like 'the fairly odd parents' are considered anime...I don't really mind what it's called though, I just love the shows! (well...japanese shows, not so much u.s)  

hanafan36

Anonymous...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 4:20 pm
It would never even occur to me to refer to something that wasn't Japanese anime as anime. But manga isn't such a big culture over here in England yet, so that might have something to do with it 3nodding

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:19 pm
well iv never heard it called jap-anime but i think people ought to use it only to describe the unique artistry of the japaness style animation. I mean feel free to call fairlyodd parents ,and what not anime but i still think that it should be a term reserved for the japaness stlye animation like Sailor moon! (shes my hero) umm yeah...  

A-Jen-Duh

6,450 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100

loki the fallen46

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:17 am
hello  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:40 am
well most anime now is more of japanese made but then is english dubbed for noth america. i think in most shows most people prefere japanese voices with subs then to english dubbed because it sounds better. but of course i dont usually watch anime on the comp with sound so i only read subs and watch the video without sound so it dont matter to me =D  

The Unknown Mercenary

Kyahoshi

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:56 am
I would think that "anime" should refer to the original definition, which is Japanese animation. I've never heard of Jap-anime, and calling the Fairly Odd Parents anime isn't acurate at ALL. Or at least that's what I think.  
"FLDBAO" ~For the Love of Desu~ Books, Anime, and Others!

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games