Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "FLDBAO" ~For the Love of Desu~ Books, Anime, and Others!
Inuyasha and other anime altered by America Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

do you agree?
  yes
  no
View Results

Heartless_Lover_Roxas

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:00 pm
Inuyasha haters DON'T HURT ME!!!

To voice my opinion on The english dubbed version of Inuyasha movie 1 I shall start with the many things they have changed...

1) the translations are usually completely wrong and are not what they are saying in Japanese and i know this because I have studied up a little bit on the Japanese language so that I may visit Japan when i graduate high school in two years.
2) on the bridge with Inuyasha and Kagome they cut out a scene where Kagome grabs Inuyashas Kantana specificly the Tetsusgai and attacks him with it.
2a) WHY THE HECK WOULD YOU CUT OUT ONE OF THE BEST SCENES!!!?

3) In the Japanese version there is more language and more blood too.

Personaly i think that if America is going to butcher one of my animes by trying to allow me to see it on a public channel...Then i say don't bother your screwing it up worse than if you would've not tryed at all.

And Inuyasha is not the only anime that is done like this heres a list that you might not relize is changed...

1) yu yu hackshou <<2) samurai champloo
3)cowboy bebop
4) Full metal alchemist (ed curses more and theres a few kissing scenes)
5) s-cry-ed
6) neon genisis
7) Eureka Seven
cool FLCL
9)Paranoia Agent
10)Trigun
11)Ghost in the Shell

AND many more!!! so next time your watching an anime altered by VIZ media or some other program THINK!!! YOUR GETTING RIPPED OFF!!!  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:18 pm
Out of curiosity, how did you watch it? (Both the original and the Viz version)  

Nadian
Crew

Nadian
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:55 pm
Hold on a second... PUBLIC CHANNEL?!?!? AS IN PUBLIC TV?!?!?! Listen, don't blame the dubbers for BS pulled by a TV/Cable station. After all, how much of the material is on the DVDs?

I also popped in my Inuyasha Movie 1 DVD into my laptop and fast-forwarded to the bridge scene. It doesn't look to me like anything related to the "Tetsusgai" could have been cut out. They hugged, she hit him by surprise with energy-claws through the gut, he jumped back clutching his wound, she kept launching energy-claws. In other words, her primary method of attack was energy-claws, not trying to grab Inuyasha's sword, and even then it would have had to have been an attack that she'd try and do at the very begin of the fight (because Inuyasha was intentionally keeping distance from her after the first hit!)

Also, I've watched Evangelion many times downloaded and on DVD. I have not seen any scenes cut from that series. I've only seen scenes ADDED (in the director's cut.) Or, if you're willing to try mentioning some scenes that were editted out then give it a shot; I'll figure out which episode it is (from context), pull out the DVD, and confirm myself it's in there if need be.

There are some things to be irritated about concerning dubs, but mistaking where the real problems are doesn't help. If the problem is really coming from public channels then instead suggest people get the DVDs instead.

(Also, feel free to suggest scenes from Cowboy Bebop, Fullmetal Alchemist, Scryed, Eureka Seven, FLCL, Trigun, or Ghost in the Shell... I have most of those on DVD as well.)  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:59 am
go buy the origanal japanese version that is NOT english dubbed and you'll see that or take a look at the japanese trailer of movie one in japanese and you'll see it there too  

Heartless_Lover_Roxas

Heartless_Lover_Roxas

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:05 am
Nadian
Hold on a second... PUBLIC CHANNEL?!?!? AS IN PUBLIC TV?!?!?! Listen, don't blame the dubbers for BS pulled by a TV/Cable station. After all, how much of the material is on the DVDs?

I also popped in my Inuyasha Movie 1 DVD into my laptop and fast-forwarded to the bridge scene. It doesn't look to me like anything related to the "Tetsusgai" could have been cut out. They hugged, she hit him by surprise with energy-claws through the gut, he jumped back clutching his wound, she kept launching energy-claws. In other words, her primary method of attack was energy-claws, not trying to grab Inuyasha's sword, and even then it would have had to have been an attack that she'd try and do at the very begin of the fight (because Inuyasha was intentionally keeping distance from her after the first hit!)

Also, I've watched Evangelion many times downloaded and on DVD. I have not seen any scenes cut from that series. I've only seen scenes ADDED (in the director's cut.) Or, if you're willing to try mentioning some scenes that were editted out then give it a shot; I'll figure out which episode it is (from context), pull out the DVD, and confirm myself it's in there if need be.

