Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "FLDBAO" ~For the Love of Desu~ Books, Anime, and Others!
Subs or Dubs? Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Subs or Dubs?
  Subs
  Dubs
  Both / Neither
View Results

zynii

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:09 pm
Which do you prefer when you watch anime?

Dubs are easy because they say it in english.
But then again so the words fits the mouth they change some of the meanings.

{Well Translated} Subtitles you have to read and you always focus more on the bottom part of but you get the exact feel for what it was meant to be like.

I tend to choose Subtitles enless the Dubs are decent quality.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:58 am
i prefur subs. i thinkt he dubs mess up the anime too much, and actualy with subs i pay attention to both the top and bottom... not just the bottom  

Beitrix

Dapper Lunatic

7,250 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

Takahashi_Natsumi

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:02 pm
It really depends on the anime for me. Shows like Hellsing, Full Metal Alchemist, and Ruroni Kenshin are horrible in Japanese (in my opinion). Hellsing takes place in England, so it's logical for everyone to be speaking English; as for FMA and RK, a woman does the voices of the main characters (who are males) and I just can't have that ><. And then there's Excel Saga which is impossible to watch with subtitiles (if you've seen the show I'm sure you know what I mean). Angel Sanctuary and Naruto, on the other hand, sound AWFUL in English. As for everything else, it just depends on what I hear first. I usually watch anime with subtitles because that's mostly what's offered when you download torrents. I have no prejudice towards subbed or dubbed anime.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 4:40 am
subs, but on some dub is better  

Black_Widow87

Strideo
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 5:07 am
I prefer subtitles.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 2:14 pm
I'd rather read the subtitles, although I've found a few series worth watching in English. Dubs in Spanish are horrible though  

Nut~Job

Sparkle Hearts

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 4:53 pm
It really depends on the Anime.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:01 pm
Subs for me!
But I will ocassionally watch dubs if I like the voices in them.

Hikari Li

blue_lutra

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:08 pm
fan subs or pro dubs.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:29 pm
I think it all depends on the anime. The English dub of Naruto SUCKS!!! They cut out so many things, and the voices are horrible.....But some dubs are actually really good! So, I really don't mind sitting and reading subtitles, but if the voices are good, I'm all for dubs! (I think it's funny....The guy with the long, wavy blonde hair whose name I can't remember right now from Desendants of Darkness, has the same English voice as James from Poke'mon!!! *Laughs* It's great. It really suits him.  

ichbineinengel

Seraph-Martyr

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:40 pm
subs unless i'm working on cosplay because then i just listen to what i should be watching  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:31 am
I prefer subtitles, but it really depends on the anime.  

Jetsamgirl06

Wiedziemka

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 2:47 am
Subtitles all the way. Only dubb I like is in a disney movies, they are always good made in Poland smile . Oh and one thing I use english subs to watch anime which is japanese and my first language is polish.

But once I had watched english movie, with french dubb and on the bottom of film there were chinesse letters and above them english one 0_o... I only watched like 5 min of this movie  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:03 am
I prefer subs because English dubs are often horrible! >.<  

User_1602346

Ulterior_Motives

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 2:13 pm
If you get used to subtitles then you barely notice you're reading them while watching the anime... Or is that just the ADD mind? O.o

Personaly I choose Raw... Japanese with no subs. Why? I gotta keep my Japanese grades up and I'm able to convince my parents that it's studying if there's so subs. XP  
"FLDBAO" ~For the Love of Desu~ Books, Anime, and Others!

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games