There are some things to be irritated about concerning dubs, but mistaking where the real problems are doesn't help. If the problem is really coming from public channels then instead suggest people get the DVDs instead.

(Also, feel free to suggest scenes from Cowboy Bebop, Fullmetal Alchemist, Scryed, Eureka Seven, FLCL, Trigun, or Ghost in the Shell... I have most of those on DVD as well.)

i would stop trying to prove me wrong unless you have the origanal japanese versions that dont have english dubbed and if you dont id appreciate it if you would stop saying im wrong i know for myself im not...ive seen the ORIGANAL japanese versions...  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:05 pm
User ImageUser ImageUser Image heart  

pinkminastarr

Ulterior_Motives

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 9:40 am
Keep in mind that since Japanese is not a romantic language- there is no complete and truely accurate translation. Phrases like "Ganbare" and "Doozo" are a pain in the a** to translate- but spend a few weeks as an exchange student and you'll know. Most translations for TV are much more on the conservative side of the translation because thats what the translators see fit for the general population.

Another note is that there are no cuss words in the Japanese language. There are unsulting words- but those are because of the meaning of the words- not how they are used. IE- They don't shout rude synonyms for "sex" or "poop" when something goes wrong. They don't modify with these words either. They do say words like "baka yaaro" which have a directly insulting meaning- meaning what you'd find in the dictionary is the exact way it's used- unlike english curses like ********, s**t, and crap.

Besides, they think our curse words are jokes. They used them with me and expected me to laugh...My host father even folded a manikan's hand to flip everyone in the store off- and though it was funny.

What might be acceptable in that culture may be odd for us- and some of the things we do they consider crude. Vilolence in cartoons is expected. The use of weponry is much more acceptable in the media and such. Its just culteral differences that cause these differences- though the translations aren't that off.

Oh- and like none of the highschool kids know these anime in Japan anyway- well- at least no one at my school or my friends' schools knew them.Those that did hated them anyway.They like American cartoons and movies... The irony of cultural exchange.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:17 am
pinkminastarr
User ImageUser ImageUser Image heart

awesome pics!  

Heartless_Lover_Roxas

Rizelia

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 6:54 am
Wow... I've never seen so much fuss over the anime, Inu Yasha. I mean, I'm a huge Inu Yasha fan as well but, just be glad to be able to see it. I don't find Inu Yasha on television anymore and my family can't afford the DVDs. I only have season two on DVD, but that's because of Christmas. Besides, in case you haven't heard yet, the government is banning anime in America. Oh, and by the way, for the person that posted all of the pics stretched the page and many people get ticked off from page stretching.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:28 pm
ShadowStar93
Wow... I've never seen so much fuss over the anime, Inu Yasha. I mean, I'm a huge Inu Yasha fan as well but, just be glad to be able to see it. I don't find Inu Yasha on television anymore and my family can't afford the DVDs. I only have season two on DVD, but that's because of Christmas. Besides, in case you haven't heard yet, the government is banning anime in America. Oh, and by the way, for the person that posted all of the pics stretched the page and many people get ticked off from page stretching.

Banning anime in America? rofl rofl rofl

That's a myth. The lovely petitions circulating were started as gags. Really. Some people.  

Ulterior_Motives

Moonlit Joy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:42 pm
They cut the first 7 episodes out of Card Captor Sakura. And they cut some out when Tomoyo was being slightly lezzy.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 4:26 pm
i know that the english translations of alot of anime's are messed up, that's why i prefure to watch the japanese versions and read subtitles. the voices sound more like they were meant to thanin the english versions  

Beitrix

Dapper Lunatic

7,250 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

Ulterior_Motives

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 7:50 pm
sephie lady
i know that the english translations of alot of anime's are messed up, that's why i prefure to watch the japanese versions and read subtitles. the voices sound more like they were meant to thanin the english versions

You do know that the subtitles are the exact english scripts unless you download illigal fansubs, right?  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:48 am
YOU GUYS SAY WAY TO MUNCH WORDS!!!! xd rofl  

volos the demon king

Jennemo142

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:14 pm
INUYASHA ROCKS  
"FLDBAO" ~For the Love of Desu~ Books, Anime, and Others!

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games